• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

The Love Triangle Debate: Another Turn in the Cycle

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
With the posting of the new LTD analysis, I figure it's time for a new LTD thread.

Also, I would be failing in my duties if I didn't quote Dacon's opening post from the last LTD thread:
Ok. Staff have discussed it, and though many of them were in favor of just simply shutting it down for good, we have agreed to give it another shot.

I don't believe in dictating what people can or can't talk about, so I want to give this another chance to work and give everyone another shot at discussing this Debate that they seem to enjoy talking about.

Here's the deal, there will be no more toleration of any kind of foolishness. If you flame someone, you will be banned. If you troll, you will be banned. If you try and use past events as a weapon against people, you will be banned. Off topic bullshit isn't acceptable either, save the frivolous banter for the clubs please(which might I add, are a haven for whatever their subjects are, if you have a problem with whatever pairing or character the club pertains to, DON'T FUCKING POST any bullshit you have against them). ANYTHING not regarding the LTD and the pairings concerned is off topic, full stop. If you can't keep from doing shit like this, you may as well not even bother posting. Try and circumvent these standards and it will be treated the same as a violation of them. This is not a game.

If it gets so bad that we're banning too many people, we're going to shut down the entire debate for at least a year, but I don't think it will come to that. You people all have it within you to demonstrate basic civility and I expect you to do so. Despite how we may behave sometimes, we are not children.

Now myself and my fellow mods will not go for outright bans on every offense, we will mostly be issuing temp bans, but we do have the ability to completely nix your permissions to this thread and we will make use of it.

The premise is simple, discuss the LTD, do it respectfully and civilly, and we will have no problem. Don't, and I will bring the hammer of god down as fast the internet will allow.

All that said, have fun, and don't fuck it up.

Macros have been expressly banned from the thread. This has been said often enough. It is being added here so no one will have an excuse.

Last edited:

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
I was happy to see the last one locked.

Sad to see this one opened.

CONSIDER MY HALLOWEEN RUINED NOT EVEN A HOCUS POCUS MARATHON CAN SAVE IT NOW :sadpanda:

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Tres......you've murdered us all! :@

Knuxson

Pro Adventurer
I just read through your new LTD analysis post and found it to be a huge improvement over the previous one. Thanks for taking so much time to do that. I get a little exasperated at the thought that someone would need so many quotes from creators, ultimanias, etc. to be convinced of something that is right there in the narrative of the OG and the compilation. A story shouldn't have to spell out everything explicitly for the audience to grasp what the intention is. I do appreciate you digging all that up, though, and, at the least, it is extremely interesting to read through all of it. Thanks again.

At the top of my head, I can't think of any other topic in gaming which has been treated with such academic finesse, on such a massive and long-lived scale, by select people of a given fandom. The LTD may be a monster, but we can be proud to have people like Tres who stare into the abyss but without blinking.
There will always be those who "argue" like children who have yet been taught the art of debate. For those, the words of Bertrand Russell are relevant.

Last edited:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
At the top of my head, I can't think of any other topic in gaming which has been treated with such academic finesse, on such a massive and long-lived scale, by select people of a given fandom. The LTD may be a monster, but we can be proud to have people like Tres who stare into the abyss but without blinking.

Thank you. :monster:

I intend never to do anything like this again. XD

Now I'm curious to know what you think I was going for there. Please share.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Ohhh, okay, I see now. :monster: Yeah, he does seem to be leaning more in her direction.

Honestly, I put those three images next to each other because they all look depressed there. I figured if we have to suffer with their shenanigans, it was only fitting that we could look at them being miserable. :awesome:

Unlucky

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN
Looks to me like he's checking her ass out. But looks like I'm seeing things, nvm folks! :awesomonster:

Great analysis. Very honest and transparent. Wishful thinking as this may seem I really hope it clears up at least some negativity.

Lex

Administrator
Tres, images posted on the front page need to be in a 2:1 aspect ratio in order to look right when something new is posted. I do like the cover image though, it's nifty.

Anyway yes, thank you for the analysis and congratulations on finally posting it! You must feel pretty exhilarated after all this time :)

Shadowfox

You look like you need a monkey
Wow, that certainly was comprehensive. I tip my hat to you, Tres, and all who had contributed to the analysis.

I can't believe I read the whole thing. Well, most of it; I started skipping forward when it got down to listing and displaying each and every handhold in the series.

I noted some formatting hiccoughs, like at the end of the 'puppet who can see the strings' section where the italicised fonts for the quote from Episode: Tifa carried on all the way to the end.

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
I'm much too tired to go through this tonight, but I will get to it and marvel at Tres as usual :monster: If I spot any formatting issues when I do, I'll make sure to point 'em out. There can be no blemishes on the face of Tres' mighting LTD domination analysis :reapermon:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom