Assassin's Creed (series)

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Nor did I. T__T And sorry if that was spoiler worthy (lol it so was) and you didn't want to see. But uh.. I figure since there was a 40 second spoiler warning before it started it was fine. XD

I didn't see much, the moment I realized I hadn't seen I stopped the video. I thought had all of them, but I have no recollection what my synchronization is, I'll have to look.

I did think that plotline ended kind of abruptly :monster:

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
OH YES. I hate when I get killed out of no where, and the game tells me they killed me by Templar Vision. *waves fist* THAT'S CHEATING

I use it all the time O_O

haha, it's good for combating disguise and blend. And it helps me spot my pursuers. :monster:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I'd say go through the story on ACII anyway to be honest. It's true that Brotherhood can be played standalone, but Ezio is an amazing character. It's one of few games where you start it as one person, and you finish it as a completely changed person. Ezio's personal growth is amazing and shows you why he is in the position he is by the time Brotherhood comes about. It's probably the thing I like most about these two games.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Ezio was the best thing about ACII. They really did a perfect job on his character development. Everything about ACII was better than ACI, but really they mastered Ezio's character. He's very engaging, and easy to like. And his development and maturity growth is extremely believable and well done.

Also, he's hawt.

Dee

sweet dee
AKA
Bun, Academic
Personally, I would say you should play Assassin's Creed II if you're going to play Brotherhood because Ezio and his story stemmed from that game. If you're coming into the middle of his life after everything has happened--especially at the end (which you won't understand what's going on in Brotherhood)--you're gonna be a little confused. Besides, as was mentioned before, ACII is a great game with beautiful character and character development. I very much enjoyed it, much more than the first one.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
The first game was good, but you can literally play Creed II and Brotherhood without having to play it. It will still make sense.

In fact I would go as far as to say in SOME cases, not playing the first could enrich your second playthrough. Specifically the subtle and non-subtle references to Altair made in the latter two games. They contribute to making his character a lot more mysterious what with codex pages and his findings.
But ofcourse, all three games are superb, and none should be missed out if possible.

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
I played the second game through a good 4 times now but I can't even manage to finish I because of how horrible it is compared to II and Brotherhood. =/

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
See the thing is, when it came out. It was amazing.

It's a shame that it is underrated, because the reason it is underrated is because they did an absolutely close-to-perfect job with the next two, not because the first game is bad. Kudos to the team.

Last edited:

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
OMG so I downloaded that new add-on pack with the new location. Now it could be because I don't know it as well as the others, but I hate it. It's so confusing, and there are a lot of ups and downs which I despise. I've only played the location once so don't hold me to that :monster:

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
So apparently there is a book of AC: Brotherhood by Oliver Bowden. That's the same guy that wrote Renassaince (the book based on ACII). I bought it for my Kindle :monster:

BTW, Tiff, did you get that DLC? I'm curious for your thoughts on that new location.

AKA
L, Castiel, Scotty Mc Dickerson
So apparently there is a book of AC: Brotherhood by Oliver Bowden. That's the same guy that wrote Renassaince (the book based on ACII). I bought it for my Kindle :monster:

Yeah just started it, pretty good.
Much like the first, the book explains alot more in-depth the going's on of Ezio. this time with the massive gaps in years and his non-moving around you get a better insight as the the actual formation of the brotherhood as a whole.

Jaqen H'ghar

A man knows.
AKA
Sully, Nine, Huntress, Relm Arrowny, Ezio Auditore da Firenze, Jon Snow, Spider-Woman, Jessica Drew, Cissnei
There's a new book besides Renaissance? also was anyone else surprised when the team wound up in Monterrgionni? aaaand now I gotta go get the new DLC I haven't had any time to play it lately

stupid school

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
So apparently there is a book of AC: Brotherhood by Oliver Bowden. That's the same guy that wrote Renassaince (the book based on ACII). I bought it for my Kindle

BTW, Tiff, did you get that DLC? I'm curious for your thoughts on that new location.

I heard about that book by someone who said that the book stated Ezio x Rosa is canon. She was freaking out about it. <XD I want to read it just for the story, I could care less about Rosa tbh. :awesome:

And I DID get it, I just haven't played it yet. xD I will tell you once I do. &#9829;

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
Where can you get the books? I can't see them on the UbiWorkshop website. :(

Jaqen H'ghar

A man knows.
AKA
Sully, Nine, Huntress, Relm Arrowny, Ezio Auditore da Firenze, Jon Snow, Spider-Woman, Jessica Drew, Cissnei
Where can you get the books? I can't see them on the UbiWorkshop website. :(
I had seen Renaissance a while back at Barnes & Noble so try there though you might want to check Amazon first they tend to have books cheaper

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
I had seen Renaissance a while back at Barnes & Noble so try there though you might want to check Amazon first they tend to have books cheaper

Australia doesn't have Barnes & Noble and I doubt any bookshop here would have the books. Amazon it is I guess. Oh and thanks. :monster:

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
This book isn't news. I've had it since Christmas :oscar:

AKA
L, Castiel, Scotty Mc Dickerson
Australia doesn't have Barnes & Noble and I doubt any bookshop here would have the books. Amazon it is I guess. Oh and thanks. :monster:

You can get them on play/amazon/ebay/waterstones, pretty much anywhere that sells books online.
Worth a read, especially renaissance as the book fills in alot of gaps.

Top Bottom