30 Days of Final Fantasy (2019)

Gary Caelum

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gary Caelum
graxious-art-beatrix-rework2.jpg

8. Random line of dialogue in FFXV really made me piss myself. When a tonberry appears, ignis will sometimes say "A chef's knife? Hmmm. Perhaps he's offering us a culinary challenge."
I love that kind of dumb humour.

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
tidus bc he's an obnoxious pos and his english voice actor makes me want to punch a wall every time this [CHOCOBO KWEH] goes on about his stupidass story that isn't even really about him.

"This is my story."

Bruh, I cannot with the dude. His lack of self-awareness kills me. Just shut the fuck up, Tidus.

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Queen Brahne of FFIX

"Better if I didn't have to see those vermin and the ugly elephant-lady. They offend my senses." -Kuja

That about sums up how I feel about her. She's a terrible, and horrible person with no charismatic or amusing qualities to offset it. :mon:

CrashOuch

she/her
AKA
Sara
Day 9. From previous conversations I'm led to believe this is mad controversial but FUCKIN ASHE. I can't stand her. She's all floppy and wet blanket like and annoying and all the boys like 'yo, she so strong, doin her duty, phwoar' NOPE. No she isn't! She just flops around! AND I had to devote actual time and energy to keeping her as levelled as everyone else cos otherwise she just DIED constantly and no matter what I did, she was always the last one to level up! UGH.

I personally struggle to get on with a lot of the FF girls and I blame SE and their dodge character writing and hopefully one day well written women will be a normal thing we don't have to talk about.

Ghost X

Day 9.

Zell. No one likes a whiner.

Closely followed (or perhaps succeeded) by any "good guy" character that is one dimensional, and that dimension is "creepy skirt-chaser". Even worse if they rewarded in the storyline by the object of their affection. Namely Jake from FFBE. Irvine in FF8, iirc, too (don't think he is rewarded though). Don Corneo doesn't count because he's already a villain :mon:. It's like Brock from Pokemon. Get a fucking life :mon:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
9. HOPE

Fuck this kid like omg. He offers NOTHING and is just so whiney. He loses someone and becomes entirely insufferable for the entire game.
Snow loses someone and people cuss him out on his behaviour in spite of doing everything he can to be positive and keep spirits.

I hate him more than Lightning omg but when they're both together that is when I struggled to keep playing.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
My first answer has not changed from last year, it remains Machina. Honourable mention goes to Alphinaud. I hate how he shows up, asking the join the Scions then, in the same conversation starts using "we" and "our" to refer to the Scions like he's their primary spokesperson and he knows them as comrades. Yes, he gets character development, yes he gets humbled, but the story doesn't stop showering him with attention.

Castiel Strife

Pro Adventurer
Two of my favorite characters - Tidus and Lightning.

First two characters mentioned. :( You break-a my heart guys, you break-a my heart.

I dunno, honestly the only one that sticks in my head is Sephiroth for
Killing Aerith.
There aren’t really any characters that I can think of that I find annoying or anything. Well, Hojo sucks so maybe him instead of Sephiroth. Also Yuffie can be annoying but I like her. It’s a tough question, but I think I’m changing my answer to Hojo lol.

Last edited:

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Characters I can’t stand:

Hope, Snow, Zack, Vanille, Rikku, Cyan (that’s Woolsey’s fault - ffs learn the difference between a ‘thou’ and a ‘thee,’ Ted) and Eiko. Apparently I don’t go for the “kooky spice” characters in FF (Yuffie’s a rare exception because of her treachery). Hope, for the reasons Joe said. Snow and Zack are the same dumb schlock, “Hero! Hero! Honor! Honor!” stfu chums. They’re like Steiner but without the self-aware writers.

I find Lightning boring as paste but she doesn’t repel me like the above mentioned. The hype around her is annoying, similarly to how Sephiroth’s fan base has put me off the character, but that’s not anything to do with the actual game.

I like Ashe because
for a while I was sure she was going to become a secondary antagonist, being revenge-obsessed and all, or at least meet a tragic end, Ivalice-style. So I followed her story with baited breath, it made FFXII’s twists very enjoyable.

Tidus is grating because of the direction of the dub imo, not his actual personality, but so are all FFX characters who move while they talk (you’ll notice Auron, Lulu, and Kimahri never look like idiots). JAT is a fine voice actor (his Obi-Wan is so good) and Tidus isn’t badly written, he’s just deeply uncanny.

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Snow and Zack are the same dumb schlock, “Hero! Hero! Honor! Honor!” stfu chums.

lmao that's one of my many beefs with CC. The way they retconned Zack's personality like that was lame imo. I prefer the blank space the OG leaves you to come to your own conclusions, I reckon. Zack was a widdle bit less 'honourable' in my head. :p

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Day 8: The realisation that Kuja's big revelation in Mount Gulug
about rage triggering Trance was just casually dropped in the tutorial ATE by Mogster. Somebody didn't push select.
Although partly this is me just coming up with one because nothing is jumping out.

Day 9: I don't really hate characters, but the Turks are so self righteous about the stuff they do to other people and then flip on a dime as soon as they face any consequences at all themselves. Also they treat their subordinates horribly.

Gary Caelum

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gary Caelum
After I've finished Lightning Returns, I'll have done all of the main series games.

Might try World of Final Fantasy next. Bought the Vita version a while back but haven't got to it yet. It seemed to go down quite well with the fans.

CrashOuch

she/her
AKA
Sara
Me and my brother are planning to get zodiac age in the next couple months and I'm VERY excited to play that cos XII is my favourite. Then I need to finish playing IV, V, VII and Type-0, and that'll be me done for a bit. lmao who am I kidding that's all gonna take me like ten years.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Day 10: Final Fantasy Type-0 HD (PS4)

I played that game in jp and the fan translation (btw, don't play that, it takes a tool on performance) on PSP, I want to pick up the game again for console (my main gaming device)

Whenever I get a strong gaming PC I want to play Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition, mostly for the better performance and other PC perks like mods.

Another strong candidate is Final Fantasy VIII Remake.

Top Bottom