Flare's artwork

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Right so I would love to do a quick sketch/speedpaint tonight of something FF that took a Halloween turn. I'm open for ideas while I work on more serious art right now, so if you have something you wanna see, hit me with a suggestion. :monster:

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Okay this is all I could think of. 4 minutes left of the day and here, have a happy Halloween :wackymonster:

black_mage_halloween_chibi__by_bahamutdeusmodus-dan1c1y.jpg

jacoobmiller

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Jmills or Jacoob
Which program do you use? I've been seeing great things about the new Surface Pros with the pens.

Happy Little Lemon

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Sledged
Yeah - I loved looking at your sketches and speedpaints! Amazing work! You've really made me miss doing more arty things. Might dig out my old sketchbooks and weep over them later :lol: Your keyrings are adorable too, again, I miss doing all that, the only models I've made in last few years have been for my nephew and they always end up chipped/smooshed depending on what they were made from :P

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
^Thank you! :properhug: <3

Ooh so you've done some art too? If you'd like you could always make a thread for some of your artwork here! What's a favorite thing you like doing, art-wise?

Happy Little Lemon

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Sledged
Well, back in the day, a lot of drawing, and coloured pencils when I was still scared of paint, then painting, (watercolours, later oils, acrylic for schoolwork sometimes, I switched to digital when I was about 18 and got an intuos 3) and I originally wanted to study architecture when I left school so I used to go to my uncle's house to work on portfolio stuff for the interviews using his fancy Rotring pens and markers :P Mostly it's all boxed up, bar the odd loose page and a thing I did when I was 14 that doesn't fit in a box so it lies behind the desk here :lol: It was a total fluke sketch that I did in minutes and my art teacher wouldn't mark it because I spent so little time on it (wtf?). I found it during a house move and was like 'huh, this is neat' so I keep it to remind me that sometimes people are arseholes or on crack. Boring/depressing tl;dr as to why I don't do a lot now. Apart from with my nephew, or the odd doodle.

I played around with Photoshop and 3ds max a lot as a a teenager, totally legally of course :whistle: and have some portfolio stuff from the years when I worked in architecture, producing images for marketing/planning, been out of that a few years so I'm sure they look dated as fuck now! It wasn't the most creative thing to do anyhow, there was an established style I had to work within, and the most dreadful creative input or incomprehensible lists of amendments from some clients (personal favourite - a marketing fellow saying 'can we hit the beige button on this?' Yet to work out precisely what he wanted, his explanations did not help, you can't communicate clearly using strings of buzzwords tacked together but he hadn't figured this out >_>). How I got into that and why I no longer do it is another boring tl;dr. My eldest brother still does it for a living so I help him out with a bit of modeling from time to time, but it mostly feels like those years were someone else's life. Someone who did nothing but work and had no life at all :lol:

I think I would cry looking at finished pieces, but wouldn't mind looking at or sharing some sketchbook pages, although I used to write ideas and jokes in between or around the edges of sketches. Brother has orders to burn them if I die before him, lest pictures of girls and octopuses riding bicycles fall into the wrong hands :wacky: Oh and I still sew a little bit, (but that's only because I can't get clothes to fit right and have to sort them out) and have been known to improve alter Biblical pop-up books to give as gifts, then accidentally annoy people by putting pictures on Facebook :monster: And lo, you have all been assaulted by another big chunk of my life... I'm sorry, I'm very ranty and nostalgic at the moment!

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
You're not fooling anyone, black mage!!

I mean, uh, here's a candy! It's a tootsie roll, try not to get it stuck in your.... uh....

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
kupocon_the_big_pom_chibi_portraits_by_bahamutdeusmodus-dayg8bi.jpg

A bit overdue, but here's a chibi portrait of everyone from TLS who attended The Big Pom :awesome: (Channy's there too as she met with Ite right before he went down there!)

I edited Lith and Carlie's faces a bit to match the quality of the rest; I did those two first and I hadn't gotten the feel of it yet.

If you guys going to Mind the Pom provide pics, I shall provide chibis to you too. :wacky:

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
THEY'RE NAKED! I KNEW IT! :awesome:

These are really cool Flare.

RedFFWolf

Donator
There are even more going to MTP, so plenty of nakedness to go around ^_^

I appreciate my chibi's face shape, 'cause by the time I was home on Tuesday I had become rather gaunt my face was more the shape of a triangle.

Anyway, fair play on doing all this, Flare! :)

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
^Because I didn't think about it. :wacky: Here it is!

happy_birthday_ignis__by_bahamutdeusmodus-dayh4hz.jpg

THEY'RE NAKED! I KNEW IT! :awesome:

These are really cool Flare.

What's better than a TLS Orgy? A naked one :awesome: Thanks Octo :properhug:

There are even more going to MTP, so plenty of nakedness to go around ^_^

I appreciate my chibi's face shape, 'cause by the time I was home on Tuesday I had become rather gaunt my face was more the shape of a triangle.

Anyway, fair play on doing all this, Flare! :)

I feel like I couldn't get everyone's face to a full proper likeness :I But I think you can tell who's who, so I'm glad you approve :D I saw pics of you when you got home, you did look pretty tired! :cuppa: Thanks Red ^_^

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
So, pretty soon I'll have some more time on my hands for art stuffs. I wanted to do more speedpaints for FF things. Was thinking about doing another logo for one of the games, so, any preferences for a logo I should try next?

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
While this thread is at the top of my feed, let me say that my next tattoo is going to be an amalgamation of fandom designed by Flare herself. I'm gonna have some bitchin' body art designed by a resident TLS'er! :thor:

Top Bottom