AC/CC >> Remake Buster Sword Changes

Theozilla

Kaiju Member

Lol sounds like Nomura forgot he requested for Takeya
Is he saying he doesn't know why the Buster Sword got changed with a new design for Advent Children, or is he saying he doesn't why the Advent Children/Compilation Buster Sword was changed for the Crisis Core remaster?

If it is indeed the former, yeah he's simply forgetting (and to be fair he is in his 50s now)

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
The gold hilt was always the true Buster Sword.

Takeya straight up cookin' with these designs. What the fuck, where have these been???

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Nomura recently said he had no idea why the design changed in the first place and didn't think he approved it so they just changed it back for Remake lol.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Oh yeah turns out Takeya did drawings of Safer Sephiroth and Knights of the Round. You can see the same Jōmon Pottery asthetic on them.

Well, there's a new artbook that I need to obtain, so thanks for sharing that!

Additionally, the DFF video from a week before that one is even better, because they literally have both of the Buster Swords in the same shot together a little after 3 minutes in. Behold it in all of its side-by-side glory:

Screenshot 2023-11-12 at 9.19.44 PM.png

Truly this design discrepancy is the gift that keeps on giving. :monster:

X :neo:

Elkazor

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Cinder Wing
Just wait. Rebirth will reveal that both designs are actually correct bc one is from the Remake timeline while the other is from either the original timeline or the Zack timeline :desuawesomonster:

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer
The gold hilt was always the true Buster Sword.

Takeya straight up cookin' with these designs. What the fuck, where have these been???
It's the concept for the old Final Fantasy Creatures Archive figurine.

2337070.jpeg

Honestly surprised I remembered the figure and the name of the sculptor, given I'm not tapped into the figurine / statue scene at all. He just happens to be one of the very few figurine sculptors I know the name of, because I was actually interested in the woodtone Revoltech figure series he did of Buddhist mythological figures. Way out of my price range though.

Top Bottom