• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Avatar: The Last Airbender & Korra (SPOILERS)

Z

Zealkin

cosplayed korra at anime next today, going to do it again tomorrow <3

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Thoughs on Out Of The Past
I loved today's episode, Korra seeing what happened with Yakome and everyone all grown up. I got to see Toph, badass and awesome like always and still calling Aang twinkletoes. Sokka still the same funny guy as an adult, I would've like to see Katara in that flashback because of her connection to bloodbending. Question: Didn't Aang kill Yakome? Or perhaps that happens later? Since Tarlock used bloodbeding I figured he was probably Yakome's son, was I the only one laughing when Amon appeared and took his bending away? Hahaha Amon took your bending you douchbag. Lin was awesome, the fly down thing was hilarious. Nagga coming to Korra's rescue was so sweet. What I didn't like was Mako and Korra, I don't know exactly what it is about them, if it's the way he's treated her before that I find everything romantic about them completely forced and not believable. Other thing I didn't like no new episode for 3 weeks and it's the season finale bawww, why do we have to wait so much time?

Last edited:

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
i really liked the yakone flashbacks and REALLY loved toph calling aang twinkletoes aaaaa i love all their friendships and SOKKA MENTIONING EXPLOSION MAN GOD I LOVE THEM

i loved lin and tenzin in this episode a lot. loved naga aaaaa. hell i even loved amon dang.

i did not really love mako's sudden explodey affection for korra because she's suddenly gone and in danger. you smooched korra back, you clearly have feelings for her and you're basically just stringing asami along because well dang doesn't it make more sense to date her than korra. he's just

being a jerk about it and i won't be surprised when asami goes EVIL FOR LOVE because they sort of hit you on the head with this in some of the episodes and it just makes me want to bash my head against a wall. fucking love triangles. YES I KNOW MAKORRA WILL BE THE ENDGAME SHIP. DO YOU HAVE TO MAKE THEIR ROMANTIC INTERACTIONS THIS FRUSTRATING?

EDIT:
and just so it's known, the most frustrating thing is that HE CHEATED ON HIS GIRLFRIEND AND DIDN'T FESS UP TO IT. she only knew because bolin told her. 'you can't expect mako to be perfect' no i can't. but i can get mad as hell when he threatens to stop being friends with korra for making accusations about his girlfriend's dad and then a few episodes down the line is flipping his shit over the fact that OH NOOO KORRA IS GONE HIS WUN TRU LUV. it is inconsistent as fuck. he shows his relationship with korra as deeper and then shallower than what it is within a few episodes. WHAT THE FUCK IS IT MAKO.

and for the love of god AT LEAST HAVE THE GUTS TO BREAK UP WITH THE WOMAN YOU CHEATED ON YOU PIECE OF SHIT. ugh. i am done with mako.

Last edited:

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
Amon.....can resist being bloodbent?! He slowed for just a moment, but even with Tarrlok pinning them down even harder, he continued to walk right up to him....

The MakoxKorra bit was ehhh... but I could see how something like her being captured, would push the feelings he's tried to ignore since meeting Asami, to the surface...

This episode was.... amazing, I was speechless and very happy to see the full story played out in a proper flashback.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
Great episode. Interesting reveals and good plot progression. Slightly disappointed Tarrlok was taking out so easily, but it did make Amon's badassery stand-out. However, I doubt this will be the last we see of Tarrlok or Yakone's affect Republic City.
One plausible theory I have heard is that if Amon is not actually imbued with power by the Spirits is that perhaps he is Tarrlok's brother or half-brother (perhaps unknown to Tarrlok) and is a Bloodbender as well (which possibly is why he could resist Tarrlok's Bloodbending) and has self-hatred of himself and benders because of his heritage and thus is trying to "atone" for his father's actions.
I was fine with the Makorra moments, I think it is consistent with his character and personality. Though I was laughing at them because I kept thinking how much they were probably upsetting Borra/Masami shippers.
The last few episodes look awesome though.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Regarding Amon
Ryu, Tenny and I were discussing the other day the possibility that Amon was in fact a bender, him being able to resist bloodbending just makes it more likely to me. With him being a magnificent, manipulative bastard I've come up with the theory that he may not be telling the truth about his past and that he's using the growing anti bending sentiment to take control of everything himself.

