SPOILERS LTD Remake — It's like New Coke except ... no, it's exactly like New Coke

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Yeah this is nothing new, we did say that the next part(s) are going to be like that? I still think Aerith will fall in love with Cloud, as much as it pains me to see her like this in her resolution. But once they'll have to go full cloti, they won't hold back either.

MiraTora

Rookie Adventurer
AKA
Toraki
So Toriyama said they won’t go as ambiguous as in OG, but at the same time, they will still push both ships(as clearly as possible) in the next part, is that what he mean?

Eerie

Fire and Blood
It's obvious that if they go as per the OG story, Cloud is confused and Aerith falls for him. Cloud is at least attracted to her. There's no denying that (personally I don't think he fell in love with her because the story doesn't work if he does). And yet at the same time, he was also attracted to Tifa - but it was hidden in options. Remake is getting rid of the options to show us that even with his fake personality he does have feelings he can't place for Tifa.

At the end of the day, he will remember what those feelings are alongside his true self, accept back everything and end up with Tifa. That's always been the OG story, even though I argue that the canon was very diluted by all the options and the way it was presented. Remake offers us, on the LT side, a way more tightly written story. I won't lie though, it's going to be hard to see Aerith walk on that path while knowing the ending - at the very least knowing his feelings for Tifa.

MiraTora

Rookie Adventurer
AKA
Toraki
I don’t mind if Aerith has romantic feelings for Cloud(even Jessie has favor on him based on the OG relationship chart and that translated more obvious in the Remake). However, the more important is “how” she likes him. Somehow, people keep arguing that did she love the real Cloud or soldier Cloud? Because she never meet real Cloud(even though she want) so I assuming that in the end, she only loves the Cloud that resembles Zack, not real Cloud

I agree with you that I don’t believe Cloud falls for Aerith(I agree about attractive thou because it realistic for Cloud to have attraction for her), it just kinda makes no sense to me but in the other hand I kinda worried about what the devs will offer for the fandom in the future, especially how SE try to avoid the chaos in the latest Valentine day

Eerie

Fire and Blood
She never met with the real Cloud but I don't think that really matters to her. Cloud and the little time she knew him became important. And it's true that she was attracted to him at first because he acted like Zack, so that really threw her off, but who knows if she'd also like the real Cloud? I don't know that, no one can bet. The way she remembers him in CoLW is more about how he was in her souvenirs, and why he became important to her, not how he truly was.

Beside, I do think we'll get some heavy Zerith next game, with probably more than a bone thrown at us at Gongaga. People will put into perspective a lot of how Aerith feels and how, at this moment of the game, she's still very much attached to him and can't move on. It's only when she decides to move on that she dies, after all.

Next game on the LT side we'll probably have something like the resolutions again, but set at Cosmo Canyon. By that time, with the Kalm flashback, the Barret storyline and Gongaga, the different characters will surely want to share something with Cloud again.

Edit: I expect resolutions-like around these, for example:

cosmo-canyon-aerith1.PNG & cosmo-canyon-tifa5.PNG

Barret's would probably be about Dyne and his hometown. If they want to add more (grinding for us lol), they did say they wanted to hint more at Wutai and we'll hear more about it in the next game, so Yuffie could worry there. As for Red XIII of course it'd be about his past.

Last edited:

Phantasia

Pro Adventurer
especially how SE try to avoid the chaos in the latest Valentine day

Dude, I noticed how they put Tifa and Aerith like veeeery far away from Cloud! XD I was going to bring it up here but kinda thought it was off topic (or not worth the discussion). That was definitely intensional, and it had me cackling!

Last edited:

Eerie

Fire and Blood
We can clearly see that Sephiroth x Cloud is the true way and we should all bow down :awesome: (I had already seen it tho, love it!)

eleamaya

Pro Adventurer
I can actually hear jairus screaming in clessie as I read this
Yeah, Cloud x Jessie is not ambiguous but very clear to the face. :awesome:

Dude, I noticed how they put Tifa and Aerith like veeeery far away from Cloud! XD I was going to bring it up here but kinda thought it was off topic (or not worth the discussion). That was definitely intensional, and it had me cackling!

I could only scream why they did that to MY Zack.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Erm, acktually, Tyfer's heart-point is pointed AT CLOD, so this is Sqeer's way of conforming Clot is cannon!!1

Leafonthebreeze

Any/All
AKA
Leaf
On a similar note, The First Soldier has a banner for the 25th anniversary event that's of og graphics Cloud and Aerith, but it's just called "friends".

Feels almost like trolling :monster:

Torrie

astray ay-ay-ay
*throws in her 2 gil*

Zakkura confirmed as they are actually looking AT each other.
...or perhaps Cloud is looking at SOLDIER 1st (CL)ASS :awesome::awesome::awesome:

Ahem, anyway, this discourse will never cease to be hilarous.

S.L.Kerrigan

Pro Adventurer
AKA
molosev
FINAL-FANTASY-VII-REMAKE_20200328225400-e1585918728878.png

If there’s other theories about the meaning of that shot @Roundhouse, I’d be happy to hear them.
ttf9sfwdkol11.jpg
https://www.reddit.com/r/MovieDetai...alien_resurrection_1997_when_call_interfaces/
Text with the picture:
"In Alien Resurrection (1997), when Call interfaces with the mainframe of the USM Auriga to move it towards a crashing course to Earth, two small circular symbols are formed in her eyes, signaling her connection to the ship"

It strikes me because I have a theory about a ship ;)

lyingbanana

Lv. 1 Adventurer
AKA
A banana
Hey guys!

So I have a question. I keep hearing that in Aerith's resolution Cloud actually says: "That's really one sided" instead of "Do I get a say in all this?"

Is that correct?

Eerie

Fire and Blood
If there is a killer phrase, I feel like it might be “even if you think you have, it’s not real”

It's honestly such a great comment on the OG, LT-wise: Cloud MAY think he's fallen for Aerith (through the player who thinks so), BUT it's not real (because he loves Tifa, no matter who the player choses). It also hints that he can or cannot fall for Aerith, because it depends on player's choices (even if you think you have means that there are times where he doesn't think so because he leans more towards Tifa through the player's actions still). It shows that this part was not really the devs' choice in the OG, so this time around, they are setting the story as they want to.

So to me that was basically the line that indicated that the devs wanted to kill the LTD. Yes, we will have more clerith scenes, of course since Aerith is set to fall in love with Cloud, she wouldn't fall for someone who ignores her right? But this time the game will be realistic enough to make the players understand where Cloud's heart is through the Lifestream scene and the Highwind scene.

Top Bottom