Assassin's Creed (series)

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
But I don't see the problem with American companies basing their films, shows, or games in America anyway.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I'm not saying that I have a problem with Ubisoft doing it. :monster:

Just that it's based there of all places. World is a big place and they've done a good job so far of reaching into some of the cultures it has to offer.

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
I'm pretty fucking excited for American Revolution, ngl. LOL and to think I woke up to hear the news after pretty much running from the Americans in my dream, cause they'd decided to declare war on us and bomb the shit out of Canada. :lol:

I can't accuse Ubisoft of any AMERICA FUCK YEAH sentiments, tbh. One was set during Crusades and other during Renaissance in Italy, another in Istanbul so we've had fuck all Americans in this hugeass franchise.

I can see what you mean when it comes to movies, but at the same time I think it mostly goes for mainstream blockbusters. There is a great variety out there if you're tired of my neighbors, but you need to remember you can't exactly escape America anywhere. :monster:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
There is a great variety out there if you're tired of my neighbors, but you need to remember you can't exactly escape America anywhere. :monster:
I know this. I was just hoping Assassin's Creed could steer clear of it. ; _ ;

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Considering the coordinates for the temple we got in ACB's DLC placed it in the state of New York...it was kind of to be expected tbh.

Alexia Ashford

SOMEONE IN THE CORRIDOR?
AKA
Konneh
y'know, I don't see why it matters that it's set in America.
But then if it's the Revolutionary War, then it's not really technically America yet, is it?
I know a lot of people have a lot of issues with America, and I'll admit, we're cocky. But I've noticed a lot of people letting that change their outlook on a game that has done remarkably well so far. And it's supposed to be set BEFORE America got cocky, so I don't really see the issue.
I think it sounds interesting.
The fact of the matter is that the Revolutionary War was a big deal at that time and Desmond had to get to America somehow.
Desmond is American.
Setting some game or another in Past America makes sense to me personally and I'm not upset by it at all.

And yeah I know a lot of movies and whatnot are set in America, but tons of these are Americans making them. Americans know America better than they do another country.
idk
I'm just not bothered by it.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
y'know, I don't see why it matters that it's set in America.

Because people wanted to see a different setting. What is hard to understand about that?

But then if it's the Revolutionary War, then it's not really technically America yet, is it?
I know a lot of people have a lot of issues with America, and I'll admit, we're cocky. But I've noticed a lot of people letting that change their outlook on a game that has done remarkably well so far.

No.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I fail to see any "Fuck yeah America" in here. It's an indian fellow (or one with an outfit with such influences, at least) and the British. As far as I know, this setting hasn't been used much in video games.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
The American Revolution has been in quite a few games actually.

A lot of them are RTS games however.

Cookie Monster

NOM NOM NOM
That reminds me of the last two RTS games I played, Medieval II: Total War and Empire. Are there any decent RTS games out now (for the PC)? I don't pay much attention to PC related news.

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
...is it just me or does the animation look kind of off compared to their usually fantastic trailers? Not the whole thing, I just particularly notice it during the Connor tree climbing and the end battle. :\

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
No, it seemed odd to me too. I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that it's trees and not buildings? I don't see why that would matter. But yeah, it's like.... something's off. Can't put my finger on it.

AvecAloes

Donator
Yeah, I have to agree here...the quality seems a little sub par, especially compared to the awesomeness that was the Revelations trailer. It didn't really get me pumped up or anything. Hm.

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
It's kinda hard to beat the awesomeness that is the ACII trailer though. I fuckin love this trailer.

AC3's doesn't look like their usual "cinematic" trailers, which gives me hope that it's soon coming.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I can see them making their release in October.

Also, is it really necessary to shoot a guy in the face after you stab him in the back of his head?

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Yeah, it wasn't a bad trailer, but I don't think it was up to the (admittedly very high) bar previous AC trailers set.

But that move Dacon refers to looked pretty badass...if unnecessary.

Top Bottom