New year, New LTD thread. (Round 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bex

fresh to death
AKA
Bex
The title of the song that accompanies that scene is called 'Cloud Smiles'.

Point made.

Vendel

Banned
Honestly, in ACC he starts smiling when the cheers erupts and doesn't change his expression until he sees Aerith, then almost starts smiling again when she leaves.

You're kidding right?

It only takes two screenshots of Cloud to prove that wrong. And it has been done many times over.

In fact.
Cloud looking at Tifa.
cloudsmile03.png

Tifa.
Tifakissycut.gif

And Clouds reaction (zoomed in for your convenience).
cloudface.jpg

Whats the matter Cloud? Your pants suddenly get tighter?

Last edited:

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
You're kidding right?

It only takes two screenshots of Cloud to prove that wrong. And it has been done many times over.

In fact.
Cloud looking at Tifa.
cloudsmile03.png

Tifa.
Tifakissycut.gif

cloudface.jpg

You're probably kidding but just in case you aren't.

smile3p.jpg

In both of your pictures and mine, Cloud is looking the direction of his shoulder pad, facing away from Tifa. We don't even see him turn away from Tifa to smile, we just see him preoccupied with the children.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
You're kidding right?

In fact.
Cloud looking at Tifa.
cloudsmile03.png

Tifa.
Tifakissycut.gif

cloudface.jpg

he looks leik he's smiling in both

hurpy durpy yet again

Vendel

Banned
It's only been a couple of post people. I didn't think the peanut gallery would have trouble following this conversation.

ShikamaruNara said:
Honestly, in ACC he starts smiling when the cheers erupts and doesn't change his expression until he sees Aerith, then almost starts smiling again when she leaves.

The Juggernaut said:
You're kidding right?

Seems simple enough yes?

he looks leik he's smiling in both

hurpy durpy yet again

Opps maybe not.

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
vendel feels threatened for his otp so he gets hissy and makes three word responses.

and this, my friends, is precisely why i rarely post in this shit thread

Vendel

Banned
vendel feels threatened for his otp so he gets hissy and makes three word responses.

and this, my friends, is precisely why i rarely post in this shit thread

Well then take your "hurpy durpy" and fuck off.

Either that or actually try reading the post, combined with a little comprehension, so you don't spout off like a jackass.

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
Well then take your "hurpy durpy" and fuck off.

Either that or actually try reading the post, combined with a little comprehension, so you don't spout off like a jackass.
i find it hilarious you accuse cleriths of avoiding the arguments when they post emotes, and yet you do the same thing.

so then, are you doing the same thing?

my mind, it is so boggled

Vendel

Banned
Let me just use a little capitalization on your post.

I find it hilarious you accuse cleriths of avoiding the arguments when they post emotes, and yet you do the same thing.

So then, are you doing the same thing?

My mind, it is so boggled

Alright now I can respond.

Again it was a really simple point we were discussing. A simple point that had a simple answer. One that had been given multiple times. After being given this simple answer yet again I got a response which really veered into the land of dumb.

I can only assume it was trolling.

That is when you graced us with your presence. Caught up now? Good.

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
i use capitalization when i care.

which will pretty much never be in the ltd thread.

dealwithit.jpg

so basically, your post was totally valid because you are totally not trolling and you just think that shika's post was stupid.

though you have no response.

give me a moment, i need to giggle over this situation a bit.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
You're probably kidding but just in case you aren't.

smile3p.jpg

In both of your pictures and mine, Cloud is looking the direction of his shoulder pad, facing away from Tifa. We don't even see him turn away from Tifa to smile, we just see him preoccupied with the children.

A point of order, ignoring the bitching between Venny and Aki, but Cloud turns in between the shots shown. He starts looking towards his right, where Tifa is, which is where the closeup and smile exchange comes into play. He then turns to look back at the kids again, and his upper body rotates so his shoulder faces the back wall than the sides.

Also, Venny, Aki, take it outside. Ven, more content, less dumb images instead of responses. Incidentally, Aki, you actually post in this topic with some frequency.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
and what is this re:Coded thing going around where Cloud says he wants to protect someone and... it must be Aerith cause she's the only one in Kingdom Hearts I?... I thought Coded took place AFTER KH and KHII... I'm confused.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Re:Coded takes place post KH2, but is technically a rehash of the events of 1 and 2.

Is there argument that Tifa just doesn't exist in the period of KH1 and so Cloud couldn't be referring to her even in a rehash thereof?

LunarSkye

Pro Adventurer
AKA
CL, Prompto
and what is this re:Coded thing going around where Cloud says he wants to protect someone and... it must be Aerith cause she's the only one in Kingdom Hearts I?... I thought Coded took place AFTER KH and KHII... I'm confused.
HUH??? 0.o
I have this game and Cloud never said anything like that. There's no mention of Aerith AT ALL. She's not even in here.

