New year, New LTD thread. (Round 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
No one gives a fuck what they consider official.

It is the script SE consider official and the one script packaged with the Limited Edition AC, no? THAT'S the one Nobuo would have read.

There are no significant changes to that. Even if you look at production scripts of any movie you'll see changes in the final cut of the movies, because some shit ends up being cut or edited or whatever. Actors ad lib all the time, so dialogue might not be precise either. It's perfectly normal.

This is just the Clerii grasping for straws again.

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Nope, doesn't count, sorry :monster:

No that's not grasping at straws dude, grasping at straws is when you translate stuff... but only if it helps out C/T.

Last edited:

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
Someone needs to get a clue about how movies are made.
Nevertheless, Nobuo says he read it in the script, and there is only one script SE have released and only time Cloud smiling is mentioned.

They just don't like it. They've been picking and choosing their canon for ages. Nothing new there :awesome:

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
No matter what you say dude it doesn't count... it doesn't count because... Cloud smiles at Tifa in that one :monster: Ergo, it's nonsense.

And this is pissing me off for some reason... someone do something funny to make me less pissed off

Last edited:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Quex, even IF the script doesn't count as the current canon.

It DOES fucking count as what NOBUE WOULD HAVE READ to see Cloud's smile to Tifa, and to write the song based off of. Nobue wrote his song based on the smile IN THE SCRIPT. The song is FOR Cloud's smile to Tifa.

QED.
Nobue said it was. So it is. He gets to say what his songs are about.

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
Besides, the script came packaged for the masses with the finished movie and SE did not advertise the shit as an "early draft". We've gotten early material stuffz for FFVII, but it was clearly labeled as such.

Why would SE be like, "oh yeah, here's our completely changed and totally irrelevant now script from the inception of AC."

LOL their real beef with the script is that it says Aeris is a ghost, which she is, who watches over Cloud as he drives past her, which he does. LMAO.
It shatters this fantasy of Aeris and Cloud having a picnic in the flowerfield.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
That wasn't funny... :(

You're telling me this like I don't know, like I need to be told. I KNOW all this, I know what he wrote the song for. But I also know who I'm dealing with and they aren't going to believe it no matter what I say or no matter what makes sense.

From what I gather there are scenes that are slightly different in the script and movie, but obviously the whole thing shouldn't be thrown out the window. I think I'll ignore what happens in FFVII because there's a typo at one point. Yeah that's it.

Frostwave

lil' rice krispies
AKA
Elizabeth, Selda
Quexi said:
I need the one that says he smiles at Tifa specifically.

Like OWD said, the only time the script mentions Cloud smiling is when he does so at Tifa.

The only reason this became an issue is because some rapid C/A shippers were denying that Cloud smiled at Tifa(that it was a shared moment between them), and saying that the song was named for the look at Zack, who?Aerith as she left the church.

Here's that part from the script:

AC script said:
The other kids jump into the spring one by one. The church is filled with joyous chatter. Tifa looks at Cloud with a smile. Cloud smiles back at her with a shy expression. Tifa gives a satisfied nod.

Well, dere it be. =)

Last edited:

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
speaking of inaccuracies....I love how the official script = inaccurate but some trailer made by the marketing shitheads in the US is considered word of God. Which gets the Cloud/Seph shit wrong anyway.

Nothing you can do to cure them of their refusal to accept reality.

EDIT: LOL, not to mention there is technically NO ACTUAL SMILE AT AERIS.
And if there were, it would not have been the first time Cloud smiled and therefore not the one that inspired Nobuo.

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
I KNOW what the script says :monster:
I'm perfectly aware, I KNOW why he wrote the song :P
You're preaching to the choir, but I'll just be told that the script doesn't count.

I mean what happened is they had that in the script, then said "Fuck it, we can't have that..." and changed it so Cloud smiled at his true love, Aerith. don't you know how movies are made?

speaking of inaccuracies....I love how the official script = inaccurate but some trailer made by the marketing shitheads in the US is considered word of God. Which gets the Cloud/Seph shit wrong anyway.
The commercial isn't meant to be taken literally, and Cloud's hate for Sephiroth grows SO strong that it could be described as always was. It was said to be eternal and one of the meanings for eternal is always was so there. JFC don't you guys know this shit?

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
EDIT: LOL, not to mention there is technically NO ACTUAL SMILE AT AERIS.
There's kinda one at the end dude

1268745261117_f.jpg

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
I mean what happened is they had that in the script, then said "Fuck it, we can't have that..." and changed it so Cloud smiled at his true love, Aerith.
...but, babeh, it DOESN'T MATTER if they removed the entire scene (of C/T)altogether. It does not change the fact that Nobuo composed CS FOR THAT ONE MOMENT HE SAW IN THE SCRIPT.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Actually it DOES matter since my point was that Cloud smiles at Tifa in the movie :monster:

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
...umm...Cloud DOES smile at Tifa in the movie. It goes like dis: look at kids down as they splash about, flash quick "shy" smile up at Tifa, Tifa looks back smiling (sharing the smile), Cloud breaks eye contact and continues smiling at kids. <-- exactly what the script says btw.

