SPOILERS LTD Remake — It's like New Coke except ... no, it's exactly like New Coke

Eerie

Fire and Blood
While I like that notion that feels like reaching to me. Not that it feels that way per se, that's personal ofcourse, but I doubt the developers did it with that intention in mind.
I'm quite annoyed myself about them locking certain quests behind other characters.
Yeah it's basically my headcanon lol. I mean she's not the only one who has quests locked behind others, but she's the most flagrant, having, several of them locked behind others, two being at the GS and doable right before that GS date. Literally I had to do the Gold cup to get her in light blue and get her HA date.

Hellenic

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Hellenic
Yeah it's basically my headcanon lol. I mean she's not the only one who has quests locked behind others, but she's the most flagrant, having, several of them locked behind others, two being at the GS and doable right before that GS date. Literally I had to do the Gold cup to get her in light blue and get her HA date.
I see a lot of people who are wanting Tifas date end up getting someone like Red instead, because they don't realize or go out of their way to do the last few Tifa quests that open in chapter 12 and the game does feed Red the most quests through naturally, while going through the areas the first time i feel.

billy22

Pro Adventurer
I see a lot of people who are wanting Tifas date end up getting someone like Red instead, because they don't realize or go out of their way to do the last few Tifa quests that open in chapter 12 and the game does feed Red the most quests through naturally, while going through the areas the first time i feel.

Which is why I took issue with the developers not giving Tifa/Aerith a significant advantage. 95% of players want one of those two dates on their playthrough, not the dog.

Stiggie

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Stiggie
Which is why I took issue with the developers not giving Tifa/Aerith a significant advantage. 95% of players want one of those two dates on their playthrough, not the dog.
I like this actually, makes it harder to make aerith appear more special through association with tifa. If tifa and aerith had had a shared advantage the argument would go: "ofcourse they're equal love interrests, that's why aerith and tifa are specialed out". Right now you can't do that, right now every bond is special, with the point being that not all bonds are the same. Having a date no longer makes one a love interrest.

It never did ofcourse, but how often have we not heard some variation on " it's players choice, you get to go on a date with with either one, as if having a date is somehow the end goal.

Hellenic

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Hellenic
Yeah it's weird in general how unbalanced the quest distribution is. Some areas give doubles for some characters and none for the others and whatnot. Would've preferred if each character got the same amount of quests in each area. Also not locking some behind clearing others.

Ryeleigh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Rye
I just want to add to the date conversation that I'm really glad all characters got a date with Cloud. Considering that even in the OG, you could have a date with Barret and Yuffie, it should've been obvious that the dates are just as much about friendship. Now we just got to have a Zack date in P3. :awesome:

billy22

Pro Adventurer
I like this actually, makes it harder to make aerith appear more special through association with tifa. If tifa and aerith had had a shared advantage the argument would go: "ofcourse they're equal love interrests, that's why aerith and tifa are specialed out". Right now you can't do that
They do that anyway.

The point of the date is what Cloud does, in terms of his affections, as that is the nature of LTD. Not necessarily how these other characters feel about him.

I hope their reactions stay the same. Tifa being embarrassed and Cloud being kinda proud of himself was hilarious and also a realistic representation of the different ways women/men react to certain situations lmao

IMO, I think that part will be removed entirely. The idea that the party watched them bang is 90s humor that just wouldn't fly with today's T-rated standards.

At best, I could see it modified, to where maybe Barret comments the next day that Cloud/Tifa seem a little happier/different than usual and the party gets suspicious that something happened, which causes them to get embarrassed. But there won't be a direct implication that the party saw them fuck.

Last edited:

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
They do that anyway.

The point of the date is what Cloud does, in terms of his affections, as that is the nature of LTD. Not necessarily how these other characters feel about him.

IMO, I think that part will be removed entirely. The idea that the party watched them bang is 90s humor that just wouldn't fly with today's T-rated standards.

At best, I could see it modified, to where maybe Barett comments the next day that Cloud/Tifa seem a little happier/different than usual and the party gets suspicious that something happened, which causes them to get embarrassed. But there won't be a direct implication that the party saw them fuck.
Or they find hay on their clothes and get suspicious.

Oh god, that would make some Cleriths fume really hard.
Zack and Tifa challenge each other to an arm wrestle contest while Aerith and Cloud are their cheerleaders.

Make it happen, Square!

Someonesbunny

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Rabbit
At best, I could see it modified, to where maybe Barett comments the next day that Cloud/Tifa seem a little happier/different than usual and the party gets suspicious that something happened, which causes them to get embarrassed. But there won't be a direct implication that the party saw them fuck.

To be honest, when Remake came out, I was a little worried about the fact that Masato Kato wasn't reprising his writing duties for this since I'm quite sure he was responsible for the Highwind Scene in the OG. IIRC, he's responsible for the love scene in Xenogears which is actually rather tasteful (and somehow, very familiar in execution).

Stiggie

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Stiggie
Yeah it's weird in general how unbalanced the quest distribution is. Some areas give doubles for some characters and none for the others and whatnot. Would've preferred if each character got the same amount of quests in each area. Also not locking some behind clearing others.
When I started I assumed it would be 1 quest PP per zone, easy. So when I started being unable to find quests It felt really weird to me.

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
^Thats not how you spell explode :muhaha:

Meanwhile @billy22 I can see this game being mature enough to get a little spicier while still updating things. In my head it goes ...

Barret: I thought we was all goin' to our doom, why you so cheerful solja boy? You get laid, or somethin?

Barret laughs until he notices Cloud and Tifa blushing furiously and turning away from him.

Barret: Oh... Well I'll say no more then. looks at Tifa, grins Good for you, girl.

Yuffie: funny cheerleaderish dance in the background

Stiggie

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Stiggie

Meanwhile @billy22 I can see this game being mature enough to get a little spicier while still updating things. In my head it goes ...

Barret: I thought we was all goin' to our doom, why you so cheerful solja boy? You get laid, or somethin?

Barret laughs until he notices Cloud and Tifa blushing furiously and turning away from him.

Barret: Oh... Well I'll say no more then. looks at Tifa, grins Good for you, girl.

I don't think there is a world where any guy sleeping with Tifa is "good her" rather than a "good on him" XD

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer

Cloud and Tifa blush, Yuffie sees and starts humming Victory Fanfare.

Empyrea

Pro Adventurer
Zack and Tifa challenge each other to an arm wrestle contest while Aerith and Cloud are their cheerleaders.

Make it happen, Square!
I propose Zack and Tifa challenge each other to a squat contest instead! Cloud and Aerith can still be their cheerleaders :mon:

I would say they'd just straight up have a meltdown.

Top Bottom