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Apparently a direct translation of the Japanese has him say something about " I need to protect someone"

Cloud walks in from the door you just entered through. He stops in front of
Sora, holding out his sword.

Cloud:
...Sorry. I need to fight to you. There is someone I have to protect... so let me test that power.

or something.

Is there argument that Tifa just doesn't exist in the period of KH1 and so Cloud couldn't be referring to her even in a rehash thereof?
But of course :monster:
I'm kind of curious about this too, Specifically why this was totally change with the English release.

Here's the Japanese translation BTW:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/mobile/943348-kingdom-hearts-coded/faqs/57054

Dunno if anyone wants to see if it's right or not but...

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Also, something slightly off-topic -- I was re-watching Cloud's fight with Seph in KH2, and it really struck me how much Sephiroth's lines confirm the Cloti perspective.

-First of all, he outright says "You turn your back on the present and live in the past." Cloud's past you say? Didn't he fall in love with Tifa and make a promise to her in the past? I mean hell don't the Cleriths always say it's Aerith in the present and Tifa in the past? So here we can see that he chooses to cherish the memories of Tifa and turns his back on Aerith. To me, this is the answer to the "will you choose a memory or us" question. He chooses the memory (Tifa).

-Sephiroth reasserts this by saying "You'll never let go of your past." Again, Tifa is in Cloud's past. So Cloud never letting go of his past = never letting go of Tifa.

-Then Sephiroth explains "No matter how many times I fall, your darkness keeps calling me back." The memory of Tifa will always be tied to the memory of Sephiroth because of Nibelhiem and stuff. No one can remember her without remembering that Sephiroth burned down her home town when Cloud was there. So the fact that Cloud will never let go of Tifa's memory naturally means that he can never let go of Sephiroth's either. Every time he remembers Tifa, he will remember Sephiroth, thus calling him back into being. The feelings of guilt and inadequacy for his family which accompany these memories are what Seph is calling his darkness. This is paralleled by the AC/C plot, in which guilt is eating Cloud alive and Sephiroth returns to tell Cloud very similar things -- basically "It's your guilt which keeps bringing me back."

Since he feels guilty about not protecting his family and Aerith see?

So with the number of times Seph has reappeared throughout all the games/films, Cloud must be thinking of Tifa a lot, right? But of course, we already knew this because he himself confesses to the feelings he was holding for her in the Lifestream.

I've heard some people say that what happens in the KH world doesn't apply to things that happened in the FF7 world, but I don't think that's entirely true. Cloud's perpetual struggle with Sephiroth still applies. Cloud & Seph's struggle still applies. Their personalities and appearances still apply. THEY LOOK THE SAME GUYS. THIS IS IMPORTANT! So I think it's reasonable to consider their dialogue as applicable as well.

If nothing was supposed to apply to the original story/characters at all, the original characters wouldn't even be used in KH. If it were supposed to be a totally new story, wouldn't new characters have been used? Even in fanfiction (from any fandom, not just FF), alternate universe stories still allude to characterizations and relationships from the source. Otherwise, it would just be original fiction and not fanfiction. So yes, things that happen in KH do apply to FF7, in my opinion. Because of fanfiction.

Okay, I'm off of my tangent now. I just wanted to throw that last bit out there in case anybody runs into that excuse in a debate or something.

did I put down Aerith enough? What's my prize? :awesome:

Last edited:

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Or Cloud's past is how he failed to protect Zack/Aerith, or spends so much time trying to figure out who he is because lol. Or maybe because he's obsessed with Sephiroth, who betrayed him...in the past.

Frostwave

lil' rice krispies
AKA
Elizabeth, Selda
did I put down Aerith enough? What's my prize? :awesome:

Prize? Get your ass to Aerith's church and hit that confessional before I start thinking you be serious, Quexi. *shakes head* Uuuuuuhhh-uuuuuhhh, girl. ._.

(Off-topic(do it curr?), but a loooooooong time ago I read this comedy/parody fic. Aerith was in it. Kinda foggy, but I think she was called The Reverend. And she killed slum inhabitants and covered it up. Or something. But I remember it being pretty funny. Wish I could find it.)

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Prize? Get your ass to Aerith's church and hit that confessional before I start thinking you be serious, Quexi. *shakes head* Uuuuuuhhh-uuuuuhhh.
I'm ALWAYS serious...

except when I'm not :awesome:

but darn I was really hoping someone would make a huge ass rebuttal to the post i stole from CxA and replaced Aerith's name with Tifa's my post...
oh well, maybe next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom