Final Fantasy XV (was Versus XIII)

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
^Lith mentioned it'd be cool to stream it on a Skype call maybe? I prefer Skype myself but I can do Google Hangout too.

I think with the googlehangout, there's the option of streaming what someone's screen looks like, so rather than everyone have it open, we still just have the googlehangout open and watch it, and then can also still see everyone's reactions as it's happening.

As opposed to skype, we have it open but.. everyone also has to have it open?

Unit-01

Might be around.
AKA
Sic, Anthony
We need to add people to the Skype group. I assume we are still doing it right? I just got my schedule this week for school and should be completely free by the time it comes on Wednesday.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
I think with the googlehangout, there's the option of streaming what someone's screen looks like, so rather than everyone have it open, we still just have the googlehangout open and watch it, and then can also still see everyone's reactions as it's happening.

I'm actually not sure what you mean by 'everyone has to have it open' for Skype and that they don't have to for Google Hangouts. :wacky: Erm... explain more? <3

Slipstreamer

Rookie Adventurer
The teaser hints at a theme song announcement ("seen or heard before", plus who will the hosts be talking too? Game developers aren't that interesting, really).

So I bet they announce the theme song, and it's by someone who is at least moderately famous in the West, i.e., a Westerner.

I bet it's a boy band, to go with this game's increasingly lame aura. I also guarantee the announcement will overshadow all the other news and you'll all be fed up of hearing about it. Maybe it's One Direction!

Maybe I'm wrong and they announce Uematsu will be back to do some of the music. Or maybe it's just a short chat with Yoko Shimomura.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy

I'm actually not sure what you mean by 'everyone has to have it open' for Skype and that they don't have to for Google Hangouts. :wacky: Erm... explain more? <3

I mean, the video, sorry. xD

On Googlehangouts, there's the option to stream what your computer is doing, so one person can have the stream going with everyone watching it from their window.... ergo, you'd need just the hangout open and watch the video as well as people's reactions on the side as it's happening.

As opposed to skype, you need the two things separate and everyone has to have the stream open in their browser and wouldn't be able to see each other as it's happening.

Last edited:

Unit-01

Might be around.
AKA
Sic, Anthony
Well I'll use whatever we need to, although I am not familiar with Hangouts. Although it can't be that difficult to use.

Lex

Administrator
We don't use the google hangout to stream though, I use Obs to capture the screen from the stream and overlay the hangout on top of it, which is what I'll be doing this time (so no to skype. Aside from being annoying to use, it's really really bad on bandwidth and system load while streaming. Memory leaks etc., it's just shitty these days).

This is subject to change because we might be streaming to the TLS YouTube directly instead, which makes more sense since that's where all our premier video content ends up. I'll update when I've set up/ researched it, but it's 99% likely going to be a google hangout :)

Lex

Administrator
Most of you won't know this but the style of the graphics they're using (fonts etc.) are incredibly XIV-like. So much so that when I look at the sites I'm slightly put off, just because my brain thinks this is a XIV event. I wish they'd gone with a more modern stylish design to really make it stand out.

Lex

Administrator
Ooooo also the uncovered event artwork is now outside the venue:

CerhCuYWAAABOMG.jpg:orig

AMANO HYPE

(right click open image in new tab then zoom in, I see Bahamut, Titan, Odin, Shiva, Leviathan and a few I'm not sure about. Someone said Doomtrain? FFVIII vibes indeed XD)

giphy.gif

EDIT: Wow I just noticed the car in the image. Fuck sake amano.

Last edited:

Lex

Administrator
Jesus the people at NeoGAF are fast

(as usual, right click open image in new tab or you won't see shit)

LcBoKNj.jpg

Lex

Administrator
I might be a little late, but I should be there.

Glad to hear it forciepants, choo choo haipu

Alright so I pose a question before tomorrow - do we stream to YouTube or Twitch? The problem with streaming to YouTube is that if the channel gets smacked with a takedown because we technically don't have permission to be doing this, it puts the channel in jeopardy. Which we simply can't have for obvious reasons.

The TLS Twitch however has no such limitation, because all we do there is livestream (we don't VOD). I don't think there would be a problem streaming to YouTube, but we can't be sure. This isn't like E3 or PS Experience where the companies have said "it's OK to re-stream".

Thoughts please?

also have a random video someone made

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
If it's gonna go on the Twitch can someone link me to the regular video because for some reason Twitch hates me. It's always lagging anytime I've been watching something. Damn my 56k modem :monster:

Unit-01

Might be around.
AKA
Sic, Anthony
^^I'm still rather confused on this myself. So are we all going to be communicating thru google hangout or like just the Youtube/Twitch chat?

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
My thoughts: Playable FFVIIR demo packaged with XV. That's all I can really anticipate happening.

Also, better be safe than sorry. Do Twitch.

Lex

Administrator
To clarify once more - if you want to join the voice chat there will be a google hangout. Google hangouts are literally just a link you click and it brings you to the group, just make sure you're wearing headphones and are in an otherwise quiet environment (seriously guys, no background noise). Not only because it's shitty to people trying to have a conversation, but because people watching are listening to the stream as well as our voices.

So, the voice chat will be google hangout. The text chat will be using the twitch channel - all you have to do is log in to twitch. Since all twitch chats are just IRC's technically, there might be a way to integrate the TLS IRC in there, but it'd be better to just log in to twitch.

Short version:

voice chat over google hangout
stream via twitch (probably)
text chat via twitch
we will be streaming our voices and the stream simultaneously over twitch

The way it works is all of us who are using our voices use the hangout and watch the official source stream so we see everything at roughly the same time. Everyone who is watching the stream and listening to us will be watching only the TLS Twitch (or YouTube, if we decide to use YouTube, which we probably won't). You can then interact with all of us via the text chat that is naturally on Twitch.

Channy, Twitch should be fine, I'm making the settings fairly bandwidth-friendly. Note however that even with bandwidth-friendly settings, if you have a torrent client or anything like it open Twitch is a cunt about it. I have 100 fibre optic broadband and twitch is still a dick even though I limit the bandwidth usage of all my software. If you want to watch the twitch stream, shut the rest of your shit off and you'll be good.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
See but they as the weird thing is that I'll have literally nothing else going on (except the google hangout) and the twitch will still be a dick but I dunno. I'll try defragging my laptop tonight too because there's no way I'm letting it lag on me during this. (Otherwise you'll just hear me in the background "what?! What's happening?!" )

Pixel

The Pixie King
If I'm not around, could you record the audio? Then I can overlay it on a stream later. Im not sure if stuff like this is right for youtube. I want to make it more of a hub for stuff, but I dont think the audience on YT like longform stuff. There are people who unsub because of the podcast being on there, but tbh, if they're that pissy about it, they're not our audience.

Top Bottom