So, what do you think the LTD conclusion is? (Round 2)

Who does Cloud love?

• Aerith

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Tifa

Votes: 121 85.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
So why don't they just go out and actually say "And Cloud and Tifa lived happily ever after. The end."?

I'm betting it's less profitable that way. :P Keep the intrigue alive just barely enough to keep some discussion and debate on it, which stirs interest...just what SE wants.

That said, if it's ever been made that obvious somewhere else (I cba to read all the translations, retranslations, pretranslations...), ignore my ignorance.

That all said, a fucking LOT of evidence points to it anyways, so it's really not much for debate even then.

Isabella

Your Mom
Or they can just say that Nojima has always been a biased Cloti.

A biased Cloti who's the the chief writer. :monster:

So why don't they just go out and actually say "And Cloud and Tifa lived happily ever after. The end."?
They kinda did in that AC Playback hito translated. Calling Cloud's family his "promised land" and "where he belongs" sounds pretty happily ever after to me.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal

I'm betting it's less profitable that way. :P Keep the intrigue alive just barely enough to keep some discussion and debate on it, which stirs interest...just what SE wants.

I think its more like, it's less realistic. Yeah, they love each other, and want to make it work, but given the trauma both of them have endured, and the hurdles they have to deal with regarding their own issues, it's not a walk in the park. It's not a fairytale love story. It's very real, and it has its own real problems. But that's okay, because as long as they love each other and don't give up, they'll be able to overcome it.

That said, if it's ever been made that obvious somewhere else (I cba to read all the translations, retranslations, pretranslations...), ignore my ignorance.

That all said, a fucking LOT of evidence points to it anyways, so it's really not much for debate even then.

Well that interview excerpt just came out today so you haven't missed too much now. :monster:

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
I've seen Cleriths argue before that CoT is an argument for why a C/T relationship could never work. Which is funny, because in order for that to be the case you'd have to acknowledge they're actually in one.

What I want is an explanation for how the C/A relationship can ever work, what with the dead girl and all. :monster:

A

Great Old One
I've seen Cleriths argue before that CoT is an argument for why a C/T relationship could never work. Which is funny, because in order for that to be the case you'd have to acknowledge they're actually in one.
Yes, but you're forgetting how they claim that Tifa has motherly feelings for Cloud.

That's incest! :@

Well, yeah. He's been doing that since the dawn of time. Trolling the fans.

What I mean is, what were those scenarios exactly? D; Is it just the Tifa is light thing?
I'm pretty sure that Nojima had originally meant for Cloud or Tifa to outright state that Tifa was Cloud's light, or something similar to that manner, but didn't bother using that scene in the end. Just a guess, though it seems plausible.

Final Fantasy VII: Confusing the fans since 1997.

A biased Cloti who's the the chief writer.
No. I demand a poll to be taken among ALL of the SE staff. Then we'll see.

What I want is an explanation for how the C/A relationship can ever work, what with the dead girl and all.
She lives on his soul. They have flower sex.

Duh.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
What I want is an explanation for how the C/A relationship can ever work, what with the dead girl and all. :monster:
the spirit!sex fanfic is their explanation :monster: Though obviously it completely disregards the nature of FFVII's setting (iirc there's no way for Aerith, as an inhabitant of the Lifestream, to solidify into a form that wouldn't be toxic for Cloud to touch, so if they tried having sex it would pretty much burn his penis off :monster:), but hey, that's never stopped them before :monster:

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
I don't believe that crap. A writer can just say "So and so are together. Simple as.". That doesn't invalidate the fact that they're "going through shit and are working at it", blah blah blah. A writer's word is pretty much law in their own universe. I'm remaining at my point of "milking the FF7 franchise" theory.

Isabella

Your Mom
Well, spirit sex aside (I like to believe those folks are the minority), I think their point is that you don't stop loving someone after they're gone. Which is true; you don't. But before they can argue Cloud loves Aerith to this day and wants no part of a Tifa relationship, they have to prove Cloud loved Aerith to that degree to begin with.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
I don't believe that crap. A writer can just say "So and so are together. Simple as.". That doesn't invalidate the fact that they're "going through shit and are working at it", blah blah blah. A writer's word is pretty much law in their own universe. I'm remaining at my point of "milking the FF7 franchise" theory.
Yeah basically, they don't want to alienate the rapid cleriths :monster:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal

You asked why they just don't say they live "Happily Ever After", Dawn. That's what I was replying to.

Now that's an entirely different quote. :monster:

Nojima pretty much said that in this interview, however. He's speaking about them as a couple and them being together. While hypothetically speaking about what Cloud and Aerith could've been. I mean, if this was any other franchise than FFVII, would them making such an explicit statement be necessary?

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
I'm pretty sure that Nojima had originally meant for Cloud or Tifa to outright state that Tifa was Cloud's light, or something similar to that manner, but didn't bother using that scene in the end. Just a guess, though it seems plausible.

Wait. But isn't showing it all in KH2 with the glowing Cloud and the blindingly bright Tifa is already outright stating that Tifa is Cloud's light? :huh:

She lives on his soul. They have flower sex.

Duh.

How silly of me to have forgotten. :awesome:

the spirit!sex fanfic is their explanation :monster: Though obviously it completely disregards the nature of FFVII's setting (iirc there's no way for Aerith, as an inhabitant of the Lifestream, to solidify into a form that wouldn't be toxic for Cloud to touch, so if they tried having sex it would pretty much burn his penis off :monster:), but hey, that's never stopped them before :monster:

So basically there's nothing...

