Arkham Has Moved

Ghost X

I recall that Batman has literally hundreds of villains in his history. I don't think we need to create new ones, even if a majority of those villains are laughable. There got to be some decent ones in there somewhere that the general population is not familiar with.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
I recall that Batman has literally hundreds of villains in his history. I don't think we need to create new ones, even if a majority of those villains are laughable. There got to be some decent ones in there somewhere that the general population is not familiar with.

Well, you are wrong. He doesn't.

Grant Morrison has created plenty of great villains in the last few years for Batman. It could be done for this game as well.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Unless you're reading into some sort of technicality that they aren't 'batman villains', just villains that batman happened to face.
Many of those aren't a part of the Batman's rogues gallery, which is what gives them top billing as "Batman villains" and not a general part of the DCU.

So no.

Oh, and there's a little over a hundred in that list, not hundreds.

Last edited:

Ghost X

I don't think I'll be able to find the other list I found ages ago, but they're likely general DCU villains too, as you argued. Stilll, I think surely someone could transform one of those villains from a stupid 'villain-of-the-week' variety to something more interesting upon applying some decent writing ability. I'm all for new villains too, but do you honestly think hollywood can pull that off? At least one that is worthy. I think Harley Quinn was a lucky shot.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
You don't consider Chris Nolan or Warner Bros as Hollywood?

Huh? What does rocksteady's Batman team(which includes Paul Dini, the guy who created Quinn and writes many of the comics) making new villains for Arkham city have to do with hollywood?

I don't follow mate.

Splintered

unsavory tart
http://batman.wikia.com/wiki/Batman_Rogues_Gallery
http://batman.wikia.com/wiki/Batman_Rogues_Gallery

Read and weep? Its not the list I had found elsewhere, which did contain hundreds of villains, but there's certainly over a hundred in that one. Unless you're reading into some sort of technicality that they aren't 'batman villains', just villains that batman happened to face.
I'm confused on Batman's rogue gallery, I only know a bit about the Batmanverse but

Why is Catwoman still in it? I thought she reformed, and Talia. And why is Cassadra Cain in it, I thought she was the old batgirl?

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
New screens from Arkham City.Co.UK

32jj8.jpg

AlOBx.png

4ukyY.png

X :neo:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
All information has been received from the following blog. No infomation has been confirmed by Warner or Rocksteady.
--
Multiplayer Caped Crusader
After months of questions and speculation, details of Batman Arkham Asylum's Sequel, Batman Arkham City, followed by a spectacular 2nd reveal trailer shown at VGA 2010 began to answer those questions. But then we were left to wonder about the crumbs given to us about the Dark Knights Multiplayer addition, until now. Leaked insider information spilled a whole lot of beans, and you will see it detailed here first!

The first thing to clear up is whether this game is full on Multiplayer, or Co-OP Campaign or what? and the Answer we are excited to say, is all of the above. The source (who will be referred to as such throughout this article, due to the spoilers given in this info, its touchy and the reason why this is it's own blog) Assured us that an incredible amount of detail and attention and funding were given to The Single player, and Multiplayer modes for this game, and in no way did they compromise one for the other. In fact he said that early on their mission was never to revolutionize Batman Arkham City with multiplayer, but to revolutionize multiplayer With Batman Arkham City.

"I Know", said the source, "Many people were petrified when they heard of the multiplayer, imagining some tacked on silly arena fighter, the development of which dwarfed our efforts on single player. They couldn't be more wrong" said the source with a BIG smile. As much as he boasted of the originality of it all, he did note the influence they found in Rockstar's Red Dead Redemption Free Roam. Sighting how going around busting gang hideouts, and hunting down the most wanted in a constant living world, rang true to a beautiful Batman experience. "It is Perfect" he said, "You go around bust gangs and after you have left, everything resets, its ever going, then you have players who enter in, and they may be enemies, or friends, all the while random events will take place, such as a hanging, or what have you. It feels like a real world.

Vfp8J.jpg

While we love this idea, we felt we could not just capitalize on what they had done, but rather reinvent it to be gameplay SO dynamic, that multiplayer would feel like a campaign. And with all dedicated servers we have, you do not have to worry about being in a world with "Other Batmen" You will be the only Batman, your buddy the only Joker. Pick who ever you want out of 12 characters, and you will enter a lobby that doesn't already have that character. You may also do private matches. And all this can be done with either 1-12 players, so you can do Free Roam alone, or in Co-Op, or multiplayer.

Aside from the Multiplayer setup, players will be able to level up for items according to their character, explore inside and outside of almost every building, have streets filled with innocent people to save or torment. The world really seems to come to life on such a large scale you will quickly forget there are only 12 live players to a session. If you are Batman, you can hunt down the villain, and plan your attack, if you are the villain (depending on the character), you can cause chaos to attract Batman, then set a trap for his arrival. This is truly like nothing you have ever played before.

http://arkhamcity.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1152

Too good to be true? I sure hope not

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I like the discussion of how, despite the increase in size, they're keeping the focus from feeling too loose.

X :neo:

Top Bottom