Regrading Mako
I think Aki pointed out exactly what bothers me about his character. When the series started I didn't have a problem with him, I didn't care about shipping or if him and Korra got together, now I don't like him at all while I still don't care about shipping I don't like him and Korra, like I said before everything about them is forced. He keeps coming off to me as self-centered in this situation, he hasn't fessed up to Asami about what happened with Korra, she has to find out about it through Bolin. He's treating both girls badly and part of me kinda wants that both girls kick his ass for his behavior.

Last edited:

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
Regarding Amon
Ryu, Tenny and I were discussing the other day the possibility that Amon was in fact a bender, him being able to resist bloodbending just makes it more likely to me. With him being a magnificent, manipulative bastard I've come up with the theory that he may not be telling the truth about his past and that he using the growing anti bending sentiment to take control of everything himself.

Regrading Mako
I think Aki pointed out exactly what bothers me about his character. When the series started I didn't have a problem with him, I didn't care about shipping or if him and Korra got together, now I don't like him at all while I still don't care about shipping I don't like him and Korra, like I said before everything about them is forced. He keeps coming off to me as self-centered in this situation, he hasn't fessed up to Asami about what happened with Korra, she has to find out about it through Bolin. He's treating both girls badly and part it kinda wants that both girls kick his ass for his behavior.

I think part (not all) of the reason why Mako still had not told Asami about the kiss is because there really had not been any appropriate times to. Mako and Korra had agreed to try to put their feelings on hold for the remainder of the tournament, and then Asami went through a whole bunch of emotional sh** with her father, so telling her then would have just upset her more.

And I don't see how their romance is anymore "forced" than Aang's and Katara's, both started out as crushes and one character is confused about their feelings. The main difference is that both Korra and Mako have stubborn and combative personalities while Aang was a pacifist.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
I don't think that's true, he did have a few appropriate times and he probably should've told her before he moved in into her house and him and Korra putting their feelings on hold for the sake of the team has very little to do with him coming clean to Asami. Yeah after the shit with her father it wasn't appropriate. Yes Aang and Katara's relationship was definitely forced but it was more believable than Mako and Korra and neither one came off as an asshole, plus Aang and Katara have very little in common with Mako and Korra. I don't really care for either pairing but Mako and Korra annoy me.

Last edited:

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
I think part (not all) of the reason why Mako still had not told Asami about the kiss is because there really had not been any appropriate times to. Mako and Korra had agreed to try to put their feelings on hold for the remainder of the tournament, and then Asami went through a whole bunch of emotional sh** with her father, so telling her then would have just upset her more.

And I don't see how their romance is anymore "forced" than Aang's and Katara's, both started out as crushes and one character is confused about their feelings. The main difference is that both Korra and Mako have stubborn and combative personalities while Aang was a pacifist.
what about during the period of time when he was living with asami. i mean shit maybe cheating isn't a huge deal to you, but if he really wanted to seriously date asami he should be upfront about this crap. the difference between katara and mako is that katara didn't actively go out with someone when she kissed/had romantic moments with aang at the same time they were dating. when she broke up with them, it was because of something that had happened between them. mako just kind of comes off as someone who's using korra and asami at different points and i don't care for it.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
what about during the period of time when he was living with asami. i mean shit maybe cheating isn't a huge deal to you, but if he really wanted to seriously date asami he should be upfront about this crap. the difference between katara and mako is that katara didn't actively go out with someone when she kissed/had romantic moments with aang at the same time they were dating. when she broke up with them, it was because of something that had happened between them. mako just kind of comes off as someone who's using korra and asami at different points and i don't care for it.

Except Mako was not the one who instigated the kiss, and he and Korra basically agreed that the kiss was a mistake. Mako has not done anything like an affiar after that. The worst crime he can be accused of is not concealing his feeligs torwards Korra well. PIf Mako had told Asami during the tournament it would have still affected the Team dynamics. And telling Asami about the kiss right when he and his brother were getting invited to live with the Sato's is also an innorportune moment IMO.

