SPOILERS LTD Remake — It's like New Coke except ... no, it's exactly like New Coke

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
Honestly, they don't expect it. They know it's a Tifa scene, but they want it for Aerith because they feel entitled to it. Same with wanting to change the highwind scene (IIRC, there was some sort of peitioning the devs about that. Anyone got a screencap?)
I’m gonna actually be nice and say that some of the people theorizing it don’t quite understand how central it is to Tifa and Cloud specifically in the OG. I think I saw some popular FF YouTubers have it too… which makes me doubt their FF cred lol

Shadowstorm

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Yen
I think maybe part of it is that they, understandably, try to be above ship wars, and as part of that end up brushing the romance aside as unimportant alltogether. Which obviously just kneecaps their ability to understand the story since romance is in fact a central part of Cloud's character arc.

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
I think maybe part of it is that they, understandably, try to be above ship wars, and as part of that end up brushing the romance aside as unimportant alltogether. Which obviously just kneecaps their ability to understand the story since romance is in fact a central part of Cloud's character arc.
Yeah, while I agree that it’s not at the forefront like FFVIII and FFX, the romance aspect of the story is still important. At least more important than some claim it is.

It’s also why the LTD needs to end. As soon as we stop fighting over what’s canon, we can actually talk about how it works in service to the overall plot.

Last edited:

Shadowstorm

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Yen
Yeah, while I agree that it’s not at the forefront like FFVIII and FFX, the romance aspect of the story is still important. At least more important than some claim it is.

It’s also why the LTD needs to end. As soon as we stop fighting over what’s canon, we can actually talk about how it works in service to the overall plot.
Honestly! Like why are we arguing about which girl is the love interest when we could be talking about what the romantic subplot does for the story and its' themes? It's like we have to have a debate just to establish what the text we're discussing even is.

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
Honestly! Like why are we arguing about which girl is the love interest when we could be talking about what the romantic subplot does for the story and its' themes? It's like we have to have a debate just to establish what the text we're discussing even is.
That's my issue actually. I feel like mentioning the LS sequence and Cloud and Tifa's importance to each other derails any discussion into shipping discourse, even if the intent was to talk about what it means in service to the plot.

Because of the LTD, it's almost like you can't mention it. But then it basically makes it hard to discuss why that relationship is so important.

Shadowstorm

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Yen
Exactly! It even hurts the discussion of things outside of that scene and that relationship in particular. I have lots of thoughts about what might happen in part 3 but it's hard to talk about them because I feel like I have to avoid acknowledging the romance even exists in vicinity of it in order to not be saying anything controversial.

For example: One of the things I'm most curious about going forward is Yuffie's arc! She didn't have much of one in the OG and I think they've set something really interesting up with Wutai also hunting for the Magnus Materia. In Nibelheim they included her trying to urge Cloud and Tifa(and by extension the group) to join her side, clearly showing that she has conflicting loyalties now and doesn't want to have to choose. I think, to replace the pick-pocketing plotline from the OG, she's gonna be placed in a position where she has to choose between helping Wutai and helping Avalanche get the Materia and I think Aerith being dead, Cloud being comatose, and Tifa staying behind with Cloud might have destablized the group enough for her to choose Wutai

But in order to talk about that I have to assume A. Aerith is in fact dead. B. Tifa will stay behind to take care of Cloud rather than sticking with the team, and C. Restoring Cloud's mind isn't gonna be some kind of group project, and all of those things are hot takes apparently

Xombii

Rookie Adventurer
AKA
Zombinushka
I find it wild that the theory bros seem desperate to shove literally everything into the lifestream right now, and most significantly Aerith, while they yell at anyone who points out that it's a silly idea under the guise of 'omg toxic shippers.' I feel like some people get listened to a little too much.

Then again I have always rolled my eyes hard at theory bros. Specially the ones that insist that FF7 isn't romantic. bleh

Maidenofwar

They/Them
Yeah, Ryu, the streamer is aware of alternate dates existing. Chat plans on discussing various aspects of the game once the stream playthrough exists. I do want to highlight about the intimate versions since it was the standard date they got.

The streamer I watch hasn't been feeling well and I have a feeling they will be very emotional over the finale, so I want to have some stuff to maybe help cheer them up some, I have some Aerith, Clerith, stuff, a wholesome image of happy Aerith, Tifa, Yuffie too, feel free to link to your favourite Cloti edits, etc too, preferably Remake/Rebirth if you want 💜

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
Exactly! It even hurts the discussion of things outside of that scene and that relationship in particular. I have lots of thoughts about what might happen in part 3 but it's hard to talk about them because I feel like I have to avoid acknowledging the romance even exists in vicinity of it in order to not be saying anything controversial.

