• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Adventchildren.net is… totally gone

Draexin

Lv. 1 Adventurer
Yarp, :monster:. I have to admit I don't really remember you, <_<. I was probably too distracted by DrAmAhZ, lol

Oh the Dramahh.. yea I remember that :desu:
It wasn't contained to just the online forums, it spilled over to IRL as well :P I've sent you a PB with a pic of the group at its largest.
I only remember the real names of Darky, Gabrielle and you though. The rest is a bit fuzzy though :lol:

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
It comes as no surprise though. FFVII is what brought everyone together, revealed like-minded people, so to speak. But although old passions die hard, they do die after a long while.
It's not at all surprising, considering some people have been around for over a decade. In some ways I consider TLS a hang-out for old friends first, and an FF7 forum second. New info usually sparks some life into the community, but inevitably we all fall back into the humdrum of waiting around for the next thing to come along, and discussion trails off elsewhere. The discord server takes this to a much larger extreme though, and I know a number of the old users are far more active there than here at this point, like Lex or Yop or Fancy. It's not a good thing or a bad thing, it's just how it is.

Lestat

He/him
AKA
Ergo, V
The thing about the fandom is that it changed a lot of us in ways we didn't expect. I was 16 (I think) when I first went to acf and I'm now 33 and still talk to folk I met on the forums. Some I've met in real life and can seriously say have change my life for the better, though it started with FF and I think the fandom will always hold a place in my heart I tend to stick around because of the people more than the franchise.

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
@Ergo

I would agree with that. I remember in the early days there would be a TON of discussion on the OG games but things change as you get older Its hard to believe this forum and ACF together has been part of my life for I wanna say 13/14 years now??

Sure I don't play FF as much anymore I haven't even played the remake yet,nor do I interact so much but unless this place shuts down i'll always be on here, too many good memories and the people here really make those memories.

Well now I didn't expect this to hit the nostalgia feels so much.

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
I was 12 when I joined ACF and it had a profoundly positive effect on my writing. It was also the first time I was exposed to atheism so it was a very formative experience in my life. I didn't have many friends, especially not nerd friends, so it was an important outlet for me.

TLS has been my bastion of sanity during Covid times. This community means a lot to me. I feel a lot less lonely because of you guys.

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
In some ways I consider TLS a hang-out for old friends first, and an FF7 forum second. New info usually sparks some life into the community, but inevitably we all fall back into the humdrum of waiting around for the next thing to come along, and discussion trails off elsewhere.

I certainly think about FF7 everyday, but it's nothing substantial enough to post about. Stuff like "Mako Reactor is such a good track" or "I wish I was playing Dirge of Cerberus RIGHT NOW" haha. Occasionally I organize my thoughts enough to make a post. But yeah, the community is great here so it's just as fun to post in the non-FF7 threads.

Top Bottom