SPOILERS LTD Remake — It's like New Coke except ... no, it's exactly like New Coke

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
I'm actually curious about the mechanical breakdown of the sidequests and the value they add to the AV. I know I didn't do all the sidequests perfectly the first time around and didn't do the Maru quest until after the date, but I still got Tifa's date, and I was trying to max out everyone's affinity (Barret was my lowest, I think, at 85%)

I know the discussion answers are worth between 1 and 3 points, IIRC, because I am 2 points away from 100% on Tifa and I'm about as many points shy from maxing out her dialogue options. I know the Beach fight option is almost certainly 5 or less points worth of "affinity" because I haven't gone back for Aerith's version of that fight and I think that's how many points away from max she is.
Yeah, I'm curious about it too. Moreover, I would actually like to know what doing EVERYTHING results in but I guess the beachwear and the beach fight are the tiebreakers in any case. (much like who Cloud talks to first in the sewers in Remake)

pxl_pushr

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pixel
The fact that you (the player) needs to do other character's sidequest to unlock Tifa's, make earning that kiss even more rewarding.
This right here is why I say it’s much more plausible to assume the “canon” of the story is that all sidequests got done and all affinity was maxed out by the end.

Part 3 will be written with that mentality without going into too much detail about the rebirth sidequests.

That all sounded like an attempt to revive the argument about the affinity scores in OG, and it’s just as silly imo.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
I mean, isn't it Cali who made this?

Margot actually.

Thank you for the correction. In my defense, they're both self X Cloud shippers and have similar PFPs. I hear Margot used to "be" a CT but switched sides over a disagreement. Does anyone know what that was about or what she was up to before switching sides? Was she just as annoying beforehand?

Yeah, I'm curious about it too. Moreover, I would actually like to know what doing EVERYTHING results in but I guess the beachwear and the beach fight are the tiebreakers in any case. (much like who Cloud talks to first in the sewers in Remake)

In the even of an absolute 100% across the board tie it's whoever is closer to Cloud in your party roster.
In a single playthrough, though, there are two make or break points. The Beach Battle and the Corel cart route.
Even then I THINK that only narrows it down to T or A, Y or B, and Red XIII

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
Thank you for the correction. In my defense, they're both self X Cloud shippers and have similar PFPs. I hear Margot used to "be" a CT but switched sides over a disagreement. Does anyone know what that was about or what she was up to before switching sides? Was she just as annoying beforehand?

In the even of an absolute 100% across the board tie it's whoever is closer to Cloud in your party roster.
In a single playthrough, though, there are two make or break points. The Beach Battle and the Corel cart route.
Even then I THINK that only narrows it down to T or A, Y or B, and Red XIII
Not sure why she switched but I do know she believes that Tifa treats Cloud really badly... and so she doesn't deserve him or something like that. Stuff like how she treats him as a kid, and the stuff in the CoT, and probably how she yells at him in AC. (I suppose it will never matter that her actions during their childhood being bad have been debunked by more accurate translations and ToTP.)

Which I gotta say, if you're in a relationship and your partner acts the way Cloud did, then it is absolutely okay to call him out on it. Because otherwise, this essentially implies that Tifa should just lie down and accept Cloud's behavior. Not to mention, I think Aerith would be just as frustrated with him in the same scenario. But I guess they feel Cloud wouldn't behave that way if he was with Aerith.

As far as the points stuff, Red XIII also gets points with Tifa during the beach fight I think. So I guess what I really want to know is the exact point value each character can get and how to get them, and what decisions exclude getting them because choosing Aerith and Barret I think would mean that you've also lost out on potential Red points.

Last edited:

abzy1200

Pro Adventurer
Which I gotta say, if you're in a relationship and your partner acts the way Cloud did, then it is absolutely okay to call him out on it. Because otherwise, this essentially implies that Tifa should just lie down and accept Cloud's behavior. Not to mention, I think Aerith would be just as frustrated with him in the same scenario.
People arguing this scene in bad faith against Tifa only tells me that said person is a massive dumbass. If Tifa really didn't care about Cloud, or straight up didn't like him, she would just leave him do what he wanted to; rot away.

Just take someone who's your friend, for example. Anybody who genuinely cares about their friend wouldn't just let them end things.

Last edited:

Reaper3Delta

Lv. 25 Adventurer
People arguing this scene in bad faith against Tifa only tells me that said person is a massive dumbass. If Tifa really didn't care about Cloud, she would just leave him do what he wanted to; rot away.

