So, what do you think the LTD conclusion is? (Round 2)

Who does Cloud love?

• Aerith

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Tifa

Votes: 121 85.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Isabella

Your Mom
We can see it. :awesome:

So in other words, Nojima isn't a very coherent interview. He drifts from one thought to another. He sounds a bit bitter about marriage. Is he divorced? :monster:

Isabella

Your Mom
This part confuses me a bit. It's been stated that he opened his heart to Tifa, yet here it says that he isn't the type to open up? Can someone explain this?
Well, he isn't the type to open up. He's more likely to confide in Tifa than in anyone else, but as we see in CoT he closes himself off even from her, and it worries her.

A

Great Old One
Well, he isn't the type to open up. He's more likely to confide in Tifa than in anyone else, but as we see in CoT he closes himself off even from her, and it worries her.
I see, thanks for the explanation. :monster:

Without Tifa, he'd be so screwed.

I'm disappointed there is no Sephiroth option. Poll phail.
That's nothing compared to the crazy yaoi fangirls Clack fans that reside here.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
If you invoke the mystic power of the brain, you could see that he compared 'things going well' with both C/A and C/T.

If you take the Aerith comment as meaning them in a relationship would have gone well (which you know it will be),

Even though he uses 'could' language and not 'would' language...

then (despite not going well) he just said that Tifa and Cloud are in one. Only not a 'might be, maybe' one.

So Nojima has just inadvertently made C/T canon. Again. For like the 5th time.

Yep. Starts making you think it's not inadvertant at all.

ding ding ding :awesome:

I'm a little confused about the Aerith reference though ... it might have gone better with her, but there's a burden associated with her? I thought the burden was her death? So if we're talking about hypotheticals and what might have been, then ... she wouldn't have been dead? Anyone see what I'm trying to say?

I think It's talking about her current role as burden, but I think there would be a burden even in their theoretical relationship as well.

Because of the guilt Cloud has over Aerith's death? Or maybe he just felt they wouldn't get on because of who each of them are as people.

Interesting how he jumps straight to that when talking above Cloud and Tifa's relationship. It feels pretty unconnected otherwise.

In other words nothing was resolved between them in ACC? Well okay, I guess they may still have awkwardness issues after ACC despite everything but they seem perfectly happy and normal in Dirge of Cerberus 1 year later.

No, things were resolved. But they don't magically go away, even then. They've got to work at it, and the kids will help.

So Cloud and Aerith were compatible but I also don't understand what the 'burden' is. Is it just talking about his guilt over her death?

'May have worked'. Always pay attention to wiggle words like that.

Which affirms what I originally thought, that the distant and possibly negative attitude Tifa sees isn't conveying the true thoughts and intentions of Cloud himself because it's from her slightly paranoid point of view (she starts off the novella by wondering why it was he left and for the rest of the novella she then explores this, hence how depressing it can seem at times).

That would seem to make sense, yes.

This part confuses me a bit. It's been stated that he opened his heart to Tifa, yet here it says that he isn't the type to open up? Can someone explain this?

Cloud ISN'T the type to open up. Hence why his instance of opening up his heart and his other instances of opening up, especially at the end of AC/C so he can let people in, are such major instances. Cloud, even around his friends, does not reveal a whole hell of a lot about his thoughts or emotions.

Why was it closed?

Size.

And why is everyone using that freaky... frog emoticon?

Kermit.

Isabella

Your Mom
I admit I don't understand what Kermit is supposed to convey. Is he snuggling up to someone? Is he rolling his eyes at someone? Cannot cope. Must know.

Frostwave

lil' rice krispies
AKA
Elizabeth, Selda
I associate it with someone staring at you and leaning in to intimidate you.

But that's just me tho.

Last edited:

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
So, on the subject of koibito yet again, a mere hour ago, I watched an episode of classic 1980's anime Uresei Yatsura. Look it up, because I don't wish to get into it here.

Anyways, in this episode, two men were bickering with each other over a woman, both claiming the woman to be their koibito. She considered one of these men to be her koibito.

What's my point, here? Aside from it getting localized as girlfriend? Mostly that people can use the word koibito in reference to folks that they are not in a relationship with, but that one can't be a koibito to nobody.
And when someone is a koibito to a someone else, and that same someone is in a relationship with a someone else, it only makes sense that both someone else's are probably the same in a work of fiction.

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
Okay, this is unfair.

You forgot to put Zack and Sephiroth in the poll. You're all biased rabids. :@

I want that one brave soul who voted Aerith to come in here and elaborate. :lol:
Was that you, Drake?

I voted Aerith. :awesome:

Sorry guys, they are just so right for each other... even Cait Sith thought so!

[/endcleriicraziness]

Even if "would have gone well" was about relationships... isn't the way it's worded kind of pointing out that fact that there's no way to find out now? That they can't be in a relationship cause she's gone. I thought FFVII was about loving a dead person and them living inside of you, talking to you like you're a crazy person forever...

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
I want that one brave soul who voted Aerith to come in here and elaborate. :lol:
Was that you, Drake?

There are two now. :monster:

We have more Cleriths than Clotis here. :awesome:

Isabella

Your Mom
Was that second one really you, Balth? Shenanigans! :monstersmash:

Even if "would have gone well" was about relationships... isn't the way it's worded kind of pointing out that fact that there's no way to find out now? That they can't be in a relationship cause she's gone.
They can't have a physical relationship because she's gone. But she can still possess him and make him do unspeakable things.

Was that second one really you, Balth? Shenanigans!
:whistle:

They can't have a physical relationship because she's gone. But she can still possess him and make him do unspeakable things.
But that's just it right... Clerii seem to think they CAN. It's gone far and beyond him just loving her after her death, because if that was all he did he might move on someday and be happy like Aerith would want with that bitch Tifa.

We can't have any of that happening :ego:

Isabella

Your Mom
Well, combine that quote with the AC playback from yesterday that said she returns to the Lifestream where she belongs. I think we can safely say NO U

Blue

Rookie Adventurer
:whistle:

But that's just it right... Clerii seem to think they CAN. It's gone far and beyond him just loving her after her death, because if that was all he did he might move on someday and be happy like Aerith would want with that bitch Tifa.

I don't think anyone who still obsesses over a 15 year old love triangle (that will probably be rewritten in a remake anyways) is allowed to say "moving on" in a argument.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
15 years?

I think someone needs to subtract 1996 from 2009 again...

Besides, our argument is that there's no moving on to do, natch.

Blue

Rookie Adventurer
15 years?

I think someone needs to subtract 1996 from 2009 again...

That kinda proves my point there, man, haha.

I seriously can't wait for the remake to just add like 10 lines of dialogue that throw the fanboys/girls/blobs into 300-post debates for another 20 years.

I wonder if Nojima ever browses english FF sites and laughs...

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
Can someone tell me in three lines or less what Nomu-whoever said "Aerith would be a burden" or what he's refering to? I'm getting the impression that it relates back to the fact that they're both connected so deeply with Zack which would make the relationship extremely uncomfortable at the very least. But then again, FF7 is quite the mystery to me, so I'd rather have someone elaborate...briefly.

Still protesting the lack of Sephiroth on that poll, btw. >:

Lily Ella

Pro Adventurer
Even if "would have gone well" was about relationships
Also, wasn't it "maybe," like "not sure / possibly"? Also, is he talking from Tifa's POV or not (like maybe she thought that maybe it would have ~gone well~)... since he suddenly remembers/mentions that the story is from Tifa's POV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom