Avatar: The Last Airbender & Korra (SPOILERS)

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
the post about pacing/makkora

It’s a really ballsy thing for the writers to attempt, and so far I’ve found the pace exhilarating rather than off-putting — I enjoy shows that know where they’re going and pull me along at Maglev speeds. It’s a different show from the original in tone and production circumstance, and expecting the exact same things out of it is setting yourself up for disappointment.

I'm sorry but this is bullshit. I'm not expecting the exact same things, but I am excepting a certain level of quality. If you are going to introduce this many characters and shove their development into twelve episodes, cut dumb pointless shit like this love triangle. It literally adds nothing to the plot and takes up time that could be used fleshing out characters.

Mako is just being a “typical” teenage boy. they make mistakes, no need to cast the man as being the devil himself!

So we're not allowed to give Mako the rightful scorning he deserves for being a selfish shit?

also part of the problem is mako has literally no character outside of his two timing antics. I keep hearing how he's overprotective of his brother, but how? Korra shows Bolin 10x the respect and concern Mako does. Shit, the guy is still practically stone cold expressionless when Amon nearly takes Bolin's bending, but Korra gets waited on hand and foot in the same scenario. In fact his first instinct when Asami calls Mako out on cheating his first instinct is to get mad at Bolin and toss him under the bus.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member

I'm sorry but this is bullshit. I'm not expecting the exact same things, but I am excepting a certain level of quality. If you are going to introduce this many characters and shove their development into twelve episodes, cut dumb pointless shit like this love triangle. It literally adds nothing to the plot and takes up time that could be used fleshing out characters.
Hey if that is your opinion on the pacing, that is your opinion. I was just using a piece of writing from a reviewer that I thought expressed her critiques well that happened to line up with my own personal reactions.

So we're not allowed to give Mako the rightful scorning he deserves for being a selfish shit?

also part of the problem is mako has literally no character outside of his two timing antics. I keep hearing how he's overprotective of his brother, but how? Korra shows Bolin 10x the respect and concern Mako does. Shit, the guy is still practically stone cold expressionless when Amon nearly takes Bolin's bending, but Korra gets waited on hand and foot in the same scenario. In fact his first instinct when Asami calls Mako out on cheating his first instinct is to get mad at Bolin and toss him under the bus.
No, Bill Rinaldi and others are simply saying that the degree of the amount of flak that Mako is getting is somewhat unwarranted and overblown in their view. No one is claiming Mako is making poor relationship choices (which are likely being written as purposeful human flaws), but that hardly makes him a terrible person or as ethically disreputable as the villains in the show.

And the Mako's different reactions with Bolin's and Korra's captures are pretty justified/explained due to their very different contexts. When Bolin got into trouble in episode 3, Mako at first assumed Bolin was getting into his typical trouble so it was something Mako was used to. When he later found out that Bolin was getting mixed up in the triads Mako got more worried but kept his cool because he was familiar with the triads. When they saw Bolin get captured by the Equalists Mako got worried but the reason why he was not as visibly upset compared to when he thought Korra was captured by Amon is because in episode 3, the Equalists had still not established themselves as a serious terrorist threat, as evident by the Protestor being to demonstrate in the park, they were simply only seen as a growing underground political movement. And when Mako and Korra were in the rally Mako was not being expressionless, he was able focus and devise a plan to rescue Bolin because Bolin was in his sights, unlike in episode 9 where Mako had no idea where Korra was.

Last edited:
Z

Zealkin

Well that's a matter of opinion. The love triangle does add character intrgiue, even if it does it in a way I do not prefer. We haven't even seen what it points to in the end, so we can't call it pointless so quickly. We still have another season with the possibility of another on the way, there's still time. Maybe this is just how Bryke wanted to approach the first season, don't completely knock the quality just because the triangle isn't pleasing to you this time around.
I don't think that's what Bill was saying. People are literally crucifying Mako for the mistakes, THAT'S the problem. And calling him things that he doesn't completely deserve, like he's the worst scum on the planet. I'm sorry but he's not. Sure he's being a confused hormonal derp right now but that doesn't validate calling him the worst human being evur/douchebag. I know that's not what you just said but that's how a lot of people see him and it's becoming tiring.