For example: One of the things I'm most curious about going forward is Yuffie's arc! She didn't have much of one in the OG and I think they've set something really interesting up with Wutai also hunting for the Magnus Materia. In Nibelheim they included her trying to urge Cloud and Tifa(and by extension the group) to join her side, clearly showing that she has conflicting loyalties now and doesn't want to have to choose. I think, to replace the pick-pocketing plotline from the OG, she's gonna be placed in a position where she has to choose between helping Wutai and helping Avalanche get the Materia and I think Aerith being dead, Cloud being comatose, and Tifa staying behind with Cloud might have destablized the group enough for her to choose Wutai

But in order to talk about that I have to assume A. Aerith is in fact dead. B. Tifa will stay behind to take care of Cloud rather than sticking with the team, and C. Restoring Cloud's mind isn't gonna be some kind of group project, and all of those things are hot takes apparently
Yeah, and wanting the LS sequence to be as it was and mostly be with Tifa and Cloud will just get you labeled as a toxic shipper unfortunately.

It really feels that if you have a strong preference for one side, even if you have suitable arguments, it essentially gets sidelined because it includes the romantic aspect.

In any case, at least after Part 3 comes out... nothing will be a "theory" anymore and people will have to discuss scenes as they are depicted.

Last edited:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
I’m gonna actually be nice and say that some of the people theorizing it don’t quite understand how central it is to Tifa and Cloud specifically in the OG. I think I saw some popular FF YouTubers have it too… which makes me doubt their FF cred lol
Some of the theory bros, maybe, but nah, there are blatant shippers who just want Tifa's sequences for Aerith.

See I've been assuming the Wutai stuff might happen before Tifa leaves, when she's party leader. You could have Tifa be the one to convince Yuffie to stay with Avalanche. Might make for useful contrast later. Or you could do it after Cloud's back and have them at loggerheads because Tifa left the team to take care of Cloud and need to reconcile over that because Yuffie feels like what she's doing is the same.

I find it wild that the theory bros seem desperate to shove literally everything into the lifestream right now, and most significantly Aerith, while they yell at anyone who points out that it's a silly idea under the guise of 'omg toxic shippers.' I feel like some people get listened to a little too much.

Then again I have always rolled my eyes hard at theory bros. Specially the ones that insist that FF7 isn't romantic. bleh
Other than FF5, I can't think of a numbered FF with defined characters (IE, Not 1, 3, or the MMOs) that doesn't have a romance subplot or two of some sort in the party.

Yeah, and wanting the LS sequence to be as it was and mostly be with Tifa and Cloud will just get you labeled as a toxic shipper unfortunately.

It really feels that if you have a strong preference for one side, even if you have suitable arguments, it essentially gets sidelined because it includes the romantic aspect.

In any case, at least after Part 3 comes out... nothing will be a "theory" anymore and people will have to discuss scenes as they are depicted.
Adding extra people into the lifestream sequence is just asking to complicate things. Put another way, a lot of people are mad about overcomplicating Aerith's death with all the whisper and rainbow stuff. That's what adding more people into a sequence designed for two people alone would be like.

Now, narratively, right AFTER the Lifestream sequence is a perfect spot for some Zack and Aerith funtime shennanigans in the lifestream. You could even have a sequence where the two of them have to protect Cloud and Tifa from a whisper attack or something if you really gotta, but at no point should they ever appear as "live" characters in Cloud's subconscious.

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
Some of the theory bros, maybe, but nah, there are blatant shippers who just want Tifa's sequences for Aerith.
Yeah, I guess I can at least say that I trust the devs to do it justice simply because they definitely understand what the scene is supposed to be.

How would Aerith even make sense? She could not confirm Cloud's identity pre-Nibelheim and even if she could with her demigod powers, then it would just be about how he left to be special to Tifa. And how would saving Tifa in the reactor mean anything to her? The point is that Cloud was there for her when she needed him most? It's not the same if Tifa learns about it secondhand later.

