• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Resident Evil Series

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
There's four campaigns in all.

I'd buy the increased damage against zombies skill and increased item drop. Those two helped me immensely in Leon's campaign.

As far as getting grabbed goes, I try stay away from zombies when they get downed/are downed. Melee strategies are just too risky. Shaking the stick like crazy when you get grabbed works best for me when I have no choice.

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
King of the Potato People
tumblr_m3tqzpq1fi1qdqe97.jpg

Are there any health items anywhere in chapter 3? :wacky:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Uhh idk I think herb drops are random but the bigger the enemy the more likely they are to drop them?

Anyway if you're looking to do max damage with guns I've found equiping the lock on skill with the critical and damage boost skills works best. You'll get more instant headshot kills more often.

I've beaten all of the campaigns and I really enjoyed the game, the combat is great but there's too many QTEs and I would have preferred more variety but all in all I liked it much more than RE5.

Mercs is fucking amazing though imo.

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
King of the Potato People
but there's too many QTEs

This. :wallbanger:

I'm gonna play it on easy more until I've unlocked stuff. The combat is suitable hectic, but I feel you don't get enough of a respite between places. Maybe I need to get use to it. I've only just worked out how to use the grenades and explosives, that would have been helpful earlier. :wacky:

SmokingWiid

Rookie Adventurer
Revelations for home consoles confirmed ...
Looking forward to this remastered title. I hope to see a lot of horror. Also, I think it's just me, but does Jill look like Alison's version of Lara Croft in Revelations? I have this feeling the Uncharted-esque Tomb Raider game will hinge on the appearance of Revelations. Just sayin'. :sigh:

Kawata says he's 'revised his opinion' on action-focused Resident Evil
An open-world Resident Evil game... That would be great. It isn't too farfetched seeing Silent Hill had the base for open-world game play, specially referring to when the player is given room to explore the remainder of Silent Hill. I can imagine it. :faint:

Unlucky

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN
I've recently played RE5 on my cousin's Xbox. Didn't finish it though. Anyway, I thought it was just me being an oldschool grump (admittedly I don't have an Xbox or a PS3), but I'm glad that I'm not the only one who's not a fan of the game being too action-based. It was pretty enjoyable but it's not something that I'd play over and over again..

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
Fans took the source code to RE Outbreak and made their own severs. It only works with the JPN version of the game right now though. :sadpanda:

Source

Sephiroth

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Diamond Weapon
I think that capcom should start changing the gameplay style back to the original Resident Evil games. The gameplay style that they are using just don't fit with the game and people are starting to loose interest on this franchise. I think it is time for them to start making some changes on the gameplay system and go for the classic gameplay style in order for them to get more players to play the game. Another thing I noticed is that the zombie has been changed completely and it lost that scary element to the game. They need to bring back the real zombies back to life to this famous horror game. Also they need to fix the ai o f the zombies because they are not that good at all. If capcom fixes those things it will sell them more games without any problem.

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
I can't find the press release, but the last communique concerning Resident Evil was that they had finally caved in and were going to go back to the survival horror roots for the next installment (which may, or may not be a reboot).

Speaking of which, I seriously should get around to playing 6 at some point...

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
6 is okay, major story spoilers:
It really didn't do anything ground-breaking with the characters, and felt mostly like fanfiction that retreaded everything to stay safe

I'm currently halfway through Revelations on 3DS, and without the circle pad pro everything defaults to tank controls. It's alright as well, but does a lot of what I like about the first Resident Evil. Plus I missed Jill.

However, they're really shoeing in the notes that you find this time to cover down on memory space.
"I'm getting impaled through the stomach--I don't know how much longer I can write this"
and
"Here are your instructions, make it look like an accident--leave no written evidence"
are examples that come to mind.

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
I think that's one of the major reasons why I've stayed away from playing it for so long.

Revelations on the other hand, I absolutely loved it. Felt like a nice balance between old and new Resi.

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
roxas9001, Krat0s9001, DarkSlayerZero
Unless we get something like The Last Of Us or RE/Biohazard Outbreak, I'm done with RE/Biohazard.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
umbrella chronicles and darkside chronicles are 1000 yen each on the japanese psn, but are they actually worth getting? i could spend that money on something else if they aren't (like re4 hd)

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
I thought DC was beautifully done, but miffed that we didn't get a proper RE2 remake like RE did for the Gamecube. Both Umbrella Chronicles and Darkside are rail shooters, so you'll be playing the same levels over and over to unlock things, and that's about it for replayability. If you haven't played RE4 yet, I'd pick that.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i have played re4 before, so i was a bit more inclined to try something new instead

i mean, i still have re2 to start and finish first so i'm not actually in a rush :awesome:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
they're rail shooters so they're kinda goofy. Nothing particularly special imo (boss battles were not all that cerebral at all, even for a rail shooter game), but a good amount of throwaway fun and 1000y for both sounds pretty reasonable :monster:

RE4 HD would be much more bang for your buck though I htink

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
well it's not 1000 for both. there's 6 ones available, 5 for 1000 each (5 alternate/gold and code veronica hd which i have already, and the 2 chronicles games and 4 hd) and operation raccoon city for 2000 which i am not that fussed about. i don't think this is a timed sale from what i saw, so i am not exactly rushing anyways

Top Bottom