Final Fantasy XV (was Versus XIII)

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
I'm not sure if I'm right on this, but as far as I can always remember, some Square Enix games usually get released on Saturdays in Australia.

Still, at least we're finally getting the game after ten agonising years.

Epsylon

Lv. 1 Adventurer
It seems like the rumors pointing to September 30th are getting strong. Gematsu says they have the same date from 3 different sources. Exciting!

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
Can't say I care what day of the week it's released on. Don't care much about the uncovered event either since I realized it'll be livestreaming. Plus cba to drive. Srsly do they not realize people have jobs to go to the next morning. Schedule these things on Friday nights, or like...early in the morning or something. :monster:

I'm hoping for worldwide release so we can feel feels together. <3 :monster:

Hisako

&#28040;&#12360;&#12394;&#12356;&#12402;&#12373;&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I don't think it seriously matters for a Final Fantasy game unless you're in Japan, in which case probably fucking hell would break loose if they were releasing one of the biggest mainline videogame franchises on a busy work day :monster:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
German voiceovers, eh? That's a new one for Final Fantasy. Bet they'll be terrible though :monster:

According to SE German PR, players can switch between German, English and Japanese audio

^This is very good news though.

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
I'm concerned about the fact that Latin American Spanish is being announced at the same time as German and French... yet no mention of European Spanish. There's going to be a big drama here.

Also, Kingdom Hearts 2 was dubbed in Spanish, back in the day. :monster:

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
German voiceovers, eh? That's a new one for Final Fantasy. Bet they'll be terrible though :monster:

This reminds me on how a friend of mine in Germany tells me all the hilarious and terrible German translation mistakes in the FFVII og. :awesome: Like one scene where Rufus's name is mispelled three times during the course of it :wacky:

Pixel

The Pixie King
Pretty interesting. My only concern is how much effort is going into lipsyncing. I'd imagine they're just trying to fit lines into the lip flaps as best they can, but if its not done well, its awkward. :/ The FF12 team ironed all of that out. I just hope they continue those standards with the increased workload.

Lex

Administrator
I don't have a clue if I'm going to play with English or Japanese voices tbh. Duscae voices were not up to scratch IMO. Say what you want about XIII, but it had an excellent English dub. XIV is a bit wooden sometimes, and XV isn't looking good. Prompto's seems pretty spot on, Noctis is alright and so is Gladio, Ignis isn't quite there. The JP voices are definitely superior. Maybe they're re-recording.

Mayo Master

Pro Adventurer
I'm concerned about the fact that Latin American Spanish is being announced at the same time as German and French... yet no mention of European Spanish. There's going to be a big drama here.

Also, Kingdom Hearts 2 was dubbed in Spanish, back in the day. :monster:
I can appreciate that! I remember my SO (from Mexico) who once tried to play a horror game dubbed in Castellano, and it was just impossible for her to get in the mood.
Btw, how does Latin American Spanish sounds to you, since you're from Spain? Is your 1st language Catalan?

On another subject, I don't know if it's been mentioned elsewhere (Edit - oh, yeah, here, sorry about that), but I got a rumor about a Sept 30th release date.

Awato

I like to draw
AKA
N/A
Airships confirmed!! & a FFXV PS4 console is in the works...... dammit :'( I knew I shouldn't have bought a PS4 last month!

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Airships confirmed!! & a FFXV PS4 console is in the works...... dammit :'( I knew I shouldn't have bought a PS4 last month!

Oh my God I just read the article fully and saw the airships being confirmed. Holy heck I am so happy to hear that! :excited:

Also Awato, I'm considering waiting for the VII remake before I buy a PS4 myself, to see if there's a special Remake edition... But I'm not sure if I can wait that long. :wacky:

Top Bottom