Final Fantasy XV (was Versus XIII)

Lex

Administrator
Me/ Tets normally post a detailed play-by-play as we watch them, but I was in the chat last night with you guys so I'd exhausted all my discussion need already XD.

The video is on the TLS twitch channel though - that is, the entire ATR with our chat over it <3.

Pixel

The Pixie King
Me/ Tets normally post a detailed play-by-play as we watch them, but I was in the chat last night with you guys so I'd exhausted all my discussion need already XD.

The video is on the TLS twitch channel though - that is, the entire ATR with our chat over it <3.

You should post that on facebook. I'm sure people would be interested.

Ghost X

There's something about Omnis Lacrima that reminds me a lot about a part of FFVIII's The Landing tune. Every time I listen to the former at about the 1:18 mark, I can hear in my head the part about 51 seconds into the latter. I think there's possibly some influence / borrowing going on. Is it just me? :P. Also, Omnis Lacrima is awesome :awesome:.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Huh. Could this be true? Apparently the code on the XV website hints at a PC version?

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/694546646185578496

I'll repost one of the post about FFXV PC that I found on Reddit.

Take this with a grain of salt. Some generic javascript on the FFXV website isn't definitive proof of this. I am a web developer and I reuse stuff all the time and this code could just be there because it was used in the last site they made.

This isn't confirmation that it's coming to Steam. This is confirmation that if it DOES come to Steam the website will display the link properly.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
I'm surprised they even decided to do a PC version, because I was certain that sometime in the past that they said they wouldn't do a PC version of FFXV.

Go figure. Oh well, I heard that the PC port will be mentioned in the gaming event next month...and hopefully a release that that doesn't say 2017 and says 2016.

Lex

Administrator
^They didn't. There's been no official word of a PC version other than "we're releasing on consoles first".

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare

Lex

Administrator
nIcMNGE.jpg

EBHb.jpg

Lex

Administrator
Square Enix showed the grey block map when talking about the Duscae region during an ATR. They also released a snapshot of that part of the world map with roads in it. So someone on NeoGAF put the in-game map from episode Duscae on the grey block map, then put that composite on the region map, then put the region map on the world map. The roads are on the map so it matches up perfectly and is accurate.

Basically the world is fucking huge. Obviously most of the area won't be "explorable" but the traversable area in Duscae was massive and it's just that tiny little red section on the map.

Also of note is that if you compare the two maps a river has appeared. There's a theory that at some point in the game the world map changes (i.e. said river appears), idk if that would be due to an event or periodically. But they've definitely shown these maps to us during ATR's.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I'm hyped for the March event. Livestream hangout anyone?

(although I think it's really fucking early for us Yurpeens)

Ghost X

*drool* I like these partial world map things. They always beg the question: what lies beyond? And make for good sequel fodder *crosses fingers for more Ivalice :P*. If these areas shown are most unable to be traveled on foot or by car... how about traveled over by airship or golden chocobo? :awesome:. Or has that been ruled out already? I can't remember all these details. Another question is: Does anyone see any interesting details in that map image? I think I do, but it is 3:50am, so cba thinking harder :awesome:.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Also of note is that if you compare the two maps a river has appeared. There's a theory that at some point in the game the world map changes (i.e. said river appears), idk if that would be due to an event or periodically. But they've definitely shown these maps to us during ATR's.

....seasonal map changes? Just a thought I had in mind. Day/night cycles are of course awesome already, but imagine if the seasons changed too.
Okay I know it's not gonna happen in this game but it sounds awesome anyway. :awesome:

Still though, some geographical changes would be an interesting thing to add regardless. I know it's been done before (FFIX...) but with a game this huge, as far as the world goes, it would be a cool effect.

Edit:
Another question is: Does anyone see any interesting details in that map image? I think I do, but it is 3:50am, so cba thinking harder :awesome:.
Interesting details like what? Now you have my attention. I'm going to be scanning this thing all morning. O_O

Also, dude, go to bed. :monster:

Lex

Administrator
I'm hyped for the March event. Livestream hangout anyone?

(although I think it's really fucking early for us Yurpeens)

I'd totally be up for streaming it, sure. I think it's supposed to be quite a long event though? Not that that'll stop us XD.

Flarepants said:
....seasonal map changes?

That's a thought! I was thinking it might be something to do with Altissia, what with all the water and the dams and shit there, maybe the city gets destroyed when Leviathan shows up and it releases the floodgates? It's a cool detail nonetheless :D

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Flarepants said:
....seasonal map changes?

That's a thought! I was thinking it might be something to do with Altissia, what with all the water and the dams and shit there, maybe the city gets destroyed when Leviathan shows up and it releases the floodgates? It's a cool detail nonetheless :D

Oh hey, that might be it, I forgot about Altissia for a moment (which is weird because I flippin' love the design of that place). Even if just some locations got changed like that through the course of the story, that would be cool.
Though if any city/place gets destroyed, it'd be nice if parts of them would eventually get rebuilt as you continue playing the game. I like seeing things continue on in games and not stagnate.

Ghost X

@Flare: Interesting details like how there are clearly large areas of discolouration that suggest large locations. There's little flecks of white most noticeably in bottom areas of the map, suggesting locations as well, but it is interesting the rest looks like there is a lot of nothing. I guess further potential locations might exist in the unique-looking land formations, which are littered throughout.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
@Flare: Interesting details like how there are clearly large areas of discolouration that suggest large locations. There's little flecks of white most noticeably in bottom areas of the map, suggesting locations as well, but it is interesting the rest looks like there is a lot of nothing. I guess further potential locations might exist in the unique-looking land formations, which are littered throughout.

Oh yeah, I thought the same the more I looked at it. I'm still wondering if those white specks are towns/cities or something else important? But two large discolored areas I'm pretty sure I've figured out. :monster: Here:
nicmnge_by_bahamutdeusmodus-d9re78s.jpg

With the help of the wiki, it points Altissia being in the giant discolored lagoon, and then the concept art for Insomnia is basically a giant cube-shape, so those two places are figured out. Now wondering where the other countries are.

Top Bottom