LOL, no. Aeris & ZACK exit. Cloud closes his eyes. He looks content and his final smile is at no one but himself. It's technically for the audience.

Last edited:

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
That wasn't funny... :(

You're telling me this like I don't know, like I need to be told. I KNOW all this, I know what he wrote the song for. But I also know who I'm dealing with and they aren't going to believe it no matter what I say or no matter what makes sense.

You apparently do need to be told what to scream at them til they shut up, and that's what I was telling you.

I KNOW what the script says :monster:
I'm perfectly aware, I KNOW why he wrote the song :P
You're preaching to the choir, but I'll just be told that the script doesn't count.

Then you should go right back and tell them the commercial doesn't count and that AC doesn't count.

I mean what happened is they had that in the script, then said "Fuck it, we can't have that..." and changed it so Cloud smiled at his true love, Aerith. don't you know how movies are made?

And then in ACC they took out the shit at the end where Aerith was because fuckheads thought Cloud was screwing a ghost. I mean, if that's how movies work and all.
Quex. The name of the game is PETARD HOIST.

The commercial isn't meant to be taken literally, and Cloud's hate for Sephiroth grows SO strong that tit could be described as always was. It was said to be eternal and one of the meanings for eternal is always was so there. JFC don't you guys know this shit?

Oh dear fuck tell me who told that to you so I can strangle them for raping my native tongue.
IF the commercial isn't literal... why must any of it be literal? Can it not all be, oh, I don't know, Marketing Bullshit?

1268745261117_f.jpg

That's... not a smile.
And not in the script.
And not at Aerith. She [AND ZACK!] are gone at that point.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
You apparently do need to be told what to scream at them til they shut up, and that's what I was telling you.
I've been screaming this at them for a while now :monster:

Then you should go right back and tell them the commercial doesn't count and that AC doesn't count.
inorite?

And then in ACC they took out the shit at the end where Aerith was because fuckheads thought Cloud was screwing a ghost. I mean, if that's how movies work and all.
Quex. The name of the game is PETARD HOIST.
I'd post a video of Cheese from Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends saying "I like this game" but I don't have a fast enough connection :(

Supposedly Nomura said nothing in ACC overwrites AC... or something :monster:

Oh dear fuck tell me who told that to you so I can strangle them for raping my native tongue.
IF the commercial isn't literal... why must any of it be literal? Can it not all be, oh, I don't know, Marketing Bullshit?
Take a guess at who said it :monster:

That's... not a smile.
uhm.. yeah it is XD
He looks pretty happy to me anyway.

Last edited:

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
I've been screaming this at them for a while now :monster:

Then yell it louder. YELL IT LOUDER MY HAWKMEN!

If you do, then BRIAN BLESSED AT THEM, MAN!

I'd post a video of Cheese from Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends saying "I like this game" but I don't have a fast enough connection :(

If you like petard hoist, begin hoisting.

Supposedly Nomura said nothing in ACC overwrites AC... or something :monster:

That's a make no goddamn sense.

Take a guess at who said it :monster:

She for whom this truly is a religion and Aerith is Jesus?

uhm.. yeah it is XD
He looks pretty happy to me anyway.

It's really not a smile. I know this is bordering on pure pedantry, but it's not a smile. He looks happy, satisfied even, but it's not a smile. The mouth hasn't turned upwards. There's no bunching of the needed muscles you use in forming a smile.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
It's really not a smile. I know this is bordering on pure pedantry, but it's not a smile. He looks happy, satisfied even, but it's not a smile. The mouth hasn't turned upwards. There's no bunching of the needed muscles you use in forming a smile.

it's a smile Ryu :monster:
It's a slight smile, but a smile. AT least that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu

it's a smile Ryu :monster:
It's a slight smile, but a smile. AT least that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Even if it is- and I do not agree that it is- my other two points
And not in the script.
And not at Aerith. She [AND ZACK!] are gone at that point.

Still apply.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
guys, obviously the only people who even remotely smile in that shot are tifa and aerith. I propose they are smiling at each other.

cloud obviously just needs to sneeze.

debate over.

Isn't the picture in the ultimania after they talk about Cloud smiling of the one while looking at Tifa and not the one at the end?

Wouldn't that be indication of which 'smile' they meant?

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
smile1j.jpg

Honestly, in ACC he starts smiling when the cheers erupts and doesn't change his expression until he sees Aerith, then almost starts smiling again when she leaves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom