SPOILERS LTD Remake — It's like New Coke except ... no, it's exactly like New Coke

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
Don't remind me, please:'(
I definitely think they need to square away exactly what happens to him post-DoC as it is pretty much a big loose thread that was never elaborated on. I know he existed there to set up Crisis Core but now he’s active and we need to resolve it.

ChaosandConfusion

Lv. 25 Adventurer
I expect things to just get ugly on Twitter and other forums. I still think the devs should follow through and not try to avoid it though as one big meltdown all at once is better than flame wars raging on for years.

By the way, have you played Crisis Core yet?
I'm going to be true to my namesake and enjoy the chaos.
Haven't played yet, I'm waiting for finals week to be over so I don't have to rush playing through the game.

Yoru

Pro Adventurer
The problem is that posts on Twitter seem to indicate they think TLS is full of toxic Clotis so they’ll toss out any translation presented to them that originated from here.

Well, I'll be more than happy to make my own judgement if they can present me some raw capture of the official japanese guide. Because strangely, their translation have some weird change of words from time to time :desu:

Yoru

Pro Adventurer
Like... ok I'm being petty here. Sorry in advance.

But the fact that you need to keep digging and bringing up sources that are more than 15/20 years old, badly translated, or omitting whole sections of more current sources for your demonstration to work... I think that says it all.

Let's be serious for a moment. This ship could have been something post 1997 with only OG existing. It died the moment Compilation was real.

nars305

🎵 I am so, so bored 🎶
That feel when you need to use a strategy guide as “proof”. It’s funny how all of their “evidence” comes from ancillary material and nothing that actually occurs.

This is why people want LTD to end. Not for conclusive evidence but just so we don’t so much “stretching.”
This is my favorite thing about the LTD honestly. I feel like I’m one Twitter scroll away from seeing evidence that is a special edition drinking cup set of Cloud and Aerith.

Sacky

Pro Adventurer
AKA
SackyBoy

I came across these predictions. What do you think?

Personally, I see some interesting points, but also some that I hate and find really poor.

I really hope the dev team is convinced in their own vision and don't look too much on the internet lol.
im just gonna say might be controversial. i don't want to see these characters in an afterlife as the ending. I know a lot of people probably like this but i like endings that leave the characters alive that we invested time in and finally let them have the happy life they deserve. But don't show us everything this way people can write their fanfictions and still leave stuff open if they want to continue the universe, whether thats DLC another game or books and stuff. We know they are going to reunite in the afterlife though to be honest, the actual lore of the lifestream isn't as grand as you would think. We don't know why Zack doesn't dissolve, probably something Aerith does. Idk, i guess it fits with the theme, but my personal favourite endings are where they end the story but keep the world living on, even playable in some cases just exploring round and fighting.

LunarTarotGirl

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lunarae
I'm gonna say based on how they used to translate prior to 2009 before Richard Honeywood came up with the idea of inhouse translation department at SE and before translation technology got better.... that "orphanage" translation was probably a typo or misread of a kanji that went unchecked and nothing more when the translator was filling in the fields on the program. Which back then was basically a spreadsheet. Especially if this was a third party project creating it with SE publishing it. They wouldn't be able to crossreference as easily to catch it.

With thousands of pieces of text it's super likely to get mistakes.

And it should just be disregarded anyway since clearly DOC doesn't show that.

SilverSisu

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Zack bro
i don't want to see these characters in an afterlife as the ending.
Same here. Now that we have these alt world shenanigans going on we have the perfect chance to let Zack/Aerith have a happy ending in alternative world or reality and Cloud/Tifa in main world or reality. Main world Zack and Aerith should be in afterlife together.

I'd love to see that.

overheat28

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Overheat
Same here. Now that we have these alt world shenanigans going on we have the perfect chance to let Zack/Aerith have a happy ending in alternative world or reality and Cloud/Tifa in main world or reality. Main world Zack and Aerith should be in afterlife together.

I'd love to see that.

This is what I hope they will do as well. They can recontextualize the lifestream in this way and still setup for AC with minimal changes.

shady

Pro Adventurer

I came across these predictions. What do you think?

Personally, I see some interesting points, but also some that I hate and find really poor.

I really hope the dev team is convinced in their own vision and don't look too much on the internet lol.
Sorry to the guy on Twitter who posted this but this entire ending is straight up trash and you'd be hard pressed to convince me anyone wants this :mon:

LunarTarotGirl

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lunarae
You know what I never see anyone bring up until recently? I saw Cleriths bring it up that Mobius project before Remake (but it wasn't a shipping argument it was to talk about a reference to alternative Lifestream worlds.)
I don't know if it counts as anything or is it's own thing. But it was definitely used to promote the game. Funny enough I rarely see any side even mention its existence.

It's certainly a lot more recent than these old quotes. Same with Before Crisis which is clearly referenced in Remake and now Ever Crisis.

I find that interesting that people are sticking to quotes and even reference other spin offs from like the 2010's (like Dissidia), old commercials from the 90's even to argue but not BC nor these newer ones.

To be clear, I'm not saying we Should use these side games to argue or anything I just find it funny at how the arguments are so repetitive because the same quotes keep getting brought up. More than anything else. It is fascinating to observe.

Edit: Also to add context once a Tifa anti tried to bring up Mobius but I had no clue what she was talking about and rebuffed her lol. She was the only one I ever saw. Maybe because it's not well known. Still surprised about Before Crisis however.

Last edited:

SilverSisu

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Zack bro
This is what I hope they will do as well. They can recontextualize the lifestream in this way and still setup for AC with minimal changes.

Sephiroth's plan was to break the boundaries of fate and shatter the reality so that he could create himself a world where he will never end. Imagine if after all this plotting the outcome would be that Sephiroth gets destroyed and alternative reality Zack and Aerith would get their happy ending together all thanks to Sephiroth. It would be a massive irony bomb.

Sacky

Pro Adventurer
AKA
SackyBoy
People read the whole situation the wrong way.

Rebirth is not the game cucking Zack and making fun of him. It's the game where Zack's love for Aerith knows no limit. Marlene scene is not here to confess Aerith feelings to Cloud. It's here to show how Zack will ALWAYS prioritize Aerith.

"The woman I love may have forgotten me and is loving someone else ? Someone whom life is between my own hands ?" And what Zack is doing the very next scene ? He's going to Hojo to save Cloud. Because he's been told he'll be the one to save Aerith

All of this is just to doubling down on Zack being the PERFECT boyfriend. Because they know how the Cult Clerith talked shit about him. It's the dev telling "See ? That's why everyone loves Zack and why he'll be the perfect match for our flower girl"
People really need to look at Rebirth properly and you can see just how much it sets up Zerith
Aerith herself says i saw Zack in you to Cloud similar to OG but now we have context with how Zack acts and its not that much like Cloud honestly. So its quite sad actually, that Aerith is wishing for Zack so bad she is seeing Cloud as him.
Aerith speaks to Zack's parents, with Tifa then asking if there where any letters. So we know offscreen they have had a conversation about Zack and Aerith has told Tifa about her love for him.
Aerith tells Zack's parents that Zack probably had lots of girls. This isn't actually something Aerith believes; she's in denial about Zack's death and instead of acknowledging it she's coping. Aerith, in crisis core felt Zack's death instead, she's not accepting it.
Aerith also saved Zack since the whispers in the remake showed her specifically the final stand of Zack and she's changed it this might be what Sephiroth wanted.
Aerith and Zack both have the same dialogue, almost word for word, about "the future isn't set in stone"
The Marlene dialogue is about like, then Aerith says there are different types of liking.
Zack ties her ribbon around his hand.
Zack's storyline is all about trying to reunite with Aerith and wake her up
Everytime in this game Zack ends up at the church no matter what including the ending.
The yellow flower petals are always flying by Zack and leading him places.
Cloud mentions that Zack is head over heels for Aerith. Why add this in as dialogue
We get multiple scenes of Zack speaking about Aerith, even describing her to Cloud.
Zack and Aerith touch hands across the lifestream (soulmate stuff)
Aerith admits she still has feelings for Zack
The game shows Zack stroking Aeriths cheek at the start of the game.
Zack even when learning about Aeriths feelings still shows how dedicated he is to Aerith. Though hes probably wondering how comatose Cloud even knows her but is more focused on trying to save her.
In this game it seems couple characters mirror dilagoue (Tifa and Cloud) (Zack and Aerith with hellooo in there)
The date scene cuts between Zack and Cloud doesn't know where Aerith's favourite place is yet show Zack already at the church
They mirror NPTK with Zack also catching the petal and holding it but he lets it go and it leads him forward.
They have made new players root for Zack and built up their reunion to mean so much more than if it was in this game, Now not just crisis core fans but new fans want to see Zack get a reunion, He doesn't really get a win this game so for the next game any win he gets will mean so much more.
Cloud calls Aerith weird we can directly compare this to Zack saying normal is overated Cloud didn't mean to say this but we know what she thinks about being called weird.
Every crisis core reference showing that does exist is canon and will have to resolve the letters and the reunion

