SPOILERS LTD Remake — It's like New Coke except ... no, it's exactly like New Coke

Shadowstorm

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Yen
I think a Corel revisit should still happen so you can have Barret save the town and prove himself, but yeah, Fort Condor and Junon aren't strictly needed.
Oh yeah, I'm definitely in favor of including Corel still. I think every character should have a place where the chapter can focus on them in fact. I just had to mention it because in the original it wasn't really utilized in that way, it was just another stop.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Junon gives us the submarine which is necessary for Vincent and Lucrecia backstory; Fort Condor has been so teased that yeah I do expect it next game, even if I hate its minigame.

Shadowstorm

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Yen
Junon gives us the submarine which is necessary for Vincent and Lucrecia backstory; Fort Condor has been so teased that yeah I do expect it next game, even if I hate its minigame.
They could always just merge the two and place the submarine at Fort Condor or somewhere else entirely. no reason it has to be in Junon specifically. If they can come up with a totally seperate introduction for Cid and the Tiny Bronco then doing something different for just a vehicle doesn't seem too far-fetched. For Fort Condor I'm of two minds. I can't tell if they're teasing it or just making references, because everything noteworthy about that place has already been covered so if it were included it would need a major overhaul at this point.

Last edited:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Well, Junon is needed for the Gas chamber escape and whatever they do with the Scarlet fight.

I believe Ryushikaze was talking about the revisit to Junon after Real Cloud comes back.
Indeed I was. Mind you, we probably are still doing the underwater reactor sequence, It's just a cool action set piece rather than a needed narrative moment, though with the Infantry Boiz in play that might change.

Nancy

Pro Adventurer
Indeed I was. Mind you, we probably are still doing the underwater reactor sequence, It's just a cool action set piece rather than a needed narrative moment, though with the Infantry Boiz in play that might change.

Does that includes the mini game that follows while trying to retrieve the materia that was stow away? Or do you think the devs will implant something else?

Nancy

Pro Adventurer
We'll probably still get the same submarine mini-game but it will be touched up on and improved with modern day technology.

Hopefully it isn't as difficult as it was in the OG 😅 but considering I did pretty good on the Junon parade in rebirth when I was so bad at it in the OG I think I will be fine, maybe

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
Hopefully it isn't as difficult as it was in the OG 😅 but considering I did pretty good on the Junon parade in rebirth when I was so bad at it in the OG I think I will be fine, maybe
Funnily enough, I remember it being super easy. I just spammed the "fire" button the moment the mini-game started and I was basically already done.

Nancy

Pro Adventurer
Funnily enough, I remember it being super easy. I just spammed the "fire" button the moment the mini-game started and I was basically already done.

Haha, lucky for you. I remember I gotta retry it 2 or 3 times because I keep losing sight of the ship and I'm bad at shooting games

Nancy

Pro Adventurer
As long as we don't have to button mash to control a train for 10 minutes I'm happy. I straight up just went for a walk and failed on purpose for that one

Omg I still remember that one. I did what the game was telling me but it seem like I was going even faster like 'I'M GONNA CRASH'

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
I think the most unfair one is the minigame in space. You basically have to guess the combination or you lose the Huge Materia.

I guess it’s good it doesn’t randomize so subsequent playthroughs make it easier.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
I love how this thread is just the Disc 2 verse Part 3 spitballing thread now.

For the record I never found the train segment or the sub sections difficult, but I also played a hell of a lot of platformers, action games, fighting games etc. so I'm used to that nonsense. (I was also amazing at the mech fighting minigame in Xenogears). The Space minigame was tedious and I just look it up for later playthroughs.

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer

For the record I never found the train segment or the sub sections difficult, but I also played a hell of a lot of platformers, action games, fighting games etc. so I'm used to that nonsense. (I was also amazing at the mech fighting minigame in Xenogears). The Space minigame was tedious and I just look it up for later playthroughs.
Yeah, we are getting somewhat off-topic.

But like you, I never had too much problem with all of those minigames. My frustration with FF7 OG has always been the RNG with the chocobo breeding. I can’t remember if it was the blue or green chocobo but one of them always took me way too long to get. And what’s more, you need a male and female to get the black chocobo so it would be extra frustrating.

Anyway, to get back on topic. If they ever release a Dirge of Cerberus remaster, let’s hope the instruction manual isn’t vague about Cloud and Tifa (even though it’s laughable that character bios are being used as “proof”.)

Shadowstorm

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Yen

We went from complaining about how having to pretend the love triangle is up in the air keeps you from being able to properly speculating about the rest of the story to just speculating about the rest of the story it seems.

Yeah, my lack of experience with those types of games probably was a huge factor in my frustration. I was aware that there would be a lot of minigames going in but there's only so much me and my mostly rpg gaming history can take.
Anyway, to get back on topic. If they ever release a Dirge of Cerberus remaster, let’s hope the instruction manual isn’t vague about Cloud and Tifa (even though it’s laughable that character bios are being used as “proof”.)
Man, I hope so. I'm still holding out hope for them to give us some AC/C and beyond era stuff remade from scratch though not gonna lie. Just something to give Cloud and Tifa slightly more focus than they had in DoC so that there isn't any doubt about their relationship status.

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
We went from complaining about how having to pretend the love triangle is up in the air keeps you from being able to properly speculating about the rest of the story to just speculating about the rest of the story it seems.

