SPOILERS LTD Remake — It's like New Coke except ... no, it's exactly like New Coke

Reaper3Delta

Pro Adventurer
Oh they know, and I'm sure those who can read English also read those forums lol.

The interview came right on my birthday and I couldn't be happier :D
Happy b' day, mine's was yesterday sept 17 lol. Cloti kiss fan service slap in the face b' day gift for sure!

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
It’s interesting how many people have taken wildly different interpretations from this quote. What’s the general consensus from people here?
The devs have their own story in mind and they're not worried about what the players want to see but what they need.
The part about Aerith- She's dead but her story isn't done. I think she and Zack have a part to play in Pt 3 apart from the living party. Probably some Jungian Akhashic record stuff with the lifestream.

pxl_pushr

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pixel
The devs have their own story in mind and they're not worried about what the players want to see but what they need.
The part about Aerith- She's dead but her story isn't done. I think she and Zack have a part to play in Pt 3 apart from the living party. Probably some Jungian Akhashic record stuff with the lifestream.
Yeah, I think we’re ultimately building up to Aerith being a type of figure that, at the end of one’s life, she will appear as whoever that person needs to let go of their regret.

For Cloud it will be his mother (at the end of FF7) and herself (ACC) even though he doesn’t really die. He kinda rides the line before he’s sent back to the living.

For Zack it will be Angeal, for three musketeers Sephy remnants “mother”, and on down the line.

For Sephiroth it’ll be nobody (because Sephiroth is Jenova) or Lucrecia.

Don’t really know how we’ll get there, but we’ll get there.

But yeah, they’re keeping an eye on fan buzz to see what to touch on where appropriate and maybe what to use to show off another “what if” scenario

Eerie

Fire and Blood
I think what frustrated fans when Aerith died in the OG other than they thought she was the love interest, was all those possibilities that suddenly close. It's true too in Rebirth: ToA is the place where Aerith starts to finally accept her Cetra lineage, in the OG you can get her best weapon right before, etc. Everything seems to line up for her (big red flag when you think about it), and then she dies.

And it's also a fact that we know Aerith was most certainly doing things behind everyone's back in the LS; but in the OG they managed to not show her again, which is good enough for Nomura, because this time around, they're certainly going to show us what she's going to do in the LS. Aerith is unique in that she's the only character (with Zack, because Zack is protected by her/the Planet) whom they can still use once dead. That's also one of the reasons why Tifa was never going to die.

I've said it pre-Remake, but even back then I thought we were going to see what Aerith does in the LS, and that's why Nomura says that her role isn't finished. Because this time, we're going to see how she saves the Planet - it is her role after all.

MissMDusk

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Mari
Double post, but well, considering the official tracks for Tifa and Aerith's dates, I think it will shut up stuff like "they didn't kiss" to "it's a rebound kiss!" including "it's a jealous kiss!"
B-b-but I was told it was a "jealous, rebound, platonic, casual, accidental, sex-charged but totally-not-romantic" kiss?? Are you telling me I've been lied to??? That it was romantic and intentional all along? No way.

And how dare they, they forgot to mention the "KOIBITO TSUNAGI, very intimate, married, innocent-but-not(?), totally-more-romantic-than-a-kiss" hand-holding?? Wow, color me surprised! :)

Xombii

Rookie Adventurer
AKA
Zombinushka
Eh, from what I've seen lately, the game is a full remake, with everything changing, the lifestream totally rewritten and a completely new end, so ACC doesn't count. Also Crisis core isn't canon and um... I forgot because it's really hard to follow all the things that are apparently canon or not canon according to whoever decides. :desuawesomonster:

Save me...

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
I saw someone on Twitter zoom in on the kiss in an effort to prove it never actually happened.

I genuinely think flat-earthers are less insane than some of these people.

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
B-b-but I was told it was a "jealous, rebound, platonic, casual, accidental, sex-charged but totally-not-romantic" kiss?? Are you telling me I've been lied to??? That it was romantic and intentional all along? No way.

And how dare they, they forgot to mention the "KOIBITO TSUNAGI, very intimate, married, innocent-but-not(?), totally-more-romantic-than-a-kiss" hand-holding?? Wow, color me surprised! :)
Well, obviously "tender" is just a synonym for platonic. Clearly, a rebound kiss. Cloud has realized that Zack loves Aerith (and is also dead) so he can longer be with him. So Tifa is truly his only option.

I saw a screenshot too and at first I was persuaded it was Margot >_> Then I read the name and I was like :wacky:
Saw another tweet that shows Cloud hugging Aerith AFTER the kiss. Such a strange implication. If I kiss a girl, does that mean I can never hug another girl for any reason whatsoever without cheating?

Xombii

Rookie Adventurer
AKA
Zombinushka
Well, obviously "tender" is just a synonym for platonic. Clearly, a rebound kiss. Cloud has realized that Zack loves Aerith (and is also dead) so he can longer be with him. So Tifa is truly his only option.

Saw another tweet that shows Cloud hugging Aerith AFTER the kiss. Such a strange implication. If I kiss a girl, does that mean I can never hug another girl for any reason whatsoever without cheating?
Did you not know, you're supposed to pretend completely that every member of the opposite sex excluding the one that you, recently? um, held hands with, in a not platonic, but um. I guess, specific and mysterious way, does not exist. Let them die, in fact. Because god forbid you be a nice person unless you wana fuck someone.

ooh, I might have figured out the problem. Is it incels? Worst plot twist ever.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu

The "intertwined hands can only be romantic and are the highest form of romantic expression" argument is so terrible because A: it could be romantic or it could be with the ghost of your dead grandmother and B: Even when it is romantic, it's baby's first romantic step. Koibito Tsunagi is almost shorthand for 'Completely inexperienced and naïve" for how it gets used in fiction.

Many years ago, on this very forum I think, Cali IIRC tried to argue they were 'tender' in the sense of being 'painful' memories.

Anyways, the Cleriths are not okay. We are seeing the full on return of the Pinkers.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FinalFantasyVII/comments/1fpjb42
Also, no need to intervene, but please enjoy this reddit thread where someone brings up the very early materials where The Cetra is labeled Tifa, I discuss how Aerith was apparently mostly Tifa at one point, and a Clerith quietly fumes about it. I know she wants to say much more but can't for fear of looking even more unhinged.

Last edited:
Top Bottom