SPOILERS LTD Remake — It's like New Coke except ... no, it's exactly like New Coke

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
I think this has been known for awhile? At least it's definitely been suspected that "words interrupted by fireworks" was written about the date where words were, in fact, interrupted by the fireworks.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
I think this has been known for awhile? At least it's definitely been suspected that "words interrupted by fireworks" was written about the date where words were, in fact, interrupted by the fireworks.
I remember that being used by CTs in LTD, but here Uematsu admitted writing it based on the CT date. I hadn't heard about it xD

Maidenofwar

They/Them
Yeah, but the other staff and workers including Uematsu also said NPTK was a love song and about Cloud and Aerith's relationship, even liking tweet that said that, so I think Nojima is more word, I concede to Nojima when he weighed in on NPTK, the others before that.

Also the only date that has words drowned/muted by Fireworks in Rebirth is CA.

Sacky

Pro Adventurer
AKA
SackyBoy
it also plays during mideel when Tifa finds Cloud in OG so i thought this was just known?

eleamaya

Pro Adventurer
There's no lyrics on "Words Interrupted by Fireworks"
Uematsu compose music score/BGM inspired by the script he read about specific scene or character
i.e I'm sure many people think FF7AC OST titled "Cloud's Smile" is about the moment he smiles to Zack & Aerith, but Uematsu said he composed that based on Cloud's shy smile on Tifa
People also think "Aerith's Theme" created for Aerith's death scene, and although it's played there, originally Uematsu wanted to compose different song if only he knew Aerith would die

Stiggie

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Stiggie
Funnily enough. I like the one of the right better.

I wonder what that says about me.

Wait… aren’t they sisters too? Doesn’t that make this even more fucked up. Especially for their kid, as their aunt is their stepmother I guess?

Jeez, what is this fuckery?
Just remember, it can always be worse
1715376250520.png

Stiggie

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Stiggie
I have a morbid curiosity. What happened with that one? Never heard of it.
This is probably the most infamous example of a manga going wtf wrong at the end, moreso even than Domestic girlfriend.

Its the cute story of how a dude decides to adopt the illigitimate hated daughter of his grandfather or something. (It's been a while since I've read it) and how they help each other grow as people. Guy has a nice romance with some teacher. Then there is a timeskip at some point after which the girl is a teenager and also dating some dude, but then suddenly she gets a crush on her stepdad, and while I believe he initially rejects her advancements the story ends with them together. This one is extra hated because before the heel turn this manga was seen as an incredibly wholesome story about parenthood and the like

This is a good video about it

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
This is probably the most infamous example of a manga going wtf wrong at the end, moreso even than Domestic girlfriend.

Its the cute story of how a dude decides to adopt the daughter of a dead friend or something (It's been a while since I've read it) and how they help each other grow as people. Guy has a nice romance with some teacher. Then there is a timeskip at some point after which the girl is a teenager and also dating some dude, but then suddenly she gets a crush on her stepdad, and while I believe he initially rejects her advancements the story ends with them together. This one is extra hated because before the heel turn this manga was seen as an incredibly wholesome story about parenthood and the like

IMG_0149.png

Maidenofwar

They/Them
Something else that came up today, is the thing about Zack saying he had several girlfriends that could hide him is floating around again from the OG JP version and CCCG, ZA need a scene where they clear up these misunderstandings together.

Lex

Administrator
Get the conversation back on track please folks, a friendly reminder that this particular section is a little more strict than the rest of the board so try to keep meme'ing and off-topic discussion to an absolute minimum. This is obviously not referring to the few posts immediately prior to mine :monster:

Please and thank you :monster:

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
Something else that came up today, is the thing about Zack saying he had several girlfriends that could hide him is floating around again from the OG JP version and CCCG, ZA need a scene where they clear up these misunderstandings together.
Yeah, I’m pretty sure that’s been retconned for the most part. I think the current Zack depiction is that he’s basically got the rizz with women… but that despite that he’s still a one-woman man for Aerith.

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
After all this time it did not occur to me what Japanese fans call the ship. I guess it’s クラテイ? But is that really Clatty or is it supposed to be Cloti transformed through the famous katakana loan word funhouse mirror?
Clatty is still better than Clifa.

Yoru

Pro Adventurer
Yeah, I’m pretty sure that’s been retconned for the most part. I think the current Zack depiction is that he’s basically got the rizz with women… but that despite that he’s still a one-woman man for Aerith.

I may not have the best of memories and may have to check again, but personally I always understood it as : Zack got the rizz, but the moment he met Aerith everything changed.

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
I may not have the best of memories and may have to check again, but personally I always understood it as : Zack got the rizz, but the moment he met Aerith everything changed.
Yeah, basically this. He was really good at talking to women and going on dates and whatever, but Aerith was the first time he ever felt serious about a romance.

Rin

Pro Adventurer
I don't think there's anything for them to discuss here because Zack doesn't have multiple girlfriends. Aerith doesn't actually believe that he does either, she's just deflecting. Plus, Zack doesn't tell Cloud he has multiple girlfriends in Crisis Core, which overrides what he says in the OG.

Top Bottom