Sacky

Pro Adventurer
AKA
SackyBoy
aaaaaaaaand... it's not in the japanese one.

Translated by the lovely people of Shinra Archaeology Department

View attachment 16089
1714085024884.png
This really ends the debate for me. This is how Tifa is described in relation to Cloud. 大切な女性 is used for romantic partners/lovers/life partners, not friends. Other notable FF couples this phrase has been used for are Tidus and Yuna + Zidane and Garnet.
Tifa is referred to as “taisetsu no josei” which means important woman. Aerith is referred to as “taisetsu no hito” same as Zack, which means important person. One is specifically romantic, the other isn’t. And one google of 大切な女性 and all you’d see is topic about romance. Since there’s only 2 (3) kind of 大切な女性 母 mother, 姉妹 (sisters rarely used for this) And the one you love, as a female. You don’t use it for friends - This is confirmed by a native Japanese person.

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
View attachment 16091
This really ends the debate for me. This is how Tifa is described in relation to Cloud. 大切な女性 is used for romantic partners/lovers/life partners, not friends. Other notable FF couples this phrase has been used for are Tidus and Yuna + Zidane and Garnet.
Tifa is referred to as “taisetsu no josei” which means important woman. Aerith is referred to as “taisetsu no hito” same as Zack, which means important person. One is specifically romantic, the other isn’t. And one google of 大切な女性 and all you’d see is topic about romance. Since there’s only 2 (3) kind of 大切な女性 母 mother, 姉妹 (sisters rarely used for this) And the one you love, as a female. You don’t use it for friends - This is confirmed by a native Japanese person.
Well, obviously Cloud sees Tifa as his mother. Duh. /s

Sacky

Pro Adventurer
AKA
SackyBoy
You know what I never see anyone bring up until recently? I saw Cleriths bring it up that Mobius project before Remake (but it wasn't a shipping argument it was to talk about a reference to alternative Lifestream worlds.)
I don't know if it counts as anything or is it's own thing. But it was definitely used to promote the game. Funny enough I rarely see any side even mention its existence.

It's certainly a lot more recent than these old quotes. Same with Before Crisis which is clearly referenced in Remake and now Ever Crisis.

I find that interesting that people are sticking to quotes and even reference other spin offs from like the 2010's (like Dissidia), old commercials from the 90's even to argue but not BC nor these newer ones.

To be clear, I'm not saying we Should use these side games to argue or anything I just find it funny at how the arguments are so repetitive because the same quotes keep getting brought up. More than anything else. It is fascinating to observe.

Edit: Also to add context once a Tifa anti tried to bring up Mobius but I had no clue what she was talking about and rebuffed her lol. She was the only one I ever saw. Maybe because it's not well known. Still surprised about Before Crisis however.
I recently saw the wedding mobile flip phone game one used and then it turns out the wedding picture was fake. So im expecting the mobius project is next XD

LunarTarotGirl

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lunarae
View attachment 16091
Yeah basically this and that's why I post ACC stopped trying to argue against CT canon. It's right there. No matter what people think came before there has been so much evidence that the devs picked a lane. And Remake and Rebirth just convinced me more of that.

Of course though these materials weren't as readily available to everyone. Stuff still doesn't get translated that quickly if you notice even now. So only people actively in the LTD would be aware of quotes like these.

The rest argue with the easier to get stuff like novel pages and screenshots.

That might be the issue. But now we can see ReTrilogy addressing the compilation as a whole.

Top Bottom