Final Fantasy XV (was Versus XIII)

Lex

Administrator
Go to 8:25 in this vid for a nice snapshot (not new, just funny):

That's a great channel if you get bored btw.

Last edited:

Lex

Administrator
I fixed it, like perhaps literally 5 seconds before you posted that because your post wasn't there when I refreshed on edit :monster:

Lex

Administrator
In the April 2016 issue of Game Informer magazine, Final Fantasy XV director Hajime Tabata expressed that he hopes that the ending of the game will make players cry. He says fans who devote so much time playing the game deserve to get an emotional ending.

“I want to create a very emotional ending to the game and want to make as many people cry as possible,” he told Game Informer. “You’re spending so many hours playing the game, so when I finish a game and it ends on a sour note and it doesn’t move me, it gets me disappointed. At least make me cry or give me some emotion! I want to give a moving ending for the consumers who invest so much time.”

He later moved on to say that he also hopes that Final Fantasy XV will have a similar impact in the community that Final Fantasy VII had.

“There are some team members that were here for VII,” he said. “They’re taking on the challenge of trying to exceed that title once more, which is a great motivator for them. FFVII sets a very high goal for us, but it serves as a good goal. It brought in new audiences, sales, and more.”

Tabata wants the ending to make players cry

Ngl, if that's their goal and I even remotely enjoy playing the game/ the story, I will. I have a thing for tearing up when I finish things and I'm not ashamed to admit it. It's linked to childhood where I'd cry when the credits rolled on Pingu/The Lion King until I figured out I could hit the rewind button. I think I've gotten emotional at every FF ending to date without fail (some more than others obviously, VII, IX and X being the standouts). So if it's AIMING to make me cry, I can't imagine it not happening XD.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
In the April 2016 issue of Game Informer magazine, Final Fantasy XV director Hajime Tabata expressed that he hopes that the ending of the game will make players cry. He says fans who devote so much time playing the game deserve to get an emotional ending.

“I want to create a very emotional ending to the game and want to make as many people cry as possible,” he told Game Informer. “You’re spending so many hours playing the game, so when I finish a game and it ends on a sour note and it doesn’t move me, it gets me disappointed. At least make me cry or give me some emotion! I want to give a moving ending for the consumers who invest so much time.”

He later moved on to say that he also hopes that Final Fantasy XV will have a similar impact in the community that Final Fantasy VII had.

“There are some team members that were here for VII,” he said. “They’re taking on the challenge of trying to exceed that title once more, which is a great motivator for them. FFVII sets a very high goal for us, but it serves as a good goal. It brought in new audiences, sales, and more.”
Tabata wants the ending to make players cry

Ngl, if that's their goal and I even remotely enjoy playing the game/ the story, I will. I have a thing for tearing up when I finish things and I'm not ashamed to admit it. It's linked to childhood where I'd cry when the credits rolled on Pingu/The Lion King until I figured out I could hit the rewind button. I think I've gotten emotional at every FF ending to date without fail (some more than others obviously, VII, IX and X being the standouts). So if it's AIMING to make me cry, I can't imagine it not happening XD.

I bawl my eyes out whenever I see something emotional in either games or movies. I cried my eyes out of the ending of Crisis Core of Zack's death, and the first Pokemon movie when Ash died before he was revived.

Yeah, I have a thing for tearing up too, and like you, Lex, it goes back to when I was a child, and I still do so to this day.

I somewhat knew that FFXV's ending would be emotional. I mean, they did say that this game would be much darker than the other previous Final Fantasy titles in history, and an ending that makes players cry their eyes out for several hours suits it's theme perfectly.

Unit-01

Might be around.
AKA
Sic, Anthony
Ok if this is the case I'm gonna make it a priority to not spoil myself for this game. Because I barely shed a tear at Zack's death, or Aerith's death... and I have been waiting for a time to actually get that emotional over a video game.

Lex

Administrator
I don't think I've ever been spoiled for an FF ending before (other than XIII-2's "to be continued" message, and that didn't spoil it for me).

Having said that, I've never cried when Aerith died and I think everyone knew Zack was going to die going into CC and it's still emotional XD. Not saying you shouldn't avoid spoilers, it's just that I'm not a person who goes on media blackouts until release day and I don't think I've ever been spoiled by anything big before.

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
roxas9001, Krat0s9001, DarkSlayerZero
I think I'm emotionally spent because the last time I cried for a game had to be back in 03 with FFX and I only did because Auron got sent or it might've been god of war 3's ending.

I still get emotional though like when a certain guy died in mass effect and I straight up rage quit mid cutscene when I thought another one died.

Ghost X

♫ Someone's going to die~. Someone's going to die~. And it is going to be drilled home in the ending~ ♫... just like it was in all the FFs that made me cry :awesome:. If it is just Noctis's father, or something fairly obvious like that, which I imagine happening early in the game, I will be disappointed, as I think we all see this happening from a mile away.

