Arkham Has Moved

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Damn. I'll have to go look for it again. Until then: 3 Robin Skins have been shown:

robins.jpg

X :neo:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
I was waiting for a better pic than that.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Fuck. Yes.

I'm curious whether or not the New Game + will also allow you to go through using one of the other skins, or if they're challenge mode-specific.

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
King of the Potato People
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/new...New-Game-Plus-Mode-Ramps-Up-the-Bat-Challenge

Prove that you can handle yourself in Arkham City, and the game will let you really test your mettle.

Picture the scene: You've just finished Batman: Arkham City, and you loved it so much, that you want to play it all over again. Unfortunately, you're not sure it would really be a challenge a second time, and besides, you don't really want to give up all the super cool gadgets you have. If this sounds like something that might happen to you, then fear not, for Rocksteady has just the thing for you: Arkham City's New Game Plus Mode.

Rocksteady's Dax Ginn said that when players finished Arkham City's campaign mode, they could dive right back in with everything they've collected and unlocked. But instead of making the game easier, the tools and upgrades would be the only thing standing between Batman and a thorough pummeling. In the New Game Plus mode, Ginn said, all of the enemy configurations were different and the game didn't help you out by showing you who was about to attack. Instead, players would have to take very careful note of enemy animations, and react accordingly.

Obviously the New Game Plus mode isn't going to be for everyone, but for anyone really excited about the Arkham City gameplay, it's about as close as you're going to get to actually being Batman, without having to train all your life or lose your parents in a tragic alleyway shooting.
Everything I hear about this game makes me want it more. :awesome:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
http://community.batmanarkhamcity.com/forums/showthread.php/3833-New-Game-Plus

New Game Plus

Hi all,

There have been alot of questions surrounding New Game Plus, I have this thread to answer questions NOT discuss the pros and cons

HOW DO I UNLOCK NEW GAME PLUS?
Finish the game on normal or hard mode

WHAT DO I START NEW GAME PLUS WITH?
ALL of your gadgets from the end of your first play though, ALL of your XP (including unlocked upgrades)

WHAT IS DIFFERENT?
No counter icons on thugs
Different Thug Levels: tougher thugs are available from the start of the game
Different Thug Configuration
Increased difficulty Bosses : Bosses will be even more cunning

HOW IS IT DIFFERENT FROM HARD MODE?
The main difference is that you will have ALL of your gadgets and xp so even though the enemies may be tougher you will have the technical upper hand

IS NEW GAME PLUS ONE DIFFICULTY SETTING?
Yes, regardless of whether you finish the game on normal or hard new game plus will be the same difficulty

CAN I STILL REPLAY THE GAME WITHOUT NEW GAME PLUS?
Yes you can, however you won't start with all your gadgets

SarahMay

Cookie Monster

NOM NOM NOM
New single from the game's album.

Coheed & Cambria - Deranged

I've been listening to Coheed for years now, they deserve more attention, imho.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Looks like 4 episode dlc for Catwoman is likely.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
It looks like the GTTV episode on Arkham City is going to be on tonight at 1:07AM. Not sure how that works out regionally for everyone, but that's when the character information will probably drop online.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
FUCK YES FLOYD LAWTON AKA DEADSHOT IS IN THE GAME.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Well, I think we've got a practical guarantee that he's the one who tried to snipe Catwoman.

AKA
L, Castiel, Scotty Mc Dickerson
Sooo, turns out that all the saddo's who wank to Harley quinn are going to be stunned to find out her sexy moves are actually that of a male.

Also if you go to ign you can watch the video with the game producer talking about playing as Robin and the differences between him and other characters.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Here's the episode for those interested (WELL worth the watch).

Here's a quick summary of the info.

Deadshot.jpg

New Gadgets

Remote Electrical Charge: A taser beam, the Remote Electrical Charge gun can be used to power machinery, create electromagnetic fields to solve puzzles, and stun villains.

Freeze Blast: The Freeze Blast is a projectile that can create ice platforms in water, and also freezes enemies in their place. Batman can then knock out the frozen villains. Depending on how it's executed, you can hit multiple enemies.

Villain Announcement

Deadshot: Deadshot's apparently snuck his way into Arkham City and has a hit list of rather high-profile inmates. Batman will track him down as he systematically assassinates people within Arkham City, and then goes after Batman himself.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
...SO it is!

How had I not seen anything about it before...?

*shrugs*

I'm fucking stoked that this is going to be out in under a month.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
It also looks awful and isn't the suit bruce wore.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Well, at least it doesn't look amazing, so I'm not even marginally tempted to obtain it. :awesomonster:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
*****HEADS UP*****

There're a few gaming sites reporting on a new demo that has what I would consider to be a FAIRLY significant spoiler. Granted they were allowed to report on it, but still, I think it ruins a pretty significant moment, so it's probably a good idea to quite looking at the sites unless you want to risk it. (If you don't care, the link is here).

For the non-spoiler folks, there're some new screenshots.

Top Bottom