We might just have to agree to disagree here, because that's not how I see it at all. And during the part where Amon is about to take his bending away he was just being rational, something that they needed at the time. Do you honestly think they would be able to just break through the crowd without getting thoroughly owned themselves for acting rash? Just because he was wearing a poker face, doesn't mean he wasn't concerned, he had a little time to work with, and when Bolin was the last in line and Korra hasn't worked the steam into the area yet, he WAS getting a little panicked. By planning things out Mako avoided causing him and korra further harm and gave them a BETTER chance at rescuing Bolin. And seeing how protective Mako was/is of Bolin is reflective in Bolin's own personality. He is innocent in many ways despite being raised in the same situation Mako was in, he was taught lessons that Mako probably imbued in him that the fandom loves about him. No Mako's not even close to being perfect, he is very very flawed, and he can only grow from here on out. And hopefully the same can be said for Bolin.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
And wow, even Bill Rinaldi (the Martial Arts Coordinator/ Videographer/ Production Coordinator/ Doorman of the show) has been asked to weigh in on the Mako-hate on tumblr: http://bill-rinaldi.tumblr.com/post/25402203452/bill-what-do-you-think-of-all-the-hate-that-a-good
firebenderfanatic asked: Bill, what do you think of all the hate that a good majority of the fandom is heaping upon Mako?

As this question has now crossed my box no less than 30 times today I guess i should publish my response…

Mako is just being a “typical” teenage boy. they make mistakes, no need to cast the man as being the devil himself!
FYI, Bill Rinladi has commented further on the Mako debate.
psych-otic asked: Bill, what is your opinion on normal teenage boys and how they act?

they do stupid things, I did stupid things as a teenager! Life is about making mistakes and learning from them. Nobody is perfect and if they claim to be they are full of it. Yes Mako made a mistake a HUGE one, but know is the time for him to learn from it, learn why he did it, and how to not make that mistake again. I’m not arguing what he did was right, but i don’t think he deserves the hate he is getting for it, there are far worse people in the world.

EDIT: Twice!
ALRIGHT!
I’m done with the Mako arguments… JUST WATCH THE REST OF THE SHOW AND ENJOY IT!

IT’S GOING TO BE A DOOOZY!

The three O’s were on purpose….

Last edited:

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
Some pretty f**king awesome The Dark Knight Rises/The Legend of Korra mash-ups:
Amon with Bane's Deshi Basara

Then two different mock trailers using the most recent show footage. The first one is with Korra as Batman, the second Mako is Batman (or Batmako)

Last edited:

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
Some interesting stuff to see after the Season Finale
Season 1, Book 1 Finale of Nickelodeon’s Hit Animated Adventure Series, “The Legend of Korra,” Premieres Saturday, June 23, at 11:00 a.m. (ET/PT) with an Hour-Long TV Event

Nicktoons to Showcase Special Two-Week Event Featuring Exclusive Commentary from Series Creators Beginning July 9

In the first half of The Legend of Korra Season 1, Book 1 finale, “Skeletons in the Closest,” premiering at 11 a.m. (ET/PT) on Nickelodeon, Korra goes undercover as the war between benders and non-benders intensifies. In episode two, “Endgame,” Korra faces the Equalists’ mysterious leader, Amon, as the war in Republic City comes to a head.

After the finale, The Legend of Korra fans can learn more about the mythology and creation of this franchise by tuning into the Nicktoons’ “Korra: Making of a Legend” special event from July 9 – July 20 during which all twelve episodes from Season 1, Book 1 will air weekdays at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT). Each “creators cut” episode offers insight into the creation of the stunning imagery, mythology and storyline where series creators and executive producers, Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko, provide commentary.

The Legend of Korra follows the adventures of the next Avatar – a passionate, rebellious and fearless teenage girl from the Southern Water Tribe named Korra who continually challenges and bucks tradition on her quest to become a fully realized Avatar in a world where benders are under attack.

Also a funny fan-comic (if Bumi does turn out to be Iroh's father, this is totally my head cannon)
tumblr_m5tsq1SULV1r9une3o1_250.jpg

tumblr_m5tsq1SULV1r9une3o2_250.jpg

tumblr_m5tsq1SULV1r9une3o3_250.jpg

tumblr_m5tsq1SULV1r9une3o4_250.jpg

Last edited:
Z

Zealkin

FYI, Bill Rinladi has commented further on the Mako debate.