Adding extra people into the lifestream sequence is just asking to complicate things. Put another way, a lot of people are mad about overcomplicating Aerith's death with all the whisper and rainbow stuff. That's what adding more people into a sequence designed for two people alone would be like.
What would they even do there, hypothetically? Just stand around while Tifa shows Cloud that she waited for Cloud on that day but he never came and she ran away embarrassed. When Cloud is telling Tifa his motivation for leaving, would they just stand around awkwardly while Tifa makes this realization? I suppose they might find the fact that Cloud did in fact save Tifa in the reactor to be heartwarming but like... why add people in the scene that are just spectating?

Only Cloud and Tifa would be commenting on the bulk of what goes on there. And if it's truly about piecing together Cloud's identity to prove that he in fact existed, then only people that knew him before the incident would be relevant. And that is only two people, Tifa and Zack. Well, three counting Sephiroth.

Last edited:

Ryeleigh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Rye
why add people in the scene that are just spectating?
Especially when they get to spectate on under the Highwind. :desu: (It had to be said, lol.)

And if it's truly about piecing together Cloud's identity to prove that he in fact existed, then only people that knew him before the incident would be relevant. And that is only two people, Tifa and Zack. Well, three counting Sephiroth.
I laughed so hard imagining Sephiroth in the Lifestream scene. XD

Yeah, Ryu, the streamer is aware of alternate dates existing. Chat plans on discussing various aspects of the game once the stream playthrough exists. I do want to highlight about the intimate versions since it was the standard date they got.

The streamer I watch hasn't been feeling well and I have a feeling they will be very emotional over the finale, so I want to have some stuff to maybe help cheer them up some, I have some Aerith, Clerith, stuff, a wholesome image of happy Aerith, Tifa, Yuffie too, feel free to link to your favourite Cloti edits, etc too, preferably Remake/Rebirth if you want 💜
Aww, I don't really follow fan art and stuff like that. 😟 But I hope the streamer will feel better soon. ❤️

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Yeah, I guess I can at least say that I trust the devs to do it justice simply because they definitely understand what the scene is supposed to be.

How would Aerith even make sense? She could not confirm Cloud's identity pre-Nibelheim and even if she could with her demigod powers, then it would just be about how he left to be special to Tifa. And how would saving Tifa in the reactor mean anything to her? The point is that Cloud was there for her when she needed him most? It's not the same if Tifa learns about it secondhand later.
You're assuming these people give half a hamster's wet fart about Tifa. Or story consistency. No, we are talking people who simultaneously deny the Lifestream sequence is romantic from one side of their mouth and beg for Aerith to replace Tifa there with the other.

What would they even do there, hypothetically? Just stand around while Tifa shows Cloud that she waited for Cloud on that day but he never came and she ran away embarrassed. When Cloud is telling Tifa his motivation for leaving, would they just stand around awkwardly while Tifa makes this realization? I suppose they might find the fact that Cloud did in fact save Tifa in the reactor to be heartwarming but like... why add people in the scene that are just spectating?

Only Cloud and Tifa would be commenting on the bulk of what goes on there. And if it's truly about piecing together Cloud's identity to prove that he in fact existed, then only people that knew him before the incident would be relevant. And that is only two people, Tifa and Zack. Well, three counting Sephiroth.
Again, there you go, thinking about the consequences of the change. You're already five steps ahead of them.

I was asking if they knew about the high/low split rather than the people you can get.

Would 7th Heaven Family/ AC fanart be too spoilery?

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
You're assuming these people give half a hamster's wet fart about Tifa. Or story consistency. No, we are talking people who simultaneously deny the Lifestream sequence is romantic from one side of their mouth and beg for Aerith to replace Tifa there with the other.

Again, there you go, thinking about the consequences of the change. You're already five steps ahead of them.
Yeah, I think the problem is that people forget that the sequence is tailored to fit exactly Cloud and Tifa. You can already see the devs doing the prep work for it, by adding the one scene of Tifa being pushed out of the way by the trooper. They also did this perspective thing when everyone falls off the bridge. When "Cloud" reaches and grabs one of the troopers, there is noticeable change as it switches to first person which is definitely gonna be Zack grabbing Cloud in that scene once the truth comes out. Which is why I also believe that the devs specifically chose that scene when Cloud misremembers Zack's death. When he remembers how Zack actually died, that scene will play a third time with Zack saving Cloud in the river and some random no-name being washed away.

The legwork is there. The devs are already prepping for it.

Xombii

Rookie Adventurer
AKA
Zombinushka
I mean, if people really want to speculate on the lifestream scene, what about the fact that we see stargazer heights and sector 7 places there? That's something ripe for theories and ideas. Perhaps the fact that the black whispers are trying to destroy the little bubble of cloud/tifa's lifestream memories? There are so many things to think about that don't involve stuffing kunsel and the gongaga store owner in there for the sake of it.

