• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

LTD, round 3: This time, we settle it with Jello Wrestling

The one he lives with or the dead one?

• Living

Votes: 96 88.9%
  • Dead

Votes: 12 11.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Isabella

Your Mom
Think she's referring to some survey SE did in Japan recently. ZxA most popular, followed by CxT, then CxA. And it's 'cause all these kids played CC first, damn it. They got suckered into thinking Zack and Aerith were in love when we all know better!

Edit: Also, as for Aerith's last letter being a "break-up letter": Is the 89th letter in four years really a "it's SO over, you bastard" letter? Wouldn't it be more of a "I still love you, but after all these years I need to move on with my life" letter? Break-up letter sounds so hostile, when I don't recall the letter being so at all. /random

Last edited:

Winter

8ad 8r8k
AKA
oddishness, like vines, azula, femshep, winter
To be fair, the only reason anyone would love ZxA is because of CC.

I liked ZxA back in the day, but it was a different beast then. lol, retcons

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Actually I was kind of fond of them after AC... I thought she was happy with him and all that. I still like the couple and I haven't played CC :monster:

Winter

8ad 8r8k
AKA
oddishness, like vines, azula, femshep, winter
Even in AC the pairing was fagged up to hell. I mean, it's SE's canon. They are word of god.

But in the original game I got a very different idea of what ZxA was like.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Even in AC the pairing was fagged up to hell.
I don't even XD

And not really, they just were showed in the end of the original. That's all. That's not really fagged up at all O_o

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
I don't see how it was so different. They didn't really alter ZxA on account that we are not given much of what ZxA was like to begin with in the original. We know they were, that they were separated and that Aeris still has lingering feelings, and that she also seems to put a mask on and hide a lot of what she really feels regarding Zack. This is in the original even without the added shit.

CC just filled in and exposed the story. In that sense, it's not really a retcon of any sort.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
and that she also seems to put a mask on and hide a lot of what she really feels regarding Zack.
meh I really disagree with this... she loved him, she lost him... she was ready to move on with Cloud. But I know we all disagree on that one so...

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
But even AFTER she realized he wasn't Zack 2.0 she still expressed interest in him.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
o lawd cin is still using the 'displayed as 'tickets'' translation that makes no fucking sense whatsoever and posting the same quotes as Clerith evidence. Someone should bump her record player, I think it got stuck.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
o lawd cin is still using the 'displayed as 'tickets'' translation that makes no fucking sense whatsoever and posting the same quotes as Clerith evidence. Someone should bump her record player, I think it got stuck.
You got me all excited, I thought she came back :(

Isabella

Your Mom
meh I really disagree with this... she loved him, she lost him... she was ready to move on with Cloud. But I know we all disagree on that one so...
You make it sound as if they're mutually exclusive. They aren't.

1. She hid a lot of what she was really feeling regarding Zack.
2. She realizes what she's doing, and that she's been chasing Zack's shadow.
3. She decides to move forward and to pursue Cloud for himself.
4. She dies.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Think she's referring to some survey SE did in Japan recently. ZxA most popular, followed by CxT, then CxA. And it's 'cause all these kids played CC first, damn it. They got suckered into thinking Zack and Aerith were in love when we all know better!

Edit: Also, as for Aerith's last letter being a "break-up letter": Is the 89th letter in four years really a "it's SO over, you bastard" letter? Wouldn't it be more of a "I still love you, but after all these years I need to move on with my life" letter? Break-up letter sounds so hostile, when I don't recall the letter being so at all. /random

Even her 'last letter' hopes that it will make it to him. She only stops because she doesn't know where to send them any longer.

To be fair, the only reason anyone would love ZxA is because of CC.

I liked ZxA back in the day, but it was a different beast then. lol, retcons

Uh, what retcons? No, seriously, it was mostly blank. The biggest 'retcons' involved negated Maiden, not FFVII.

But even AFTER she realized he wasn't Zack 2.0 she still expressed interest in him.

Which IS NOT THE SAME as her being over Zack. When she's moving on at the end, she's trying to be over Zack, but she's been lingering over her feelings for him for five years and fell for chocobutt because he was Zack 2.0. It's not a simple matter of 'being over' when less than two weeks ago she was subconsciously chasing her first boyfriend again.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Which IS NOT THE SAME as her being over Zack.
I never said she was completely over him, but she was trying to get to know Cloud for who he was, right? And she realized she was chasing him for Zack and tried to stop that. Then she was trying to get to know Cloud and she died. That's all I'm saying here.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
http://z8.invisionfree.com/Cloud_x_Aerith/index.php?showtopic=10053&view=findpost&p=12392540

So, I played FF7 years ago, and I didn't like it much, except for C/A which was totally the awesome.
Also, I think the C/T pairing is like totally shallow, because this guy had a childhood crush on me, and that was shallow because he didn't know me so well, and Cloud didn't know Tifa well either (nevermind he didn't know Aerith more than two fucking weeks), and so I'd REALLY stop respecting him if he got together with Tifa (but pining for a dead girl he knew half a month is totally respectable).
Also, It's terrible that Zack hit on other girls while he went out with Aerith, even though nothing ever says he actually did, and Aerith totally broke up with him, BTW.

Really, though, I can't sum up the fail, folks.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Wow, there are times when the fails never cease to amaze me and... I think it's one of those moments ._.

She's not serious, please, tell me she's not serious? XD

Vendel

Banned
Love this quote.
I have to admit Zeris was pretty cute while it lasted, but I felt it was kinda shallow and not deep enough.
At lest you would get your feet wet. There isn't even a Clerith puddle.

Also I am sure it never occurred to those people that there isn't any C/A to erase. At least not in the way they think.

Last edited:

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Au contraite, vend, it occurs to them all the time. In the same frightening way that closeted homophobes have their urges occur to them.
They know the truth, and it scares the fuck out of them. And that is why they act as they do.

Vendel

Banned
Au contraite, vend, it occurs to them all the time. In the same frightening way that closeted homophobes have their urges occur to them.
They know the truth, and it scares the fuck out of them. And that is why they act as they do.
You know. If it wasn't for that DoC game manual there wouldn't even be a mention of Aerith post AC/C. And if another comp title comes out I am sure it will be the same.

Must really work on their minds....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom