SPOILERS LTD Remake — It's like New Coke except ... no, it's exactly like New Coke

Sacky

Pro Adventurer
AKA
SackyBoy
1718971638115.png

Some people really need humbling in part 3 and to get rid of an ego thinking they are the only smart people to grasp the hidden meaning in each scene XD
1718971691899.png
They really are so shipper brained that they think a friend comforting someone crying would be called a one night mistake equivalent to a last stand?

Xannis

Rookie Adventurer
View attachment 17115

Some people really need humbling in part 3 and to get rid of an ego thinking they are the only smart people to grasp the hidden meaning in each scene XD
View attachment 17116
They really are so shipper brained that they think a friend comforting someone crying would be called a one night mistake equivalent to a last stand?

Just curious what part of Reddit that is on. I'm pretty active over there and hadn't seen that one.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
View attachment 17115

On the one hand, it's sort of hilarious that the side that doesn't grasp that switching over to Zack while Aerith is considering her feelings for Cloud is telling us about those feelings, but also that their official position is "Ignore the text, there's -special subtext-" is now the quiet part out loud.

View attachment 17116
Isn't Midnight Mistake when you get wrapped up in the moment and jump the relationship? The trope isn't something you necessarily regret, it's more like doing something you didn't mean to. Like the trope of waking up in bed next to your crush and not remembering how you got there.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Isn't Midnight Mistake when you get wrapped up in the moment and jump the relationship? The trope isn't something you necessarily regret, it's more like doing something you didn't mean to. Like the trope of waking up in bed next to your crush and not remembering how you got there.
UltiPlus2_TurquoiseHammer.png

Translated by TurquoiseHammer (it's the Ultimania Plus, the one where they described the scenes). This is why it's called a mistake, it's because Cloud is feeling satisfied (and yes the Japanese text implies a sort of sexual pleasure, the "oops I did it too early" kind of). Cloud is taking too much pleasure in consoling Tifa and be her hero. That's why it's a midnight mistake.

But yeah I wonder why people see this scene as romantic when it's described like a peak romance book. Yeah I really wonder why lol.

pxl_pushr

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pixel
View attachment 17115

View attachment 17116
I’m just keeping some of the more antagonistic ones I’ve seen because I can already smell that when part 3 drops, half these types will switch and claim “they always knew it was going to end with Cloud and Tifa lul”

People trying to follow along for the first time and coming to whichever conclusion is part of the narrative so I have mercy on them. Call me an idiot however…

But yeah, consoling a friend is the “mistake” and not oh I dunno hugging her too hard so she says you’re hurting her? Cloud “not interested” Strife hugs someone too hard? I wonder what that hints at.

ViolaaFox

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Viola A. Fox
View attachment 17115

View attachment 17116
Is this from the Clerith subreddit or the actual FFVII one? Because it's even more obvious in the remake that the story is developing Cloti.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
I’m just keeping some of the more antagonistic ones I’ve seen because I can already smell that when part 3 drops, half these types will switch and claim “they always knew it was going to end with Cloud and Tifa lul”

People trying to follow along for the first time and coming to whichever conclusion is part of the narrative so I have mercy on them. Call me an idiot however…

But yeah, consoling a friend is the “mistake” and not oh I dunno hugging her too hard so she says you’re hurting her? Cloud “not interested” Strife hugs someone too hard? I wonder what that hints at.
I've seen several of them try and say this section indicates he doesn't have feelings for Tifa because "more than feelings for Tifa" MUST mean he doesn't have feelings for her, not that his adolescent desire to be a cool guy for her overwhelms him for a bit.

Also I guarantee the Part 3 cope is going to be a "they capitulated to the Clotis" narrative, with some "OPTIONAL" even if it's not and a hefty helping of "Only the ORIGINAL GAME"

Oh, and as always, "Clerith is canon in Japan" lie.

pxl_pushr

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pixel
I've seen several of them try and say this section indicates he doesn't have feelings for Tifa because "more than feelings for Tifa" MUST mean he doesn't have feelings for her, not that his adolescent desire to be a cool guy for her overwhelms him for a bit.