Lex

Administrator
Given that my prediction for this story is that Noctis's father as has been shown is actually not his real father and ends up being the villain, that seems fairly likely (to me). I have pretty much zero evidence for this but I get that vibe. I think a big part of the story is going to be "not my real daddy" issues. From what we've seen, Noctis is fairly melancholic if not stable in personality. I'd put money on a Zidane-esque breakdown somewhere halfway to two-thirds through the game. And I look forward to it, just like SE-senpai wants me to~

Unit-01

Might be around.
AKA
Sic, Anthony
I don't think I've ever been spoiled for an FF ending before (other than XIII-2's "to be continued" message, and that didn't spoil it for me).

Having said that, I've never cried when Aerith died and I think everyone knew Zack was going to die going into CC and it's still emotional XD. Not saying you shouldn't avoid spoilers, it's just that I'm not a person who goes on media blackouts until release day and I don't think I've ever been spoiled by anything big before.

Lex the one thing I was going to point out is I played CC before FF7 so at the time(I was like in 4th grade) I had no clue how the game was going to turn out. But it's been so long that I may have spoiled myself on my first play though, but I can't remember.

Either way hopefully this game comes out in the summer because I'd love to play it now.

Also in the past I haven't cared too much about spoilers, but now I understand why people say they don't want to be, you get less of an emotional impact by knowing what happens already.

Mayo Master

Pro Adventurer
Also in the past I haven't cared too much about spoilers, but now I understand why people say they don't want to be, you get less of an emotional impact by knowing what happens already.
Not only that, but personally, the feeling of discovery is very important when I first play through a game. IMO that's a key aspects of the scenes that will give a "Wow!" moment.

Lex

Administrator
I'm trying not to be disappointed that KindaFunnyGames is hosting it. It's a rather random thing SE have done by approaching them to do that.

Lex

Administrator
Omg see the butthurt people everywhere screaming "BUT THAT'S A FRIDAY AND GAMES DON'T RELEASE ON FRIDAY". There's an entire fucking world outside of the US dipshits. Games release on a Friday in Europe so this pretty much confirms worldwide release date, which they've been saying since the beginning.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Sounds Plausible. Let's wait and see if this rumor is true on the 30th of this month. Or is it the 31st? I can't rememeber. But if this is true, then hey, September might be the good month.

Too bad it's 28 days after my birthday, though.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Omg see the butthurt people everywhere screaming "BUT THAT'S A FRIDAY AND GAMES DON'T RELEASE ON FRIDAY". There's an entire fucking world outside of the US dipshits. Games release on a Friday in Europe so this pretty much confirms worldwide release date, which they've been saying since the beginning.

...people complain about games being released on a Friday? Like what? :wacky:
Why would you ever complain about games being released. I don't care if XV was released on a Wednesday at 2pm, I'm going to be so flippin' excited :awesome:

Anyway, the date does seem plausible. :monster:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I would imagine it's not complaining about the day but they think the fact that the date is a Friday means that the rumor is wrong.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Which is silly, because games releasing on a Tuesday may be the standard in the US but it's not a set-in-stone law.

Lex

Administrator
I actually did a bit of reading on this a little while back (I was frustrated at the timing disparity, given that gaming kind of has no boundaries because of online it's frustrating that your online friends are sometimes playing the same games a week before you're able to).

It's a retail thing. Most new media in the early 90's was released on a Tuesday (music and DVD's/Blu-Ray's still are, for example) because retail stores had deliveries and setting up/ stock days on Mondays which were generally the quietest days, in preparation for a Tuesday launch purely because of the delivery timing for retail. The UK specifically moved games (and only games) to Friday releases for two reasons - one was the nature of gaming (it makes more sense to launch at the weekend where free time is generally more available for people). The other was actually in part due to Sega, who requested a Friday Mega Drive launch in the UK for the same reason. Since the Mega Drive was ridiculously popular in the UK, going so far as to dwarf the SNES in sales even though the SNES had something like a 70% market share in that generation; they launched most Mega Drive games on a Friday and it became the standard to do so here after a while.

There should obviously be a worldwide unified release day now, what with digital and online buying from the likes of Amazon making "stock days" etc. pretty redundant. There have only been a handful of worldwide releases that I can remember, and they have to be negotiated between the sellers and the publishers to avoid confusion. The reason they wait to release digitally rather than going worldwide at the first instance is to avoid pissing off physical retailers and having them refuse to stock future products (although given the decline in physical retail use it's only a matter of time anyway).

At least we know why, even if it does suck. I'm really happy publishers are going to the effort of a unified release date for things like the upcoming XV and Uncharted 4 though.

Top Bottom