• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Flare's artwork

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I just noticed those portraits – good work! I also had the same first thought as Octo about them being naked. Great minds, eh?

We may have to commission you to do a bit of work for TLS sometime soon. :)

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
^Hehe thanks Flint! :properhug: Naked portraits are best :awesome:

Also I'd totally love to do something for TLS in the future if ya'll wanted. ^_^

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Everyone will be pleased to hear that more naked TLS chibi faces are in the works, but it might be a couple weeks before I get them finished. Waiting for more reference pics to surface :reptar:

Anyhow, have a Vetra Nyx speedpaint fanart (2-3 hours to do?). I got the voice actor to retweet this on Twitter, aaaaah! <3 https://twitter.com/DanielleRayne/status/846089428506329088

vetra_nyx_speedpaint_by_bahamutdeusmodus-db3wf5h.jpg

And Kaori from Your Lie in April. Haven't watched this but Joe gave it raving reviews. Then I saw her character design and loved it, so I had to do a quick sketch. :D

kaori___your_lie_in_april_by_bahamutdeusmodus-db3wcol.jpg

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Yaaaaaaaaaaay Kaori, you really captured her in the original art style, it's so bootiful <3

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Awesome stuff Flare. Also, Squall lighten up for fucks sake you have a beautiful girl in your arms! :lol:

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
chestnut_violin_by_bahamutdeusmodus-db8vyd2.jpg

2 hour speedpaint, wanted to paint someone playing the violin ^_^ This was mostly just me being super inspired to paint with colors <3 Good practice! Could be much better but I need to paint more to get better. I really enjoyed this, I want to do more speedpaints like this in the future!
I really like the brown and amber tones everywhere <3
Here's the original reference pic. Sadly I'm not sure who to credit for it:
18403917_1303438309771336_5256727793645902259_o.jpg

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Awesome stuff! Forgive me if I already asked, what program do you use for these?

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Aaaa your works are really good ! Your stuff looks very clean and has nice rendering

Thanks! :properhug: I never think of it looking clean when it's just a sketch with flowing/sketchy lines, but if I'm making it a full detailed illustration, I can be extremely anal about making the lines look extremely clean and perfect :wacky:

Awesome stuff! Forgive me if I already asked, what program do you use for these?

Thanks <3 ^_^
I just use the Autodesk Sketchbook program, it's fairly simple and also cheap to get a premium membership for ($30 for a year subscription iirc, which gives you access to layers, more brushes, tools, etc). Honestly I love it, I like the simplicity of it and yet it still has some nice tools/features.
I tried a version of Photoshop but was overwhelmed by it :wacky: Also tried Corel Painter, which is okay, but Sketchbook's simplicity and clean look drew me in the most.

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
aaaaahhh the shine on the violin is almost hypnotic. The whole atmosphere you've created here is just lovely <3 And dem hands doe. Hands are my nemesis. :rage: But yours are lovely! <3 ^_^

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Flaaaaaaaare.

I want you to draw some Sylleblossoms from XV. I want to see what you do with all that blue! :joy:

I like this idea! o.o Hmm if I have extra time this weekend, I'll draw some ^_^

aaaaahhh the shine on the violin is almost hypnotic. The whole atmosphere you've created here is just lovely <3 And dem hands doe. Hands are my nemesis. :rage: But yours are lovely! <3 ^_^

I didn't know if I got the shine right, or if it was done very well at all; glad to hear it looks decent. :D Thankssss <3 I actually love drawing hands, I get more frustrated with arms I think :awesome: I remember you saying you have trouble with hands. I use my own for a lot of reference when drawing them, or find good reference pics online. Can never have too much reference!

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
^Thank you <3

I actually tried a couple times to sketch in the features of his face more, but it didn't look right to me. It 'felt better' to leave them blurred and indistinct. ^_^

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
okami_amaterasu_speedpaint_by_bahamutdeusmodus-db9b1s0.jpg

Latest speedpaint. I actually wasn't fond of it about half way through, and fussed over it maybe being too chaotic, but I like the end result and eh, fuck it, it's a sun goddess, she can be a little chaotic :P

....I really do like it >.> <3

Last edited:

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
tls_mind_the_pom_chibis_by_bahamutdeusmodus-db9expz.jpg

Obvsiouly posting this on TLS too, FGJ :awesome:

Can I just say, I know it took me a while, but ultimately I had a lot of fun doing this and looked at pictures of you guys over and over and over and over while drawing to make sure I made you all recognizable :monster: and used Joe as a tester sometimes to make sure someone else thought so too... In a totally un-stalker-like way I've used/found 100+ pics for repeated reference for the past month and a half :wacky: slowly deletes pics from computer :wacky:

Ahem, where was I :awesome: Even though these are chibis and not like realistic portraits, it was fun seeing all the differences in the faces from an artist's point of view. This stuff is fun, yes. Although you men could have a bigger variety of hair color...

Thanks to everyone for providing me with eye color details and pics from Mind the Pom, it's what made this possible. ^_^ You can bet I'll continue this for every TLS member who attends KupoCon for the first time. :awesome: Be prepared.

Jesus fuck why does everyone look so good irl.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
I didn't notice on the facebook version but you've even captured my chipmunk cheeks! :lol:

RedFFWolf

Donator
@Okami picture
This is downright beautiful.

But I'm honestly sick of you and your talent - stop giving me the insecurities :awesome:
(Not like I draw/paint etc. anyway, but still you're putting me in awe and I don't get put into awe regularly - how dare you!)

You know I'm kiddin'. Never stop, you great, big, lovable talent :)

EDIT: Whoops, had the above typed but not yet posted, and now I see the other picture!
Exceptional how well you've captured them all!

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Jesus fuck why does everyone look so good irl.
sSuc.png

I just busted up laughing :wacky:

I didn't notice on the facebook version but you've even captured my chipmunk cheeks! :lol:

I try and include little facial details like that for everyone, if relevant :awesome: Hope it looks good, you're adorable so :D

@Okami picture
This is downright beautiful.

But I'm honestly sick of you and your talent - stop giving me the insecurities :awesome:
(Not like I draw/paint etc. anyway, but still you're putting me in awe and I don't get put into awe regularly - how dare you!)

You know I'm kiddin'. Never stop, you great, big, lovable talent :)

EDIT: Whoops, had the above typed but not yet posted, and now I see the other picture!
Exceptional how well you've captured them all!

Aww thanks Alan :loveglomp: No, I shall not stop, not ever! :awesome: I will continue to subject you to my art!

Seriously though, don't have to worry about me stopping, it's one of the things I love doing most in my life. And thank you for all the lovely things you continue to say :properhug:

Have some hearts! <3 <3 <3 :awesome:

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Aww thanks Lex <3
I've been feeling seriously happy all day by the reception to this. Thanks guys for making my day. ;-; <3

Top Bottom