Banned
AKA
Noctis
hO5fI.png

V0fyK.jpg

rofl

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Okay, I haven't played the games myself, but I have heard a lot of the shit storm over this and felt the need to point out the obvious.

The Knights Templar are involved in the plot of the games, right?

The "founding fathers" of the USA are said to have all been Free Masons.

Free Masons have connections to the Knights Templar

Just forget that this is America. There will be Knights Templar business going down.

Which hey, maybe this means a twist in that the Americans turn out to be the bad guys.

Now dang I need to go play all these games before this comes out.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
YES YOU DO. PLAY THEM RIGHT NOW.

and don't judge by the first one. It was quite repetitive. But they learned and got better after that.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
The first one was great. But it does get repetitive about halfway through.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
The first game has you doing the same stuff over and over and over and over again. At first it's kinda cool, then you get bored quickly. =/

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Okay, I haven't played the games myself, but I have heard a lot of the shit storm over this and felt the need to point out the obvious.

The Knights Templar are involved in the plot of the games, right?

The "founding fathers" of the USA are said to have all been Free Masons.

Free Masons have connections to the Knights Templar

Just forget that this is America. There will be Knights Templar business going down.

Which hey, maybe this means a twist in that the Americans turn out to be the bad guys.

Now dang I need to go play all these games before this comes out.

Sonic the Hedgehog said:
George Washington and most of the signers of the Declaration of Independence were Free Masons. Free Masons have the order of the Knights Templar. Masons deny that it's linked to the medieval Templars, but that seems ripe for Ubisoft's picking if you ask me.

Wikipedia said:
One theory of the origins of Freemasonry claims direct descent from the historical Knights Templar through its final fourteenth-century members who took refuge in Scotland, or other countries where the Templar suppression was not enforced. This theory is usually deprecated on grounds of lack of evidence, by both Masonic authorities[82] and historians.[83]

:bigmonster:

As for playing all the games, I'd just skip the first one altogether, honestly. All the characters in it are much more developed after-the-fact in later games anyway.

Last edited:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Great minds think alike. :monster:

I also did go back a few pages to check and see if anyone posted about that but I didn't see it. Guess I didn't go back far enough. :P

I also wouldn't feel right skipping the first game. I need to do things in order.

AvecAloes

Donator
I understand the sentiment of wanting/needing to do things in order (Force likes to call it OCD :monster: ) but I skipped the first one and can honestly say that I didn't feel like I missed anything. Just sayin', cuz it would save you time...

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
IT'S NOT OCD FORCE OMG.

tbh, the first game could probably be played fairly quickly anyway. The only reason I'd say you'd want to play it is for the background on the Desmond stuff. Although that's revisited in ACII, iirc.

So basically... you could skip the first one. But will your life be complete if you do?

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I knew AC1 would be somewhat tedious and repetitive and played it anyway, for completeness's sake. I'm definitely OCD about this. :wackymonster:

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
OMG what is wrong with you people?! You missed so much if you skip the first freaking game! Yeah it's redundant in game play, but you're missing really good stuff in the story line. :/ But I guess if it's just about the game play to you then, yeah, you should skip it...

but part of the good thing about Assassin's Creed is the story line and to me Altair > Ezio so yeah. You definitely DO NOT get a good tribute to Altair later on. They tried but... it wasn't enough.

Besides do you REALLY want to go through playing the other games going "who's altair whats going on who are these people why am I missing out on the cool references because I decided to skip the first game"

also the first game is the only time you will EVER see Malik so cherish those moments. :awesome: The end of the game is also really intense but hey if you want to miss out on that BE MY GUEST.

Skipping it is just LAZY. It's like, you go out to read a book series and go: "I'm going to skip the first book because SOME parts of it are boring"
what

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Face it Tiff, Altair was WAY cooler posthumously in ACII then the emotionless, strangely American-accented version in the first game. Also you're not really lost on who Altair is because Ezio doesn't know who he is either so they explain it to him.

Also your book analogy is a little bit flawed because rather than some parts of it being boring, a game with bad gameplay (not that the gameplay in AC1 was BAD, but just for the analogy) is more akin to book with lousy writing then just a book with some boring bits.

And I wasn't telling her to skip it, I just said you could and you wouldn't be much worse off. And its not lazy when you've got tons of good games to play with finite time. Its prioritizing.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Altair purposefully had little to no personality in the first game. It was by design. (despite what altair fans like to claim :awesome: ) He was fairly forgettable until of course they expaneded on his story and personality in later installments. And iirc ACII does re-explain some of what happened in ACI?

But I did suggest playing it anyway. It's a short play, and the story is entertaining enough. It's just that halfway through, you're just doing the necessary things to keep the story moving. It's like playing on automatic - you sort of tune out the bland gameplay. Overall, ACI was average at best.

AvecAloes

Donator
I didn't feel that I missed out on all that much because I had Force to fill me in on any necessary background that I would have learned from AC1 while I played AC2. And I don't feel I was lazy because I chose to skip one game; like Force said, sometimes you gotta prioritize. Playing AC2 was more important to me than playing AC1. Priorities. Simple. I don't think I committed any video game sins there.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
YOU COMMITTED THE CARDINAL SIN OF NOT PLAYING THEM IN ORDER. THINK OF THE CHILDREN!

AvecAloes

Donator
Every time you play a video game series out of order, God kills a kitten. oh my ga what have I done what have I done

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Hey I skipped the first game but read everything about. Didn't really missed much.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
You knew this about me already.

Also fucking hell Tiff I almost didn't recognized you.

Top Bottom