Shadowstorm

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Yen
See I've been assuming the Wutai stuff might happen before Tifa leaves, when she's party leader. You could have Tifa be the one to convince Yuffie to stay with Avalanche. Might make for useful contrast later. Or you could do it after Cloud's back and have them at loggerheads because Tifa left the team to take care of Cloud and need to reconcile over that because Yuffie feels like what she's doing is the same.
Those ideas could work very well too! I especially really love the idea of Yuffie comparing her decision to Tifa's in Mideel I really hope that'll be a thing.

I'd been leaning more towards expanding the Mideel section when it comes to giving Tifa party leader time, but I'll admit to having a bias towards getting Cloud back sooner rather than later. I was kinda thinking the first mission after leaving Tifa with Cloud Yuffie ends up getting the Materia and going back with Wutai, and the rest of the team has to go after her. They could make it so that travelling there actually takes some time which would then justify cutting to Tifa and Cloud some time later in time for the LS stuff. After that just use some sci-fi fantasy mumbo jumbo to explain them getting spat out near Wutai and bam you got the whole gang back in time for the Wutai arc proper

But, really it could go in any direction at this point. That's the fun thing about Wutai, since it was orginally optional there's just so many potential ways to go about it.

I'd be willing to argue in favor of them appearing before and/or after the sequence itself. I do very much like the idea of Aerith leading Tifa to Cloud, if only to give the bond between the girls some closure too (thow in a "you have to live for both of us" if you're feeling angsty) but I agree that trying to include them beyond that would just make it awkward. That stuff works best when left as an intimate thing between two people.

Nancy

Pro Adventurer
I mean, if people really want to speculate on the lifestream scene, what about the fact that we see stargazer heights and sector 7 places there? That's something ripe for theories and ideas. Perhaps the fact that the black whispers are trying to destroy the little bubble of cloud/tifa's lifestream memories? There are so many things to think about that don't involve stuffing kunsel and the gongaga store owner in there for the sake of it.

I think why we are seeing stargazer heights and sector 7/seventh heaven there is bc it's Tifa's memories we are going through. I will be surprised if stargazer heights and seventh heaven place will be there in Cloud's subconscious too when he has only been there for 2 or 3 days before the sector was brought down while Tifa has been there for 5 yrs

I'd be willing to argue in favor of them appearing before and/or after the sequence itself. I do very much like the idea of Aerith leading Tifa to Cloud, if only to give the bond between the girls some closure too (thow in a "you have to live for both of us" if you're feeling angsty) but I agree that trying to include them beyond that would just make it awkward. That stuff works best when left as an intimate thing between two people.

How will Aerith lead Tifa to Cloud's subconscious if he isn't willing to open up until he heard Tifa calling for him?

Shadowstorm

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Yen
How will Aerith lead Tifa to Cloud's subconscious if he isn't willing to open up until he heard Tifa calling for him?
I'd say it would probably be related to the black whispers. Perhaps they ensured Cloud and Tifa got more separated physically and Aerith has to get Tifa and Cloud in closer proximity before he can let her in. Could be Aerith and Tifa have to actually fight through a wave of black whispers first. Could be that Tifa is simply to overwhelmed to even call for Cloud and Aerith has to help her calm down first either by talking to her or via something related to Tifa's own subconscious.

I'm not saying this is definitley going to happen or anything but I do think it's a possibility and something that can be done in a way that makes sense and doesn't take away from the main event should the devs choose to go there.

Nancy

Pro Adventurer
I'd say it would probably be related to the black whispers. Perhaps they ensured Cloud and Tifa got more separated physically and Aerith has to get Tifa and Cloud in closer proximity before he can let her in. Could be Aerith and Tifa have to actually fight through a wave of black whispers first. Could be that Tifa is simply to overwhelmed to even call for Cloud and Aerith has to help her calm down first either by talking to her or via something related to Tifa's own subconscious.

I'm not saying this is definitley going to happen or anything but I do think it's a possibility and something that can be done in a way that makes sense and doesn't take away from the main event should the devs choose to go there.

That does sound like a possibility but Aerith showing up in front of Tifa after she witness Aerith dying would be too much bc Aerith has never shown herself to Tifa after her death. Tifa has sense her and that is probably it.

