Arkham Has Moved

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Official Release Date announced!

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and DC Entertainment today announced that the highly
anticipated videogame Batman: Arkham City™ will step out of the shadows and onto store shelves in North
America beginning October 18, in Australia beginning October 19 and in Europe and other global territories
beginning October 21, for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, Games for
Windows PC and the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system. Developed by Rocksteady Studios,
Batman: Arkham City is the follow-up to the award-winning hit video game Batman: Arkham Asylum™ and
delivers an authentic and gritty Batman experience.

Batman: Arkham City builds upon the intense, atmospheric foundation of Batman: Arkham Asylum, sending
players soaring into Arkham City – five times larger than the game world in Batman: Arkham Asylum – and the
new maximum security “home” for all of Gotham City’s thugs, gangsters and insane criminal masterminds. Set
inside the heavily fortified walls of a sprawling district in the heart of Gotham City, this highly anticipated
sequel introduces a brand-new story that draws together a new, all-star cast of classic characters and
murderous villains from the Batman universe, as well as a vast range of new and enhanced gameplay features
to deliver the ultimate experience as the Dark Knight.

batman31101.jpg

batman31103.jpg

batman31102.jpg

X :neo:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Arkham City news just keeps on coming! Constant previews, new screens, a release date and now an insight into the games length!

Dax Ginn from Rocksteady claims that it takes the Rocksteady Q&A guys eight hours to play through Batman: Arkham City; that doesn't count side missions. For a normal play through we can expect 20-24 hours.

He also said that 80% of that time will take place on the streets, in the city itself - with the remaining 20% inside buildings.

Arkham City now has a confirmed release date of October 21st (Europe) and October 18th (US).

http://arkhamcity.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1823

HOLY SHIT YES

Gale

Read My Mind
Having a hard time thinking of anything this game doesn't seem to have that I might want out of it.

Though I wouldn't hate Professor Pyg

The only thing I didnt enjoy about this trailer was his big superman moment where he slams the ground.

Btw, the name of the song is Short Change Hero by The Heavy

Last edited:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Having a hard time thinking of anything this game doesn't seem to have that I might want out of it.

Though I wouldn't hate Professor Pyg

I said the same thing lol.

Also, that is no superman moment.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
they could easily fit him in with the mind control angle, but I don't think he fits well outside of the circus of crime.

Gale

Read My Mind
they could easily fit him in with the mind control angle, but I don't think he fits well outside of the circus of crime.

Mind control was sort of what I was thinking, like a counterpart to the Scarecrow angle in the first Arkham Aslyum. But I doubt we'll see anything from the Morrison run anyway.

Interslicery said:
I just had an odd thought watching the trailer again with all Batmans gliding. I would love to see a new Gargoyles game.

There was an old one? I can't say I'd object but considering who owns the property and how much of a tiff they got into with the creator, I'd call it all wishful thinking.

And less we forget that Rocksteady is a rare example of a developer making a great game out of some other form of IP.

Last edited:
Yeah, it was a sidescroller on the sega. Not bad.

Dacon: Spoiler I guess?
a friend pointed out that he might be on a bit of venom. I forgot he had taken some before and it seems venom may have a part to play in the sequel based off the ending of the first.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Yeah, it was a sidescroller on the sega. Not bad.

Dacon: Spoiler I guess?
a friend pointed out that he might be on a bit of venom. I forgot he had taken some before and it seems venom may have a part to play in the sequel based off the ending of the first.

Your friend is probably wrong.

That just might be there because they thought it was cool. Like Batman smashing into the car in TDK.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Ah folks are saying he put explosive gel on his glove before he slammed his fist in the ground. That would explain it.

Anyway:

image_batman_arkham_city-15077-2101_0002.jpg

053_Rescue-113.jpg

434_Riddler_15-112.jpg

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Ah folks are saying he put explosive gel on his glove before he slammed his fist in the ground. That would explain it.

Ah, that makes a lot more sense. I heard about them discussing using it to blow people back, but I hadn't thought of it in that context.

Those images are absolutely excellent. "Can you defeat a mind such as mine?" I'm quite looking forward to the Riddler in this game.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I don't really mind an incentive to preorder. That makes sense. I just wish that everywhere offered the same thing. It always feel like you're missing out on something when they split it between retailers. :(

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
nXmpC.png

I don't know if these are legit or not, but HOLY SHIT IF THEY ARE.

Freeze, Penguin, and is that SOLOMON FUCKING GRUNDY? HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGH

Top Bottom