Also I guarantee the Part 3 cope is going to be a "they capitulated to the Clotis" narrative, with some "OPTIONAL" even if it's not and a hefty helping of "Only the ORIGINAL GAME"

Oh, and as always, "Clerith is canon in Japan" lie.
Regardless of whatever part 3 does, social channels are going to be wild. Not really looking forward to that…

Sacky

Pro Adventurer
AKA
SackyBoy
Just curious what part of Reddit that is on. I'm pretty active over there and hadn't seen that one.
It's the Cleriths one but it was because the person who said this came over and wrote stuff onto my post on the Cloti Reddit with me discussing how Clerith ending can't work. Then I check their comments and they post stuff like this everyday? So like a bit scummy to come onto the Cloti Reddit when you can't even correct misinformation on theirs or discuss anything without getting banned if it doesn't apply to clerith. Like a legit echo chamber

nars305

🎵 I am so, so bored 🎶
View attachment 17115

View attachment 17116
It’s very Twilight Zone-esque when I read stuff like this. Why grasp a hidden meaning when it’s so in your face?

I feel bad to say it’s delusional but it just is. That or I’d be more understanding if they are people who just do not play the entire game/know the full story. Like they are just fans of reading about it from other peoples opinions. Which is another thing I don’t understand but I just have to make it make sense.

pxl_pushr

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pixel
It’s very Twilight Zone-esque when I read stuff like this. Why grasp a hidden meaning when it’s so in your face?

I feel bad to say it’s delusional but it just is. That or I’d be more understanding if they are people who just do not play the entire game/know the full story. Like they are just fans of reading about it from other peoples opinions. Which is another thing I don’t understand but I just have to make it make sense.
I’ve just come to the conclusion that some people don’t treat scenes as part of a whole story and instead as isolated moments. I always ask myself if an observation is narratively consistent with other parts/aspects of the story. If it creates a contradiction or makes a character look scummy, then I’m likely incorrect or I have more thinking to do.

That and they can’t wrap their head around these characters not having the same level of meta knowledge as the player, even if the game seems to sometimes wink at the possibility that it knows you know.

Sacky

Pro Adventurer
AKA
SackyBoy
I’ve just come to the conclusion that some people don’t treat scenes as part of a whole story and instead as isolated moments. I always ask myself if an observation is narratively consistent with other parts/aspects of the story. If it creates a contradiction or makes a character look scummy, then I’m likely incorrect or I have more thinking to do.

That and they can’t wrap their head around these characters not having the same level of meta knowledge as the player, even if the game seems to sometimes wink at the possibility that it knows you know.
They legit think there is one intended playthrough that you can only achieve if you only favour Aerith in the whole game and that all other playthroughs are wrong and out of character, and you are punished for picking those ones. I have to ask how disrespectful to developers and writer's are they?

pxl_pushr

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pixel
They legit think there is one intended playthrough that you can only achieve if you only favour Aerith in the whole game and that all other playthroughs are wrong and out of character, and you are punished for picking those ones. I have to ask how disrespectful to developers and writer's are they?
Yeah, imo it’s closer to canon to do everything and that’s why they tell you to watch all the dates because there’s important characterization with all of them right before things go downhill fast at the ToA to the end of Rebirth.

It must have been a little weird for them with the GS dates. In the OG, they really don’t matter that much, with Aerith and Tifa’s both having the same general idea at base: said girl is aware that Cloud’s not himself, and they try to reach out in their own way. However, a remake is going to have people hyper focus on them and less so on the context of them.

Developer insights into Rebirth are going to be way more interesting than Remake, I suspect. Many more interesting decisions sprinkled throughout

nars305

🎵 I am so, so bored 🎶
I’ve just come to the conclusion that some people don’t treat scenes as part of a whole story and instead as isolated moments.
This is exactly how I treat the story entirely. Even if it’s regarding Cloud and Tifa, I don’t care about isolated moments. There is a story being told, a whole narrative, and it just so happens that a major and very important part of that is the feelings Cloud and Tifa share.
Which is interesting because if you favor Aerith and do her side quests, then yes, you have that option to create something for yourself there. However in the concrete story you can’t change Sephiroth’s fixation on Tifa, Gongaga, or the dream at the end. Which Gongaga reveals things for both CT and ZA, and I’d argue the final date reveals things for ZA as well.