No matter how overwhelmed Tifa gets if the black whispers try to get in the way, I think she will call out to Cloud no matter what. Also, if the black whispers intervene what's not to say the white whisper won't do the same?

Shadowstorm

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Yen
That does sound like a possibility but Aerith showing up in front of Tifa after she witness Aerith dying would be too much bc Aerith has never shown herself to Tifa after her death. Tifa has sense her and that is probably it.

No matter how overwhelmed Tifa gets if the black whispers try to get in the way, I think she will call out to Cloud no matter what. Also, if the black whispers intervene what's not to say the white whisper won't do the same?
I totally get that being your preference, and there's a really good chance that it won't go beyond Tifa sensing her, but I don't think that has to be hard rule either. It's true they have never had Aerith show up in front of Tifa before, but Tifa and Aerith's friendship also never got a huge focus before the re-trilogy. Besides Cloud also didn't originally get to fight side-by-side with Aerith after her death so clearly they're not too worried about keeping everything the same in that area. Not saying you have to like the idea of course, just that I wouldn't rule out the possibilty

The thing about Tifa being too overwhelmed was just a possible explanation that could be used should the devs want to include that kind of scene. If they do have Aerith appear there it will be because they want that interaction, not because Aerith appearing is the only way the plot could move forward. Highly fantastical stuff like that is probably gonna be more influenced by character/story purposes than logical ones.

Last edited:

Nancy

Pro Adventurer
I totally get that being your preference, and there's a really good chance that it won't go beyond Tifa sensing her, but I don't think that has to be hard rule either. It's true they have never had Aerith show up in front of Tifa before, but Tifa and Aerith's friendship also never got a huge focus before the re-trilogy. Besides Cloud also didn't originally get to fight side-by-side with Aerith after her death so clearly they're not too worried about keeping everything the same in that area. Not saying you have to like the idea of course, just that I wouldn't rule out the possibilty

The thing about Tifa being too overwhelmed was just a possible explanation that could be used should the devs want to include that kind of scene. If they do have Aerith appear there it will be because they want that interaction, not because Aerith appearing is the only way the plot could move forward. Highly fantastical stuff like that is probably gonna be more influenced by character/story purposes than logical ones/

Yeah, Tifa and Aerith's friendship didn't get a huge focus bc Nojima wrote it all down in TOTP and only a few people have read it which is a bummer bc I would have like it if they incorporate more stuff from TOTP into rebirth, big disappointment on my part, but oh well, can't do anything about it now haha

About Aerith appearing to fight side by side Cloud, I can imagine they would be doing that bc this is her game and a callback to AC/C when they stood back to back. Kinda like Zack and Cloud's fight against Sephiroth

But when thinking of Aerith doing that to Tifa and then what? She never shows up again for Tifa? In on the way to a smile, while she was mourning for Aerith at the FC why didn't she show up there to comfort her, why only let Tifa felt her presence? And her talking? Also, in AC/C too, Aerith was there, she could pull Tifa into the white void and have a chat with her but all Tifa felt again was her presence.

It's not that I don't like it. I'm in between haha and I said that could maybe be a possibility and if the devs do that do that it will cool to see. I just feel that if that happens and then Aerith never shows up again in front of Tifa even if she shows up in front of Cloud, it will be disappointing, maybe not to the players, but I'm sure will be unless they remake AC/C and do have Aerith show up I'm front of Tifa one last time

Sorry for the long response 😅

pxl_pushr

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pixel
All the discourse around the LS scene got me thinking until something hit me right between the eyes: we never see how Cloud’s mom dies.

In Remake, Sephiroth describes stabbing her, but all we see is Cloud’s house burning behind him. He quotes her dying words, which seemed odd in the moment but could easily be tied to the Reunion. Fast forward to Kalm flashback in Rebirth, and it actually looks like the scene in front of Cloud’s house is out of order/missing how trooper Cloud ends up on the ground. But then why completely hide even the slightest glimpse of how she dies? Perhaps because it would immediately parallel Zack and Aerith? Cloud immobilized while someone he loves is murdered in front of him?

In my opinion, showing that death scene would be much more impactful to the whole scene because Claudia was important to both of them, and Tifa probably didn’t know how she died.

