Arkham Has Moved

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X

We'll be honest with you, folks -- we want nothing more than to dress as the pastel, '70s-era Batman while we prance around Arkham City. That'd just be tops. Unfortunately, we don't live in Australia, where the EB Games-exclusive "Steelbook Edition" comes with the blue-tinged DLC, along with a few more bat-themed goodies.

Buyers of the "Steelbook Edition" also get their game in a fancy metal box, access to the "Joker Carnival" Challenge Map DLC, and a copy of the "Batman: Under the Red Hood" animated film on DVD (or Blu-ray, should you buy the PS3 version). And for $98 AUD ($107 USD), they'll be paying exactly the same price as Aussies buying the regular edition at other game retailers.

They'd better bundle all this goddamn DLC and make it available to everyone at some point.

X :neo:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
4czmN.png

GUESS WHICH ONE I WANT.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
So, in that picture:

• Batman Beyond
• TDKR (different model too?)
• Earth One
• 1970's Era Batman
• TAS (different model too?)
• (normal Arkham City version?)

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck, I can only imagine how much the DLC bundle pack for all of these is going to be, but I still hope that there is one. I hope that some information about American pre-order locations crops up soon, so I can make my preorder. (I also wonder if the Batman Beyond skin pops out wings when gliding, since it lacks a cape).

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
It's fucking Dark Knight Returns batman. Jesus you fucking people.

Anyway, the year one skin will be available too, and all of the content will be available for download after release.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Wicked. Thanks much. It looks like I'll have until their announcement during gamescom to decide whether anywhere will shake my plan to preorder from Bestbuy, as I'm placing my preorder when I pick up Deus Ex. Timing sounds grand to me. I'm curious if they'll sell the skins individually, as a bundle, or both.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Looks like the game got a T rating, no big surprise here, but glad it didn't get mired with any last minute issues. Here's to hope that the rating translates well in the other regions, though based on the descriptions, I can't see anything that would risk sidelining it.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Gamesradar Video Interview with Dax Ginn (can't find a youtube link).

There's some pretty good stuff in here about the differences in combat style between Batman, Catwoman, & Robin and a little about their gadgets. Also talks about how you keep track of the main objectives within the open world environment, and that, if you liked what they did with Batman's psychology in Arkham Asylum, you're going to love Arkham City. SUPER exciting. Can hardly wait.

I also believe there're a few new screenshots:

BACN1.jpg

BACN2.jpg

BACN3.jpg

BACN4.jpg

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Oh god how the hell am I supposed to beat that!? D:

So much for sending him to the cooler!

AKA
L, Castiel, Scotty Mc Dickerson
I actually like that he is shown in this game, I always wanted to know if he was still inside his cell during the arkham asylum games since you continually see references of all the loonies escaping but Freeze is one of only a few that really need pre-requisites before he could escape.
I mean, I highly doubt they kept his suit nearby to his cell considering the placement of where it is.

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
Arkham Guard #1: Hey, how come Freeze's suit is in the closet right by his cell?!

Guard #2: Joker set the joint on fire a month before we hired you. Freeze almost died since we couldn't evacuate him.

Guard #1: But... couldn't we have a suit made for him that doesn't grant him super-strength when he wears it? Or at least store the cold gun somewhere else?!

Guard #2: Now that's just crazy talk man.

:monster:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Looks like Arkham City is getting the full 3D treatment, for folks with & without 3DTV's.

You won't have to wait for a "Game of the Year" version to play Batman: Arkham City in 3D. When the game ships in October, it'll have two varieties of 3D support built in. The Xbox and PS3 versions will be playable in stereoscopic 3D on compatible televisions, using active-shutter glasses. The PC version will include Nvidia 3D Vision tech to support 3D output on compatible TVs or monitors, if you happen to have a GeForce GPU.

In addition, the game supports regular old anaglyph 3D when played on an HDTV with "3D glasses available for the video game." This is likely the same TriOviz tech used in Arkham Asylum. So even if you don't have a fancy 3DTV (and just a fancy HDTV), you can see some cape virtually up in your face.

AKA
L, Castiel, Scotty Mc Dickerson
Arkham Guard #1: Hey, how come Freeze's suit is in the closet right by his cell?!

Guard #2: Joker set the joint on fire a month before we hired you. Freeze almost died since we couldn't evacuate him.

Guard #1: But... couldn't we have a suit made for him that doesn't grant him super-strength when he wears it? Or at least store the cold gun somewhere else?!

Guard #2: Now that's just crazy talk man.

:monster:

I just finished playing that scene, when the hell is that said O.o

Top Bottom