Assassin's Creed (series)

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Force that's not what I said. She was smart, snarky, could kick some serious ass and best developed character of the crew so she's not awesome by default.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
But only she and Desmond were developed. And she was the ONLY one developed until Revelations. So I'd say that's default.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
But that's because you're just mentioning the characters from the present, I think she was one of the better characters of the whole series and the best female along with Maria.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Here's something I've been thinking about, are Connor and
Haytham
descendants from Altair? Or Ezio? Or a different line entirely?

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
My understanding is that they would have to be descended from him. That's how the Animus works, right? It can only access what is in the user's genetic memory.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Who's him exactly?

I think Connor could be a descendant of Altair and Maria because Haytham is British. Is not unreasonable to think that after Altair's death Darim relocated with his family to England or that his descendants did.

Z

Zealkin

No that's actually not how genetics work in the game, apparently none of them are really directly related, it's just that all of these ancestors line up to desmonds DNA is what make them important, not that they're all related, it's hard to explain :/

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Mayhap I've looked at one too many fan-made genealogy tables. :monster: I just kind of always took it for granted that the Assassins we've played as shared common ancestry to Altaïr, though it's not necessary they do.

AvecAloes

Donator
Honestly, I thought they were all related to Desmond somehow, too. I feel like I've heard somewhere that Desmond is related to both Altair and Ezio, but that they (Altair and Ezio) are not directly related to each other. But I actually have no idea and will defer to those who do! :P

Z

Zealkin

found the video that explains it clearly:

So no, Ezio and Altair are not related, they both have TOWCB blood in them and their bloodlines all connect to Desmond.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Oh I know that Altair and Ezio are not related to each other, that was makes Desmond so special that he has both of those bloodlines. I'm just curious as to where Haytham and Connor fall, are they also from a different bloodline or do they descend from one of the other two bloodlines though probably emphasize how special Desmond is they're probably from a different bloodline as well.

edit: After watching the video I find it funny how the guy explaining how the bloodlines work mentioned the point where he or she has a child considering how they've elected to never show any playable female ancestor.

Last edited:
Z

Zealkin

Oh I know that Altair and Ezio are not related to each other, that was makes Desmond so special that he has both of those bloodlines. I'm just curious as to where Haytham and Connor fall, are they also from a different bloodline or do they descend from one of the other two bloodlines though probably emphasize how special Desmond is they're probably from a different bloodline as well.

edit: After watching the video I find it funny how the guy explaining how the bloodlines work mentioned the point where he or she has a child considering how they've elected to never show any playable female ancestor.

Yeah why do they they always exclude the woman? I mean I know it's only for nine months but come on...

How far have you gotten in ac3 btw? I haven't had the chance to play much because of school/nanowrimo and i keep getting frustrated with the combat because I suck at it.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
To say nothing of treatment the few females in the series have gotten from Ubisoft.

I'm in Sequence 8 atm. My thoughts on the game so far: Honestly the gameplay was really cool at first but now is boring and I want my big cities with tall buildings to climb, unfortunately there are none to be found here. I'm on sequence 8 and the story has not picked up at all, Connor is extremely boring and uninteresting, you cannot have a character like him after Ezio and he's not even remotely as cool as Altair either. At some point you're gonna start wondering why you couldn't stay with Haytham or why Aveline wasn't the main character of this game.

I've already said that the present is downright awful and unplayable and that's not even counting the ending, if only the present had an interesting character and some chemistry between the crew oh wait that's right they have both things and screwed it up.

Z

Zealkin

D: I find Connor adorakable, but I only just got his assassins outfit, so I don't know If i'm just not tired of him yet. Achilles is reallly sassy doe.

And is the ending that bad?? I don't' want spoilers but I guess I want to know if their was closure at the end of Desmond's story?

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Yes it is that bad, basically Ubisoft being huge dicks. Yeah Demond's story gets closure just in a very retarded way.

Question. Would this be a decent game for someone who's never really gotten into any of the games so far? I enjoyed the games well enough I guess, but I really couldn't give any less of a shit about Desmond and his apocalyptic space man trinkets, and it really pulled me out of what I was at least somewhat enjoying.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I'm scared of playing this game. I got up to chapter 3 before I went to England and now that I'm back I just see people raging about it and the ending. o.O

Z

Zealkin

Yeah Aeryn and a bunch of my friends who finished it, say that it's a really shitty end, which is a shame because Desmond's story had so much potential. :/

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
To be fair I said that the whole present was shit. :monster: Desmond's story did have potential which went down the toilet when the ending of Brotherhood happened.

Interslicery - It is worth buying just wait till the price goes down cause it ain't worth buying at full price.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Just finished it.

They could have made the ending satisfying and rewarding but I guess that would have made too much sense. =/

The game itself was fun at least. The Naval warfare missions should be made into their own game imo. :P

Also, WHY THE FUCK ARE THE END CREDITS IN AC GAMES SO DAMN LONG.

Last edited:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I've never understood why AC games feel the need to put the credits in for EVERY territory. Why not just the one that localized the one you're playing?

Top Bottom