Just take someone who's your friend, for example. Anybody who genuinely cares about their friend wouldn't just let them end things.
Yes, Tifa had to show some 'Tough Love' to Cloud for him to react. When he tells Tifa "I lost some weight, maybe all that Dilly Dally" confirms Tifa was right. Even Aerith repeating Dilli Dalli Shilly Shally confirms Tifa's.

Reaper3Delta

Lv. 25 Adventurer
Not sure why she switched but I do know she believes that Tifa treats Cloud really badly... and so she doesn't deserve him or something like that. Stuff like how she treats him as a kid, and the stuff in the CoT, and probably how she yells at him in AC. (I suppose it will never matter that her actions during their childhood being bad have been debunked by more accurate translations and ToTP.)
For what I have read about her so far, She self-inserts in a relationship with Cloud, maybe back when she was "Cloti" she was the same way, extremist and toxic on both sides.

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
Yes, Tifa had to show some 'Tough Love' to Cloud for him to react. When he tells Tifa "I lost some weight, maybe all that Dilly Dally" confirms Tifa was right. Even Aerith repeating Dilli Dalli Shilly Shally confirms Tifa's.

For what I have read about her so far, She self-inserts in a relationship with Cloud, maybe back when she was "Cloti" she was the same way, extremist and toxic on both sides.
In any case, I just think people treat Tifa in CoT and ACC with bad faith. I also think it's quite interesting and strange that they believe relationships should always be sunshine and rainbows and that there is no struggle once two people become a couple. Do they believe Cloud and Aerith would be in perpetual honeymoon-phase? I doubt it, especially since Nomura (or was it Nojima) indicated she would basically have to do all the work in the relationship and coax Cloud to reciprocate. (In fact, that's basically how it works in Remake Trilogy so far)

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
I mean, his mom nailed it, Cloud needs someone mature who will tell him when he’s being a dumbass er a “silly goose”.
Well, she was talking about Aerith.

You know, I still sorta subscribe to it being a reference to Aerith since she says "older woman" in the OG. But I think a lot of CAs treat it as fact so no matter what, Claudia is referring to someone like Aerith in their eyes.

Let's be honest, they probably would be okay with Aerith calling Cloud out for his behavior. Just not Tifa.

abzy1200

Pro Adventurer
You know, I still sorta subscribe to it being a reference to Aerith since she says "older woman" in the OG. But I think a lot of CAs treat it as fact so no matter what, Claudia is referring to someone like Aerith in their eyes.
So, I'm pretty sure that's not entirely accurate. What Claudia says is "like an older sister" (chotto onee-san, I think). I think it's the same in the jp version of the original? can't really confirm that though.

I don't want to be that guy, but from what I've heard, obviously cannot confirm this because I'm not Japanese, older sisters are seen as responsible, that's what Claudia is referring to, someone who's responsible and can take care of him, the english just hyperfocuses on the "older" part, but the person's age isn't really what's relevant here.

I can't subscribe to Aerith being the one hinted at here by Claudia, especially not after, just a few days before this scene chronologically, Tifa told Claudia ambitions Cloud has that he didn't tell his mother. From her reaction, I think it's obvious she came to a conclusion in her head about Cloud and his motivations.

Reaper3Delta

Lv. 25 Adventurer
So, I'm pretty sure that's not entirely accurate. What Claudia says is "like an older sister" (chotto onee-san, I think). I think it's the same in the jp version of the original? can't really confirm that though.

I don't want to be that guy, but from what I've heard, obviously cannot confirm this because I'm not Japanese, older sisters are seen as responsible, that's what Claudia is referring to, someone who's responsible and can take care of him, the english just hyperfocuses on the "older" part, but the person's age isn't really what's relevant here.

I can't subscribe to Aerith being the one hinted at here by Claudia, especially not after, just a few days before this scene chronologically, Tifa told Claudia ambitions Cloud has that he didn't tell his mother. From her reaction, I think it's obvious she came to a conclusion in her head about Cloud and his motivations.
Claudia's reaction to Tifa: Oh my...Oh my... lol! yeah def hinting Aerith.
Anywho looks like a fan theorist shot himself in the foot with an Aerith's death insertion on the LSS theory.

Nancy

Pro Adventurer
My coworker sent me this and I burst out laughing lmfao

CA really love making themselves look stupid going on and on about Hollow and NTPK and 'change my mind' when they wouldn't work when she already wrote 'I will die on this hill' 🤣

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240725_175241_X.jpg
    Screenshot_20240725_175241_X.jpg
    301 KB · Views: 30

pxl_pushr

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pixel
Claudia's reaction to Tifa: Oh my...Oh my... lol! yeah def hinting Aerith.
Anywho looks like a fan theorist shot himself in the foot with an Aerith's death insertion on the LSS theory.
Yeah, it seems to be a popular one to throw in there. I get the logic but I’m not subscribing to it.