EDIT: Twice!
THANK YOU. SERIOUSLY. Some people were commenting on his post saying OH SINCE HE'S A GUY IT'S A OKAY??!!!11 And no that's not what he was saying. Teenagers in general are just dumb sometimes, Mako's proof of this.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
THANK YOU. SERIOUSLY. Some people were commenting on his post saying OH SINCE HE'S A GUY IT'S A OKAY??!!!11 And no that's not what he was saying. Teenagers in general are just dumb sometimes, Mako's proof of this.
Yeah, I also never understood people who have been claiming that the show is not treating Mako's mistakes as actual mistakes. Mako has gotten In-Universe flak for his actions, and Mako has apologized nearly every time (the only time he hasn't was the most recent episode and all he said was "things are crazy right now, can we deal with our relationship problems later?" which is seriously not a completely unforgivable/malicious to say, and even is a somewhat good point about the current situation being inappropriate timing).

Bill Rinaldi also commented on the recent "Bolin has no character development complaints":
stripedshirtseveryday asked: Why has Bolin and any potential for character development been forsaken? :(

Another Question i get 30 times a day….

I feel Bolin has gotten PLENTY of development, he may not get as much screen time as other but that’s because there are sooo many characters its hard to cram them all into 24 minutes.

Bolin isn’t as underdeveloped as you may think, we know A LOT about him, he’s caring, he’s loyal, he’s tough, yet sensitive, he’s an emotional wreck, he’s a stand up kind of guy when he needs to be, he loves his pet and his brother. He’s pretty naive, and silly. For a 16 year old he’s been through a hell of a lot, and i think it has shaped him into who he is.
I agree with this a lot, Bill Rinaldi openly acknowledges Bolin has not had as much screen-time as other characters, but that does not mean he has not gotten a decent amount of character development. Somone on tumblr put it well:
I think the term “character development” is misused a lot in entertainment today. It seems that in order for a character to be developed he/her has to experience a big emotional catharsis before he/her can be a fully developed character. I think character development is better when it goes unnoticed until one re-watches old episodes and sees the change. Real people develop slowly over a long amount of time with each little decision, action, and reaction shaping who they are. When fictional characters are treated the same way, to me it makes them feel more real and less like soap opera tropes. As The Doctor says, “every life is a pile of good things and bad things” not just one big bang.

Last edited:

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2012/06/19/the-legend-of-korra-creators-preview-the-finale/

The Wall Street Journal interview with Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko done by Christopher John Farley. Reconfirms that Iroh is Zuko's grandson, not his son. They also have this to say about Lin Bei Fong's sacrifice, which may seem cruel to some people but makes perfect sense from a dramatic storytelling perspective.
A lot of fans were struck by the scene in which Lin Beifong sacrifices herself and then has her bending taken away. What was it like creating that sequence?

Konietzko: I like nothing more than a character sacrificing himself or herself for the sake of others. That’s drama at its finest for me.

DiMartino: That scene is definitely one of my favorites from the whole first season. It’s got so much emotion wrapped up in it. In terms of her past relationship with Tenzin, and the fact that his family are the last airbenders and she’s willing to make this sacrifice to save them. And Jeremy’s music in that section just brought home the whole tragic feeling.

This is what they have to say on the possibility of a third season of The Legend of Korra
How many seasons do you see yourselves doing “Korra” and when will there be a decision on a third season?

Konietzko: Those aren’t really the decisions that we make. I see that with the fans too. I think they think Mike and I pick the show up and greenlight it. That’s not the way it works.

DiMartino: We have story ideas for past book two. So we will see if and when those stories come to light.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
http://korranation.tumblr.com/post/25461176053/the-legend-of-korra-cast-will-be-taking-over-mtvgeek
Interesting opportunity for those with Twitter accounts:
‘The Legend of Korra’ cast will be taking over @MTVGeek starting Wednesday!

Hey, Korra Nation! Starting this Wednesday, the cast of Korra will be taking over the @MTVGeek twitter account to answer your questions!