Yeah, my lack of experience with those types of games probably was a huge factor in my frustration. I was aware that there would be a lot of minigames going in but there's only so much me and my mostly rpg gaming history can take.

Man, I hope so. I'm still holding out hope for them to give us some AC/C and beyond era stuff remade from scratch though not gonna lie. Just something to give Cloud and Tifa slightly more focus than they had in DoC so that there isn't any doubt about their relationship status.

Yeah, I hope there is some post-AC end credits scenes for any lingering closure. They can do something similar to Kingdom Hearts which showed epilogues to all the different worlds in the end credits. And then the final one can be the regular Nanaki with cubs one.

abzy1200

Pro Adventurer
I know it's redundant, and I've said it a million times before, but it's relevant to often, and it is here again -What should happen and what is actually going to happen are different things. People here are saying that the LS is a romantic, intimate scene between Cloud and Tifa almost exclusively, and in the OG, that is true, and people claim that it will remain as such in the remake because that's the intent of the scene.

...The problem with this line of logic is that, in the OG, Aerith's death was meant to invoke feelings of "reality not Hollywood", yet in Rebirth, it invokes anything but feelings of reality. What I'm trying to say here is, the original does not apply to the remake.

Yes, the LS and NC should stay scenes between Cloud and Tifa, though they aren't going to, because that's not how things have been setup.

EDIT: didn't realise I was three days late to this, embarrassing...

Last edited:

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Again, the only setups to the LS scenes have been CT and Tifa scenes exclusively. The hug in Remake, the Gongaga Lifestream scene + bedroom scenes + Tifa trial in Rebirth, hell even Akira’s song alludes to it.

I am just trusting what has been written so far to say the LS scene will remain an intimate scene and a love confession and thus it should only be about Cloud and Tifa.

pxl_pushr

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pixel
Nothing can really be said to diminish any cynicism about how the LS scene will be treated.

At this point, it just boils down to how much you trust SE, or if you like the idea of shoving Aerith’s death into a sequence with a different tone and goal in mind.

Certainly something they could do, but I don’t think they will.

Shadowstorm

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Yen
It's absolutely valid to feel some level of cynicism going forward, especially if you find yourself unhappy with developments so far, but I'm not sure how productive that is when it comes to theorizing. Just speaking for myself personally if I didn't trust SE to deliver on what they set up, and to hold true to their original creation, then I simply wouldn't bother trying to guess where they go next.

Anyway, I would argue the LS scene inhabits a totally different place in the remake narrative by virtue of it not being one of the most infamous and spoiled moments in video game history. There was no way to properly recreate that feeling so they opted for a different approach to which the reactions obviously vary. The LS scene isn't nearly as well-known (and as a new player was one of the only surprising things I got to experience in the OG) and doesn't rely on a shock factor and is therefore a lot less likely to be changed significantly. What changes they would want to make are probably more along the lines of building up Cloud and Tifa's relationship more ahead of time, and they've gone above and beyond to do just that.

Last edited:

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
It's a small world after all. @Ryushikaze.

I was browsing Reddit and came up on a reply chain you were part of that claimed Aerith had moved on from Zack. I can't really fathom how anyone can have this interpretation since she claims to still love him in Gongaga (in the original Japanese, but the way she's says "maybe" in English basically implies she does). Even if she has feelings for Cloud, her feelings for Zack wouldn't just disappear like that. Not to mention, the way the date is framed in Chapter 14 does feel like Square Enix is sublimally telling us that Zack is still a constant presence in Aerith's mind.

I just don't get it, to be honest. Which side is coping here? Because both sides are claiming to have evidence lol.

Last edited:

Ryeleigh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Rye
It's a small world after all. @Ryushikaze.

I was browsing Reddit and came up on a reply chain you were part of that claimed Aerith had moved on from Zack. I can't really fathom how anyone can have this interpretation since she claims to still love him in Gongaga (in the original Japanese, but the way she's says "maybe" in English basically implies she does). Even if she has feelings for Cloud, her feelings for Zack wouldn't just disappear like that. Not to mention, the way the date is framed in Chapter 14 does feel like Square Enix is sublimally telling us that Zack is still a constant presence in Aerith's mind.

I just don't get it, to be honest. Which side is coping here? Because both sides are claiming to have evidence lol.
To be honest, I've always lowkey disliked the discourse about Aerith moving on or being "allowed to move on". I mean, Zack disappeared without a trace. He promised to come see her, in his last words to her, and then he doesn't, and doesn't, and doesn't. And then, right before the start of FF7, it's implied she finally senses him only to sense that he's dying. And it's like, how exactly does one "move on" from that? She never got closure? And even if she does move on during her short time with Cloud and the party, it's very obvious that she hasn't yet at the beginning of FF7 (even in the original, considering in all of her dates she talked about her ex, lol) and it doesn't mean that she just stops loving Zack.

But the argument seems to be "Oh, she's a teenager. She'll get over it," meaning that it wasn't that serious, meaning that her so-called fans don't want or allow her to care. Instead of thinking "oh, she loved/loves him wholeheartedly but she should move on as much for her sake as Zack's even if it is a struggle sometimes". I feel that it's all about diminishing ZA instead of actual discussion about Aerith, Zack and the text.

Like, it feels so weird. It feels as if the fans don't want these characters to actually care about each other and at the same time they want them all to have romantic/sexual feelings for each other? And I'm just? Confused, lol?

Top Bottom