FF Collections

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
If I had ever visited the S-E store in Tokyo, I'd have brought a pick-ax and began trying to carry out the Sephiroth statue that was displayed in the floor xD
I've been wondering whatever happened to that. Is it still there?
"Oh ho, where did you find this strength Play Arts Kai?" :awesome:
I know where you got it lol. I'm just not gonna get as lucky as you on that one.

Misterbadguy

Phantom Lord
AKA
METEODRIVE
Recently got a Detolf cabinet for organising my collection more ornately. It's not absolutely everything I have but it's most of it:

IMG_20201029_121915.jpg

Particularly proud of the OG special edition soundtrack, got it for an extremely good price with the original plastic wrap and sticker. One of the inserts is damaged but it's otherwise in remarkably good condition.

I've been wondering whatever happened to that. Is it still there?

Nah, the store was closed and replaced with Artnia which is a separate building. As far as I'm aware it's inside SE HQ along with the 1:1 scale Compilation Buster Sword and the model of Midgar.

Torrie

astray ay-ay-ay
I've been at this for awhile.:monster:
Your collection looks terrifyingly enormous for me as a minimalist hahaha I'm genuinely impressed! I keep asking myself if I would like to obtain anything for a start, but it takes courage, space, and my money too, so I don't even bother :mon:

No, maybe I just lied a little. I'd love to see the two SOLDIER boys hanging out somewhere on my shelves, preferably polygons, since they are relatively small and nostalgically adorable. So maybe someday. Maybe. Maybe baby.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I got more bullshit lol. I just picked this up:

Classic unofficial FFVII guide. I've been infatuated with this guide for ages, because its presentation is a big step up from the official FFVII strategy guide, and since it's unlicensed they had to make their own artwork (see: the cover) which I think is pretty cool. The way FFVII is presented in media changed drastically just a few years later, so I find this book a unique little peek into the early days.
Capture2.PNG
Also, needless to say, it did not cost "only $9.99." Didn't come with the poster either, but I already have the poster anyway lol.

If you'd like to see it and not spend too much money for a strategy guide for a game you already know how to play, there's a PDF:
https://archive.org/details/Final-Fantasy-VII-Versus-Guide/page/n3/mode/2up

It gets better though, on my way home from getting the mail (I accidentally had it delivered to my old address...) I stopped by the independent game store near me to look for Christmas gifts for some of my friends, when I found THIS:
Capture3.PNG

What are the chances? It's a goddamn Christmas miracle. I'm a happy camper.

This guide actually was $9.99 btw.

Last edited:

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
It's like there's no point for that guide to exist, given the internet!
When you really get down to it, Video Game guides became functionally irrelevant by the year 2008 since GameFAQs and similar place could do everything they did and more. The Ultimanias actually have the right of it by being more of a book "about" the game, with lore details and interviews along side gameplay tips and enemy info, it gives those books value that you can't just get online. Like, IS there a physical guide for the remake besides the Ultimania? I don't think there is, anyway.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Okay, well thanks to a certain Shademp I've now come into probably the rarest bit of FF7 memorabilia I own:
1610320408347946947439548747570.jpg
This DVD has higher resolution versions of a selection of the game's FMVs on it, as well as a video interview with some of the creators. Shad wrote an article about it on the main site an eternity ago.

I was hesitant to even share that I got this lol. 25 minutes of MPEG-2 video is not worth anywhere near what this thing costs. According to @Shademp I am now a God of the FF7 fandom for owning this, so uh... bow before me, mortals...?

Last edited:

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
As long as owning it makes you happy, I don't see why not :gawesomonster:
Because my poor, poor wallet. That's why lol.
*Bows deeply* Now to go beyond godhood and obtain the Aerith's Theme music box
Maybe someday, but certainly not now lol.
The next dumb rare thing I want to grab is this poster
DDmS2TQV0AAGWF4.jpg

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Odysseus and I are now bound by the MPEG-2.

DVD BROTHERS 4EVA!11!!11!!

With these great relics of power nothing will stop our dominance :muhaha:
I'm gonna watch my Final Fantasy VII CG collection DVD while drinking out of my Final Fantasy VII Pepsi cup while eating my Final Fantasy VII ramen cup while wearing my Final Fantasy VII T-shirt and everyone will look at me and say "wow. what a cool guy that is."

Last edited:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I'm gonna watch my Final Fantasy VII CG collection DVD while drinking out of my Final Fantasy VII Pepsi cup while eating my Final Fantasy VII ramen cup while wearing my Final Fantasy VII T-shirt and everyone will look at me and say "wow. what a cool guy that is."
But we can only do that if you record and upload the experience.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
There's a lot of obscure FFVII media out there, from the time before the internet connected fans and merchandise together globally, so finding such rare and obscure items is always awesome. Congrats on getting it, it was wild reading about that DVD.

Top Bottom