Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin (beware unmarked spoilers)

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
Been trying to summon the energy to finish the second half of the season. But that change has still really ruined it for me.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
The Titans look super freaky.

I just hope the omnidirectional devices don't look all cheeseball in live-action. :/

Last edited:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I think this is a new one:

I know it's supposed to be serious but I actually thought this trailer was kind of hilarious.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Saw the first episode of this. I thought it was good/interesting original concept. Going to binge the rest when I get a chance :monster:

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Up to ep 19 now. Levi is an asshole.
And yeah I'm sure at some point we're going to get some sob story trope about why he is like that and blah blah blah I don't give a shit. I really find characters like that tiresome, seems to be too many of them in anime, and then the other characters like Eren spend so much time going 'buuuuh whaaa senpaiiiii?' but never actually say 'Hey you're a fucking asshole, don't speak to me like that, go fuck yourself' If I was Eren I would have turned into a Titan and shoved Levi up my arse, and then shat him out into a volcano. Not even remotely sexual :monster:
Please tell me that he gets killed horribly?

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
ok so all done with that on neckflicks.

Moar thoughts

I liked that there was different ages, like I haven't read the manga, but Eren and his mates are young and new recruits but the other characters seem to span from teenagers to old as balls. Even some of the guys who are doing fighting seem to be late 20's early 30's. This is good - not because I give a shit about 'representation' because I'm an adult and I don't have to shit my pants over that, but because it's A)realistic and B) that teenagers/kids saving the world thing is done to death and boring as hell.

But on the bad side of things:
I agree that transforming into Titans changes the dynamic - I mean, it sort of becomes a mecha anime without the mecha doesn't it?

Also, on that note I find Eren a bit annoying, I mean he isn't as bad as Shinji from Evangelion but that whole, thing of spending about 20 minutes navel gazing in the middle of a fucking fight. Gets on my tits.

Also Also, too many times people seem to be delaying getting shit done. 'Hey we're all about to die, but how about I yammer on for a bit? oh look the titan has escaped and/or killed all our buddies. Again. Whoops.'

That seems to be par for the course with a lot of anime though.

I can't stand the theme musics. I had to skip over the intro sequence every time, but thats just a personal preference I guess. All the various tunes seemed a bit incongrous with the tone of the show.

I don't like Levi or Erwin's hair cuts. At. All.

Thought it was a bit stupid that
Nobody saw the resemblance right away between the female titan and Annie?! Erens Titan form doesn't really look like him, but it was glaringly obvious as soon as she looked at Armin - oh wait I think Armin did know but didn't fucking get round to saying it. The tit.

The sciencey female with the glasses who's name escapes me
she's a bit annoying. I feel like I've seen that character somewhere before. Also I don't like how she gets all mad and drooly over 'sciencing' it's just like...find another way to express your excitement because it just makes her look wacky and the overall tone of the show isn't wacky

AAAALLLSSOOO I get the feeling that a lot of the characters (besides Eren Armin and Misaka) might be getting moar focus in the manga? (I haven't read it yet) But here they're a bit glossed over? And then they're sort of expecting me to give a shit when people get killed when they only gave them 5 mins of screentime total previously?

Anyway still gonna watch it, I wanna know what happens. But as time wears on the shine wears off. Probably start the manga too I guess.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Ahh thats friggin ages away. Just tell me what happens :rage:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop

* flying about with spiderman wossnames
* killing giants with break-away s0rds
* forced underage conscription because the adults are all dead already except the rich
* giants performing fisticuffs
* awkward~ teenage romance
* cliffhanger / more questions than answers by the end of the season
* three dozen spinoffs instead of the actual story

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Preview of season 2:

large.gif

ForceStealer

Double Growth
^And that's all the new events that take place in that episode too, preceded by 15 minutes of recapping the last episode and followed by 15 minutes of previewing the next one.

JechtShotMK9

The Sublimely Magnificent One
AKA
Kamiccolo9

* flying about with spiderman wossnames
* killing giants with break-away s0rds
* forced underage conscription because the adults are all dead already except the rich
* giants performing fisticuffs
* awkward~ teenage romance
* cliffhanger / more questions than answers by the end of the season
* three dozen spinoffs instead of the actual story

Having read ahead in the manga.....I can't think of any real teenage romance here :)

Everything else looks about right, though.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Season 2 of the anime premieres in less than a month; anybody been keeping up with the manga lately? I love the direction they've been taking with it.

Lex

Administrator
So did anybody watch the first episode? Because I did, in spite of my previous annoyed posts. And it was awesome. So awesome in fact that I'm in the middle of rewatching the first 25 episodes. And enjoying them a lot more this time round :monster:

I also think the opening song is the best one they've done so far:

Lex

Administrator
So I caved and started reading the Manga, no regrets.

Just read Chapter 52, and
holy shit the Historia/ Krista stuff is pretty brutal. Like, wow.

Top Bottom