And C/T has everything? :monster:

A

Great Old One
Wait. But isn't showing it all in KH2 with the glowing Cloud and the blindingly bright Tifa is already outright stating that Tifa is Cloud's light? :huh:
Yes - but some like to think of Cloud's actions (covering his eyes when she does so) means that a.) he's rejecting her light b.) the light is too bright for his eyes c.) Aerith is perfect for him because she's balanced - both light and darkness.

Ergo, Aerith belongs to Cloud.

I know, it's sad.

How silly of me to have forgotten. :awesome:
That's okay, that's a side effect of being a Clack. :awesome:

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
Oh, sorry, Mako. My real "issue" (more a musing, since I find this whole thing funny) is that it would be so much easier for them to just say "lol, wut, Tifa and Cloud are together, end of story" than to go with all this other bullshit. I'm sure plenty of people have asked them. But to me, it seems they're smart enough to realize that there's a good deal of interest in this little "triangle" or whatever it is, which inspires sales, which to them, is what they're going for.

And why the hell mess with that when you're a big corporate machine driven by cash?

A

Great Old One
Oh, sorry, Mako. My real "issue" (more a musing, since I find this whole thing funny) is that it would be so much easier for them to just say "lol, wut, Tifa and Cloud are together, end of story" than to go with all this other bullshit. I'm sure plenty of people have asked them. But to me, it seems they're smart enough to realize that there's a good deal of interest in this little "triangle" or whatever it is, which inspires sales, which to them, is what they're going for.

And why the hell mess with that when you're a big corporate machine driven by cash?
I'd like to think that the only reason why SE hasn't bothered to outright state it as canon (and as bluntly as possible), is because of the risk of losing fans... and money. :awesome:

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Well, spirit sex aside (I like to believe those folks are the minority), I think their point is that you don't stop loving someone after they're gone. Which is true; you don't. But before they can argue Cloud loves Aerith to this day and wants no part of a Tifa relationship, they have to prove Cloud loved Aerith to that degree to begin with.

Which kind of returns us to Zerith. At least Zerith has all the evidence of something romantic existing between the two parties, plus the fact that we outright see Aerith not being able to get over Zack. So... yeah, you don't stop loving someone after they're gone.

In Cloud's view, he's hung over Aerith and Zack. But he already got over that in CoT, with it all coming back because of Geostigma.

Also, I know I'm not the only one, but I just don't get the whole 'Cloud hates Tifa' crap.

Isabella

Your Mom
I disagree. I think this interview of Nojima's, the "koibito" thing from Nomura, and just the way they talk about Cloud and Tifa in the Reunion Files shows that they aren't trying to hide anything. No, they haven't issued a press release, but they're treating the material as if they don't have to, because it's self-explanatory.

If they're being coy about anything, it's about whether Cloud's feelings for Aerith were romantic or not. And that's understandable, because that's up to the player. But they aren't treating Cloud ending up with Tifa as 'up to the player' because it isn't. They talk about it matter-of-factly. They'd probably blink at you if you told them they should issue a press release about it.

A

Great Old One
Also, I know I'm not the only one, but I just don't get the whole 'Cloud hates Tifa' crap.
The reasons are crap too - supposedly Cloud hates Cloud because he runs away from her in KH, because he won't answer her calls in AC, and all those barriers to Cloud and Tifa's relationship. I've only met a few who've claimed that Cloud dislikes though, so I'm not too sure, :monster:

A

Great Old One
I disagree. I think this interview of Nojima's, the "koibito" thing from Nomura, and just the way they talk about Cloud and Tifa in the Reunion Files shows that they aren't trying to hide anything. No, they haven't issued a press release, but they're treating the material as if they don't have to, because it's self-explanatory.
Well, that. There are some people who can't be convinced even when the proof is right in front of them.

To be honest, I don't think it'd be enough to make it 'canon' to certain others even if Cloud and Tifa kissed. There are some who'll just try twisting the facts as much as possible to satisfy the fantasy fangirl inside of them.

Isabella

Your Mom
Well, that. There are some people who can't be convinced even when the proof is right in front of them.

To be honest, I don't think it'd be enough to make it 'canon' to certain others even if Cloud and Tifa kissed.

I agree, but that's more about certain fans' stubbornness than it is about SE being coy.

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
I didn't say anything about a press release. I said answering the question directly when it's put to them. Being evasive when the question's direct means a desire to conceal whatever the true answer is. And seeing as the other evidence is so obvious to support it, then one can only conclude that they are a couple, but it's much more convenient to leave some ambiguity to inspire discussion and debate. And sales.

Vendel

Banned
I personally think they just like being coy for shits and giggles.

Yes it is obvious. And no they wouldn't lose a ton of fans if they did something as stupid as some sort of "press release".

I think I have seen where they were shocked by the shipper community. So of course the game that inspired it all gets the fun treatment. While everything that comes after is pretty straight forward.

No drama.

Raquelborn

"I slice your ass in 4."
AKA
Raq, Raquel.
What I mean is, what were those scenarios exactly? D; Is it just the Tifa is light thing?

It's never been specified but it most likely would of been in the scene where Cloud faces Sephiroth. I imagined her hugging him or something to pass on the light (like Kairi did to Sora at the end of KH) but that's just me, it could of easily just been the dialogue.

Well, she embodies his light like Sephiroth embodies his darkness, to be strictly correct. This parallels with Kairi and so on so it could be said that something romantic is being suggested between her and Cloud just like it is between Kairi and Sora.

Yes - but some like to think of Cloud's actions (covering his eyes when she does so) means that a.) he's rejecting her light b.) the light is too bright for his eyes

Sephiroth: Because the light of the present is too much!

Thanks Sephiroth, that makes sense.

c.) Aerith is perfect for him because she's balanced - both light and darkness.
Kairi is a being of light and she's the only one for Sora. That's just a really bad Clerith point to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom