XBoxOne

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
That depends if you like games like Titanfall I say keep if not you might test the waters and see if someone wants to buy it because you would have more than enough to buy a PS4.

SELL IT AND BUY A PS4

YOU KNOW ITS THE RIGHT THING TO DO TRES

This is actually Lex second suggestion, his first involves you blowing the xbone to bits. :monster:

Lex

Administrator
In a perfect situation he'll sell it to one of those YouTube sadists who smash things like that up with hammers for kicks.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Thanks for the feedback. :monster:

A guy at work suggested trying to get store credit for it at Walmart, then getting a PS4.

Not sure what I'm going to do. Another coworker has offered to buy it for her son, but obviously at a discount. What's a fair price?

As I ask this, I realize most of the responses I've gotten so far are from people who don't deal in U.S. dollars. =P

Lex

Administrator
PS4's are $399USD. XBox Ones are $499USD base. I say sell for between 400-450 monopoly munny and get yourself a shiny PS4 with a game you fancy.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I'm still (master)debating with myself about what I'm going to do. =(

On the one hand, having a PS4 would be awesome. I could play "inFamous: Second Son" when it comes out next month.

On the other hand, I don't know of any other games coming out this year I'm dying to play. There's the new Transformers game, but I still have to play the two previous ones on PS3. I have an extensive library, both already purchased and intended to be at some point, to play for this console generation. Had I not won a next gen system for free, I wouldn't have considered buying one for years.

"Uncharted 4" probably isn't coming out before next year anyway, and who knows when KHIII and FFXV are coming (if at all in the latter's case). If I get the PS4, chances are I'm going to play the hell out of Second Son and then not buy another PS4 game for at least a year.

And there's also the fact I could buy groceries for months with this gift card. :monster:

What I may do is treat myself to a game like "The Last of Us" and a nice steak dinner for me and my girlfriend, then spend the rest on groceries/whatever I feel like over the next few months.

I'm not used to having disposable money. This is such a difficult situation to be in. XD

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
Walmart is my least favorite place to buy groceries. Always low prices my anus. My local market always has 10lbs of something for .99 cents regardless of when I go. 10lbs of potatoes? That means we'll be having potato soup, baked potatoes, hash browns, potato wedges, mashed potatoes...:awesome:

I rambled. I'd buy something that isn't readily available to you on an ordinary basis at your local markets. I guess you and me are in the same boat. I never know how to splurge and all my excess money always ends up in my savings. :|

I did just remember...some Walmarts have gasoline stations. You could technically have 'free' gas for a while.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I like the way you think, Howly. :monster:

I do have a terribly hard time splurging. My gf and I spent about an hour and a half in there tonight before I could make up my mind on a game. I ended up getting "Red Dead Redemption" and spending about $35 on stuff for a nice meal tomorrow (steaks, marinade, fries, seasoned greens, shrimp, cocktail sauce).

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
There's quite a few big games coming out for the PS4 this year that you would probably be interested in aside from Second Sons Tres like:

Watch Dogs

The Witcher 3

Destiny

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Just to warn you if you don't buy a PS4 Lex will hunt you down. :monster:

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
Of those, "Destiny" is the only one that jumps out at me, and that's going to be on PS3 also.

Man dont play such a beautiful game like Destiny on PS3 .____________.

PS3 will make it look fugly. I would be genuinely surprised if the highest settings for it on PS3 aren't lower then the lowest PC/Next Gen settings.

edit:

Also look what Xbone tried to sneak in :monster:

Region lock BS.

Last edited:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Yeah so the Playstation 4 is pretty cool you guys let's talk about that some more here :monster:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
First Xbox One price cut comes with the Titanfall Bundle

Microsoft has announced the first Xbox One price cut.

From 28th February Xbox One will carry an estimated retail price of £399.99 in the UK. It currently costs £429.99.

Coinciding with the announcement, Microsoft has confirmed the Xbox One Titanfall bundle that leaked online earlier this morning. This Titanfall bundle includes an Xbox One console, the Kinect sensor, a standard Xbox One wireless controller, a standard Xbox One Chat Headset, one month of Xbox Live Gold membership and a digital copy of Titanfall for the same price of £399.99. You can pre-order the bundle from today.

The price cut comes just three months after the Xbox One launched in Europe on 22nd November 2013. While the console has sold over twice as fast as its predecessor the Xbox 360, it is being outsold by its cheaper rival the PlayStation 4.

Xbox UK managing director Harvey Eagle told Eurogamer the price cut was not in response to this sales situation. Rather, he insisted it was to do with capitalising on the launch of Titanfall, which he expects will be an Xbox One system seller.

Titanfall impressions by TB for posterity

Slight tangent: Stephen Elop (one of the executives suggesting the sell-off of the Xbox division, lol) now in charge of the Devices and Studios division - which includes the Xbox and Surface/Surface Pro hardware and Microsoft Games Studio

:monster:

Last edited:

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
Microsoft: "no plans" to release an Xbox One without Kinect

Lame.

These comments on reddit sums up my feelings towards the Kinect

$100 of dual camera motion tracking system, and all 99% of gamers use is the $2 microphone.

sell me a version that is $98 cheaper and put a $2 mic on it and I will happily buy it. I am not paying for something that I blatantly will never ever use to it's fullest. Too expensive, under-specced and too much shoveled with it that I don't want nor need.

Voice commands seem ok. I can see myself using them but for fucks sakes the camera adds no value to the console at all.

edit:

Slight tangent: Stephen Elop (one of the executives suggesting the sell-off of the Xbox division, lol) now in charge of the Devices and Studios division - which includes the Xbox and Surface/Surface Pro hardware and Microsoft Games Studio

I REALLLY hope they dont axe the Surface. It doesn't sell all that well but its such a solid tablet, would be sadpanda to see it go :<

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I do have a terribly hard time splurging.

Snigger.

Seriously though, me too. I think I first said that I was going to buy a PS3 after I played The Beatles: Rock Band in late 2009 or early 2010. I spent ages going through the console's entire games catalogue online, picking out exactly what I wanted and pricing it all up to work out how much I'd need to spend in total. I had to include the price of a new TV, of course. Eventually GTA V comes out in 2013, I play it on my housemate's PS3 and get addicted, so I buy myself a computer monitor and play it on his spare PS3. And I still don't have the Beatles game* :monster:

Every time I get a bit of unexpected money, I start thinking about what I'm going to do with it, and then end up doing nothing. Which, by the way, is a great way to accumulate savings!

* Except on the Xbox 360, but that's another story; I don't actually own an Xbox...

Top Bottom