Arkham Has Moved

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Some low-quality footage of Robin from a BestBuy ad.

While the it's been confirmed through trophy lists that Dick Grayson/Nightwing being playable is official, the images are from this thread, so I'm not sure how legitimate they currently are: http://arkhamcity.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5763

•
6210880180_820b9eec74_o.jpg

•
6210880354_3edb9b444e_o.jpg

•
6210368143_cb4d30892e_o.jpg

•
264p8ih.jpg

•
2hhoh34.jpg

•
2crr0cx.jpg

•
x51ape.jpg

X :neo:

AKA
L, Castiel, Scotty Mc Dickerson
Love me some
Nightwing.

Ok so I just ordered the steelbox catwoman edition of Arkham City and it states for expected delivery date 19th of October......innerestin.

Sheva Alomar

I'm Alive and on Fire
AKA
Adri, Sir Integra, Fiona, Sango
You know you want to be spoiled with some things for a game like this, anyway.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Check 8 pages ago.
Not exactly secret stuff.

Actually, if you're referring to the Robin Announcement that's connected to the BestBuy Pre-order (in NA), this is a something entirely separate. Aside from Batman, Robin, & Catwoman - this 4th character has only been mentioned in my latest two posts, and it hasn't even been officially announced. It was only found through looking at Trophy Lists. I had made explicit points of spoiler tagging it, so I'm re-adding spoiler tags over the content until it's officially announced (which should be happening fairly soon). Not everyone likes those types of spoilers.

In other news: It looks like there's an online pass that will make Catwoman playable in challenge missions, and add 4 extra in-game missions for Catwoman. They're connected to the main storyline, and total ~3-4 hours, and includes a meeting with Poison Ivy. There should be a more official announcement soon, but it looks like it's included with the game. (Assumedly this means that you'll have to purchase the pass separately if you get the game used).

There's an 'Official' Robin Trailer on the internets now from the Scandinavian Gamestop's Advert:

Yet another trailer with quite a few new little clips.

Lastly there's also a hitherto unannounced villian in PSN's Qore this month (video below):
batman105.jpg
Keep in mind that this video has a number of new clips that are all included in the above trailer as well as a lot more. It might be a little bit spoilerish, just because of little clips being used that have hitherto remained unreleased show more of what you're doing in the city with the various characters. If you just want a quick look, here're the main bits to watch:
• New villians footage at 1:26 - 1:35, 1:58 - 2:02, & 3:25 - 3:43. (New baddie at 3:39)
• Some miscellaneous new Batman footage at 6:05-6:16.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
With one week to go, they've finally released the official artwork for the 4th character, Nightwing.

The DLC releases are as follows:

• Nightwing will be available November 1st.
• Robin will be availabe November 22nd.
• The Batman skins will be available December 1st.

Nightwing2.jpg

Strange is also "releasing a prisoner a day" over the next 3 days on Twitter (which likely entails images or other details). Today is between Catwoman & the Riddler.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
FUCKING BAIL OUT SPOILERS EVERYWHERE

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Thanks for the heads up, dude.

WELP. I guess this means that I'm going on information lockdown now. Kotaku already ruined one part a bit back that I posted about (that I saw as a headline while reading io9), and I want that to the the ONLY thing that gets spoiled (cause I'm still pretty bent about it), so I likely won't be checking any gaming news until I play Arkham City.

(Sometimes the internet just sucks for how easy it is to accidentally learn things).

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
King of the Potato People
So you can ONLY play as Catwoman if your console is connected to the interent?

I'm out.
Was really looking forward to this game to. <_<

(I have an old/weird modem, I'd need to upgrade or switch suppliers just to connect my PS3 to the internet.)

I'm sick of paying full price for games but only getting to play 80% of them because you need to enter a code online.

I'm not paying full price unless I have access to the full game, so I might get this in 6 months second hand.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
So you can ONLY play as Catwoman if your console is connected to the interent?

No, derp.

You activate the online pass once, and that's it. Nowhere has it been stated that you have to stay connected to the web to use her.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I had a buddy show me the Launch Trailer. It is epic, but it's hinting a lot more at the story content, but nothing I would consider too spoilerish. It contains several new scenes with Strange that haven't been seen yet, and some new dialogue that gives a light outline of the direction the story's taking.

That being said, it sells the tension AMAZINGLY well, and I'm even more excited about it now.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Agreed.

(On a loosely related note, I still don't forgive Kotaku for that damn Arkham City spoiler article).

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
305103_286919527994178_130554466964019_1199989_2064082912_n.jpg

MY GOD

my life would be complete if I could have this ;_;

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
No, derp.

You activate the online pass once, and that's it. Nowhere has it been stated that you have to stay connected to the web to use her.

And how do I activate an online pass without being connected to the internet?

Those of us who can't afford to connect our consoles get to suck dick, no Catwoman for us. <_<

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
And how do I activate an online pass without being connected to the internet?

Those of us who can't afford to connect our consoles get to suck dick, no Catwoman for us. <_<

If you can get your computer online you can get your console online long enough to download catwoman.

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
If you can get your computer online you can get your console online long enough to download catwoman.

Getting off topic a bit but how do you connect a PS3 to the internet via a PC? I've searched the internet before and tried following a guide but I couldn't manage it.

Besides I shouldn't have to connect online, why are developers increasing cutting out core game elements and making them DLC/accessible via online only? <_<

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Getting off topic a bit but how do you connect a PS3 to the internet via a PC? I've searched the internet before and tried following a guide but I couldn't manage it.

How does your computer connect to the web? Do you have an ethernet cable?

Besides I shouldn't have to connect online, why are developers increasing cutting out core game elements and making them DLC/accessible via online only? <_<

It's not a core game element, it's an addition to the game. If it WAS something you absolutely needed to finish the campaign proper then I'd agree.

I don't like online passes in general however.

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
How does your computer connect to the web? Do you have an ethernet cable?

My PS3 is now connected to the internet via my PC, I had to tick a check box. THAT'S IT?! I spent hours changing setting and trying to connect previously and ticking the right checkbox was all it took!?

Christ I'm thick. :wacky:

My nerd rage at not being able to get Catwoman is subsiding now, my PS3 is downloading an update, then I can create a PSN account and get hacked my assholes. :shifty:

It's not a core game element, it's an addition to the game.
Quite correct, but it still sucks balls. I've no objection to people buying new (instead of second hand) getting the best stuff but it should be available to all. Needing an online pass to get 100% of the game just punishes those who aren&#8217;t online.

305103_286919527994178_130554466964019_1199989_2064082912_n.jpg

MY GOD

my life would be complete if I could have this ;_;
How much does all of that cost?

Last edited:
Top Bottom