I dunno, something about how they’ve treated Claudia in what little we see her feels intentionally vague. Almost like Cloud’s mind won’t let Jenova near certain memories of his mom.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
I think why we are seeing stargazer heights and sector 7/seventh heaven there is bc it's Tifa's memories we are going through. I will be surprised if stargazer heights and seventh heaven place will be there in Cloud's subconscious too when he has only been there for 2 or 3 days before the sector was brought down while Tifa has been there for 5 yrs
We are seeing Cloud's POV though. I'm mixxed on the memories being Tifa's, even if I think they should be, because you know the Weapons picked up her own little memories to get there, but the fact that we see everything from Cloud's POV is intriguing to me. Or maybe both memories are just tied together, it's Cloud and Tifa's memories.

But when thinking of Aerith doing that to Tifa and then what? She never shows up again for Tifa? In on the way to a smile, while she was mourning for Aerith at the FC why didn't she show up there to comfort her, why only let Tifa felt her presence? And her talking? Also, in AC/C too, Aerith was there, she could pull Tifa into the white void and have a chat with her but all Tifa felt again was her presence.
I am fully with you, I don't think Aerith will show to anyone in the party under this form. Tifa is very depressive by the end of OG, and that's partly because of Aerith's death too. For CoT and ACC to happen, Tifa and the others shouldn't feel Aerith's presence; in fact, it's because that they don't that they feel her loss, right up until Cloud is saved by her at the end of OG, which gives its hopeful note.

Rebirth has already cut the player from feeling Aerith's death, so p3 should insist on that.
All the discourse around the LS scene got me thinking until something hit me right between the eyes: we never see how Cloud’s mom dies.

In Remake, Sephiroth describes stabbing her, but all we see is Cloud’s house burning behind him. He quotes her dying words, which seemed odd in the moment but could easily be tied to the Reunion. Fast forward to Kalm flashback in Rebirth, and it actually looks like the scene in front of Cloud’s house is out of order/missing how trooper Cloud ends up on the ground. But then why completely hide even the slightest glimpse of how she dies? Perhaps because it would immediately parallel Zack and Aerith? Cloud immobilized while someone he loves is murdered in front of him?

In my opinion, showing that death scene would be much more impactful to the whole scene because Claudia was important to both of them, and Tifa probably didn’t know how she died.

I dunno, something about how they’ve treated Claudia in what little we see her feels intentionally vague. Almost like Cloud’s mind won’t let Jenova near certain memories of his mom.
Yeah, it's something I think we should see. In fact I hope it will be more detailed because you don't really stop at what Cloud's been doing during the part when they arrive in town and then when the village burns in the Lifestream scene, but we know he's been sleeping home, probably eating with Zack at his mother's place, hiding from Tifa but being recognised by villagers (it's very visible when you talk to them in the Kalm flashback because they always go "oh I hadn't recognised you".... because he's wearing a helmet), etc. So I hope we do see the truth there rather than guess it. Some people still haven't understood that Cloud slept at home, for example.

Shadowstorm

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Yen
Yeah, Tifa and Aerith's friendship didn't get a huge focus bc Nojima wrote it all down in TOTP and only a few people have read it which is a bummer bc I would have like it if they incorporate more stuff from TOTP into rebirth, big disappointment on my part, but oh well, can't do anything about it now haha

About Aerith appearing to fight side by side Cloud, I can imagine they would be doing that bc this is her game and a callback to AC/C when they stood back to back. Kinda like Zack and Cloud's fight against Sephiroth

It's not that I don't like it. I'm in between haha and I said that could maybe be a possibility and if the devs do that do that it will cool to see. I just feel that if that happens and then Aerith never shows up again in front of Tifa even if she shows up in front of Cloud, it will be disappointing, maybe not to the players, but I'm sure will be unless they remake AC/C and do have Aerith show up I'm front of Tifa one last time

Sorry for the long response 😅
You got nothing to be sorry about, don't worry!

I was talking about the previous installments actually. Personally I was pretty happy with how they were written in Rebirth but I can understand not everyone feeling the same.

Anyway, I think that's one of those things where you have to assume there's limits on her ability to appear to people. If you go down the path of asking why she didn't apppear at x time you're also gonna have to wonder why she didn't stop Cloud's survivor's guilt in its tracks earlier or why she waited so long to cure Geostigma. The Doylist explanation is obviously that the story needed it to happen later for the drama, but it's not really gone into in-universe. Though, in this case it has been established that even the Cetra can only stick around as ghosts for limited amount of time after passing, and there's a specific connection through touching the lifestream itself, so both of those would explain why Aerith would be able to appear to Tifa in that moment specifically and not at any point after.

That being said I'm very much on team "remake AC/C in game form" so I absolutely would not say no to Aerith showing up in front of Tifa one last time there.

Top Bottom