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
Except Mako was not the one who instigated the kiss, and he and Korra basically agreed that the kiss was a mistake. Mako has not done anything like an affair after that. The worst crime he can be accused of is not concealing his feelings forwards Korra well. PIf Mako had told Asami during the tournament it would have still affected the Team dynamics. And telling Asami about the kiss right when he and his brother were getting invited to live with the Sato's is also an inopportune moment IMO.
they were in the mansion for at least a day settling in, or so it was implied. the longer he puts it off, the worse it looks.

and especially if it isn't a 'big deal' he should be open with his girlfriend and inform her that he kissed another girl but it was a mistake and he really loves her. or not! he could end up realizing he did like korra and get with her! it doesn't matter. NOT telling asami does not make him a better dude, and i am fairly certain asami isn't the sort of bitch who would toss her homeless ex-bf and his brother on the street just because he's not interested in her.

on an unrelated note
tumblr_m5dko0dGfQ1qc4x4wo1_r1_500.gif

Last edited:

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
they were in the mansion for at least a day settling in, or so it was implied. the longer he puts it off, the worse it looks.

and especially if it isn't a 'big deal' he should be open with his girlfriend and inform her that he kissed another girl but it was a mistake and he really loves her. or not! he could end up realizing he did like korra and get with her! it doesn't matter. NOT telling asami does not make him a better dude, and i am fairly certain asami isn't the sort of bitch who would toss her homeless ex-bf and his brother on the street just because he's not interested in her.

on an unrelated note
tumblr_m5dko0dGfQ1qc4x4wo1_r1_500.gif

Oh, I am not saying it has been right of Mako to not tell Asami about the kiss, simply it is just very understandable why he had/has not yet. I just disagree with the descriptor that Mako is acting heinous because he has/had not yet.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Oh, I am not saying it has been right of Mako to not tell Asami about the kiss, simply it is just very understandable why he had/has not yet. I just disagree with the descriptor that Mako is acting heinous because he has/had not yet.

No man he really isn't, after the shit with her father yes but before that he has no excuse. The moment she invited him and Bolin to live with her the decent thing for him to do was come clean.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
No man he really isn't, after the shit with her father yes but before that he has no excuse. The moment she invited him and Bolin to live with her the decent thing for him to do was come clean.

I agree that when Asami invited him and Bolin over to stay, that would have been best time to tell Asami about the kiss. But I think why he did not is very understandable, does not mean I excuse it. I just think it is a very typical human behavior, and I don't think it makes Mako heinous.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
The Season Finale promo for those who have not seen it or missed it.

Some interesting observations:
at 0:46, Amon is clenching his fist, usually clenched fists in fantasy shows imply some long-range effect that he would be causing. Which seems very similar to Bloodbending.
Then in the 0:48-0:50 range, both Korra (before she is grabbed) and Mako seem to be immobilized and twitching. Again very similar to the effects of Bloodbending. I think Amon might also be a Bloodbender, unless he has additional "spirit-powers".

Z

Zealkin

LATE POST BECAUSE OF CON, BUT THAT EPISODE WAS AMAZINGGGGGG
Once again, I'm finding it hard to express myself after that episode.

But here's the cosplay pic :)
tumblr_m5drazI2FT1r0k0lwo1_500.jpg

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
You make a lovely Korra. <3

But um yeah I just watched the new episode as well.
Holy shit Amon is immune to bloodbending? WHO THE FLIP IS THIS GUY?!

Also, Beifong, EARTHBEND ALL THE THINGS!!!! The way she can make her suit flip on was very awesome.

There's one more episode before the season finale, right?

About Mako
I'm indifferent to him, really. I find it perfectly understandable why he wouldn't tell Asami, but that doesn't mean he's not a dick. I also hope Asami doesn't go evil because that's just predictable.

Last edited:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Aww yeah that's what I want to see. I want action. I really couldn't give a flip about the shipping in this show. Nothing has happened to really make me interested.

Except Korra/Bolin does have cute factor, I will give you that.

I actually have another secret ship but I'm afraid to tell because it's borderline creepy

Also, am I the only one who hated Aang's voice?

Z

Zealkin

You make a lovely Korra. <3
Aww thanks :3

Aww yeah that's what I want to see. I want action. I really couldn't give a flip about the shipping in this show. Nothing has happened to really make me interested.

Except Korra/Bolin does have cute factor, I will give you that.

I actually have another secret ship but I'm afraid to tell because it's borderline creepy

Also, am I the only one who hated Aang's voice?
Tumblr had prepared me for every and any creepy ship.

is it amonxkorra?

And I was a little iffy on Aang's voice, it was alright i guess.

Top Bottom