I do think it’ll be more of a gameplay section than a long info dump ( for example, I think you’ll fight beside a memory of false Cloud/Zack in the Nibelheim Incident section, but Tifa still leads the show ).

I can see why people think Aerith’s death will get shown though. SE obviously have something up their sleeve in terms of experimenting with showing her death scene and water burial.

Shadowstorm

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Yen
My best guess is they'll show the death itself as part of Sephiroth fucking with Cloud in Northern Crater, and the water burial later on when they go back to the Forgotten Capital.

I kinda got the feeling one of the reasons they added Cloud being in denial over Aerith's death was to make sure he still had some kind of arc after he becomes his true self again. That way they can justify having the Lifestream sequence fairly early in the game (so the main character isn't out of commission for half the story lol) without the issue of his internal conflict being fully resolved with that much game still left. Putting that resolution in the Lifestream sequence just puts you back to square one while the Forgotten Capital is very close to the end and pretty uneventful in the original

Eerie

Fire and Blood
As I said yesterday, IIRC, there are three Lifestream hints between Remake and Rebirth and they’re all CT scenes. So I really wonder how they expect the Lifestream scene in p3 to be anything but a CT scene 🙃

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
As I said yesterday, IIRC, there are three Lifestream hints between Remake and Rebirth and they’re all CT scenes. So I really wonder how they expect the Lifestream scene in p3 to be anything but a CT scene 🙃
Honestly, they don't expect it. They know it's a Tifa scene, but they want it for Aerith because they feel entitled to it. Same with wanting to change the highwind scene (IIRC, there was some sort of peitioning the devs about that. Anyone got a screencap?)

Eerie

Fire and Blood
There are a lot of theorybros who believe that we’ll see Aerith’s death in the LS though, and that’s so missing the point completely about the LS, so I’m always in my corner, wondering why they insist on making a romance and truth scene into something else. The Lifestream scene is hugely hinted at twice in Rebirth, in Gongaga and Tifa’s trial, and they’re all writing those scenes off because they can’t imagine Aerith’s death scene couldn’t be part of the climax.

Btw for Tifa’s trial, you guys should check this, it’s brilliant:

Ryeleigh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Rye
You know, even though I see Aerith and Cloud's dynamic as similar to an anime older sister and long-suffering little brother, I also see Aerith as child-like. Not childish but it's just like the way she carries herself, the way she talks, etc that makes me think that she's supposed to typify innocence.

As for the Claudia flashback itself, I think it's really telling that when Cloud wakes up, he immediately wants to get back to Tifa, lol.

Edit: Fixed Claudia's name, lol.

Last edited:

Empyrea

Pro Adventurer
You know, even though I see Aerith and Cloud's dynamic as similar to an anime older sister and long-suffering little brother, I also see Aerith as child-like. Not childish but it's just like the way she carries herself, the way she talks, etc that makes me think that she's supposed to typify innocence.

As for the Claudie flashback itself, I think it's really telling that when Cloud wakes up, he immediately wants to get back to Tifa, lol.
delurking for a moment

I see it as Cloud and Aerith both having the younger sibling energy -- one wants to be indulged while the other pretends to be so above it all. No incarnation of Aerith ever struck me as the older-sister figure, cause as you said, she's very child-like.

Sacky

Pro Adventurer
AKA
SackyBoy

Funny enough she was arguing on twitter back in the day against cleriths about Cloti being canon since she had all the books and ultimanias. Then in a Facebook's group chat got into personal drama with some clotis and then went rogue and now toxic CA look up to her but really it's just a borderline obsession with Cloud as a character it's quite creepy

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
There are a lot of theorybros who believe that we’ll see Aerith’s death in the LS though, and that’s so missing the point completely about the LS, so I’m always in my corner, wondering why they insist on making a romance and truth scene into something else. The Lifestream scene is hugely hinted at twice in Rebirth, in Gongaga and Tifa’s trial, and they’re all writing those scenes off because they can’t imagine Aerith’s death scene couldn’t be part of the climax.

Btw for Tifa’s trial, you guys should check this, it’s brilliant:

I think it’s lost on people who specific it is to just Cloud and Tifa. But I think the devs are aware of this and I doubt they’ll throw more characters in. They might change it up a bit or add more gameplay to it, but I’m 90% sure it’s just gonna be Cloud and Tifa.

Top Bottom