But even as I say that, that’s not really the matter anyway, because of certain obtuse interpretations.

pxl_pushr

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pixel
I disagree. Tifa was trying to confess there. And it shows in Rebirth.
That’s what’s telling to me in Rebirth, to your point. In the original, I could see it going towards a confession or her trying to gently bring up his mental state. When it came time for a remake however…

Tifa bringing his “degradation” gets canonized into a brand new segment with Cloud being the one to open up about it. As a result, her GS Date is locked in as an overt romantic moment.

Tifa gets a dynamic change, Aerith gets more strong ties to Zack. The simplest answer for all of these story decisions: CT and ZA are endgame.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
That’s what’s telling to me in Rebirth, to your point. In the original, I could see it going towards a confession or her trying to gently bring up his mental state. When it came time for a remake however…

Tifa bringing his “degradation” gets canonized into a brand new segment with Cloud being the one to open up about it. As a result, her GS Date is locked in as an overt romantic moment.

Tifa gets a dynamic change, Aerith gets more strong ties to Zack. The simplest answer for all of these story decisions: CT and ZA are endgame.
People often forget it, but Tifa brings her doubts about his true identity to Cloud in Cosmo Canyon:
cosmo-canyon-tifa3.PNGcosmo-canyon-tifa4.PNGcosmo-canyon-tifa5.PNG

So her LS scene was always the most romance-coloured one - which, is still is. It was a confession she was meaning to do, but couldn't in the end.

abzy1200

Pro Adventurer
Wouldn’t be shocked if this thread ends with Merle actually going and finding Leslie since that seems to be the theme of those being guided by the reunion flower ( it starts with one person pursuing and fighting to return and ends with the other party having to go where they are instead in an interesting role reversal )
What I think might be interesting is if Tifa meets Merle while she's party leader in part 3 while she's looking for Cloud and Merle is looking for Leslie.

I mean, how? Leslie doesn't know Aerith nor Zack, but he does know Cloud and Tifa. It's them who help him out, and... it's them who have the strongest reunion theme.
The idea of a guy hellbent on reuniting with his love just feels Zerith-y I guess. And did Leslie not meet Aerith in wall market or am I remembering wrong?

Eerie

Fire and Blood
The idea of a guy hellbent on reuniting with his love just feels Zerith-y I guess. And did Leslie not meet Aerith in wall market or am I remembering wrong?
True he did but his quests never involved her.

And again, the reunion theme is so strongly CT coded that it's in their promise and Tifa's theme. It was also in the LS scene "we finally meet again"), it's in Remake with Tifa's rug, it's with the yellow flower in chapter 1 of Rebirth when Cloud narrates the flashback (in the inn and in front of Tifa's house), etc.

Yes with Zack is's very visible but there's nothing tying them, the big reunion is the climax of the game, it's the LS scene between Cloud and Tifa.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
I see the twitter Clerii are back on their "CT isn't a relationship, okay it's a failed relationship, okay it's a...." cope train again.

The arguments don't even change. They just repeat the same debunked claims over and over.

Remember, the "your room?" That's Cloud's OFFICE. Where he does WORK.

pxl_pushr

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pixel
I see the twitter Clerii are back on their "CT isn't a relationship, okay it's a failed relationship, okay it's a...." cope train again.

The arguments don't even change. They just repeat the same debunked claims over and over.

I mean, unless Part 3 goes mask off and shows them clearly happy together in the future, they’ll just default to ACC talking points.

Also, you don’t get bedroom eyes if your relationship isn’t about to have an upswing

abzy1200

Pro Adventurer

They really just spin a wheel and decide what they're going to whine about that day based on it, don't they?

Also, you don’t get bedroom eyes if your relationship isn’t about to have an upswing
And you don't tell people you're a family if you aren't one.

ViolaaFox

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Viola A. Fox
That sound's pretty much how many otome games and Visual Novels work. Just that you have to absolutely play through all routes (in most cases) to unlock the true route. A pretty interesting concept which isn't even part of FFVII though. So I don't understand why some people pretend that is was implemented in the game.

There are parts in FFVII that could be inspired by these genres but even so it never effects the main story.

They must be running out of arguments, haha.

Top Bottom