Each Korra voice actor will be on the @MTVGeek twitter account for a half hour. Check out the lineup below:

P.J. Byrne (Bolin): Wednesday, 6/20 @ 2:30 EST/11:30 PST

David Faustino (Mako): Thursday 6/21 @ 2:30 EST/11:30 PST

Janet Varney (Korra): Friday 6/22 @ 1:00 EST/10:00 PST

Ask questions in advance by tweeting at @MTVGeek and using the hashtag #KorraMTVGeek.

Via MTV Geek

6/19/2012
Considering the state of the Korra-fandom on tumblr, I sure hope David Faustino does not get much misdirected hate on Thursday.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
why i don't like mako is: he's still a protag character (rather than say zuko, who had to debate with himself for seasons on the right choice before he finally made it), the only person who seems to be bringing this up as a bad thing is asami (likely because she knows him best at this point and he has all but abandoned her for korra from what we've seen), and as of yet, not much has happened that would make mako realize CHEATING IS BAD MMKAY. i mean, yeah, there's the last episode, but you'd think he'd learn this lesson idk BEFORE THE CITY WAS BURNING. i would just rather see mako mature more before makorra happens and im feeling like that won't really happen this season and feel concerned that they'll push for makorra anyways.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
why i don't like mako is: he's still a protag character (rather than say zuko, who had to debate with himself for seasons on the right choice before he finally made it), the only person who seems to be bringing this up as a bad thing is asami (likely because she knows him best at this point and he has all but abandoned her for korra from what we've seen), and as of yet, not much has happened that would make mako realize CHEATING IS BAD MMKAY. i mean, yeah, there's the last episode, but you'd think he'd learn this lesson idk BEFORE THE CITY WAS BURNING. i would just rather see mako mature more before makorra happens and im feeling like that won't really happen this season and feel concerned that they'll push for makorra anyways.
Mako has gotten in-universe flak from Bolin and Korra as well, not just Asami.

And Mako knows that cheating is bad, he immediately regretted kissing Korra back. Other than that all Mako has done has been extra-supportive of Korra as friend, but is admittedly having his unresolved affection for Korra show in his acts of kindness. So while it is true Mako has unresolved feelings for Korra, Mako has never said he never wants to address it, he simply wants postpone discussion of it until after the war is over (of course storytelling mechanics will likely somehow have/force him to confront and resolve his issues during the Season Finale).

And there have been plenty of protagonists in fiction who have held affections/feelings for more than one person, and they are still respected as characters.

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Mako has gotten in-universe flak from Bolin and Korra as well, not just Asami.

And Mako knows that cheating is bad, he immediately regretted kissing Korra back. Other than that all Mako has done has been extra-supportive of Korra as friend, but is admittedly having his unresolved affection for Korra show in his acts of kindness. So while it is true Mako has unresolved feelings for Korra, Mako has never said he never wants to address it, he simply wants postpone discussion of it until after the war is over (of course storytelling mechanics will likely somehow have/force him to confront and resolve his issues during the Season Finale).

And there have been plenty of protagonists in fiction who have held affections/feelings for more than one person, and they are still respected as characters.
aerith didn't tongue cloud while she was dating zack.

so basically what mako wants is rather than breaking it off with his girlfriend or at least giving her the decency of a conversation when he barely gives her the time of day is to ask to wait on it while he looks all moon-eyed at korra? im sorry, but no, that is a shitty way to respond. it's selfish, especially since korra herself said that asami needed him now. it's not that i don't understand why he does it. i just don't like him for it.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
aerith didn't tongue cloud while she was dating zack.
There are still plenty of other protagonists (that are well liked by their fandoms) that have been in Love Triangles like Mako is in.

so basically what mako wants is rather than breaking it off with his girlfriend or at least giving her the decency of a conversation when he barely gives her the time of day is to ask to wait on it while he looks all moon-eyed at korra? im sorry, but no, that is a shitty way to respond. it's selfish, especially since korra herself said that asami needed him now. it's not that i don't understand why he does it. i just don't like him for it.
No, he he simply does not want his relationship problems get in the way of the war. He is simply arguing that his and Asami's relationship problems are not the most important thing at the moment and that saving Republic City is their main priority. It is not the most graceful or sensitive way to handle relationship problems but it is certainly not motivated by selfishness or malicious intent.
And Mako does not intentionally/consciously act "moon-eyed"/lovey-dovey towards Korra, it is more part of his "tunnel vision" flaw (that is definitely being influenced by his unresolved feelings towards Korra) of overly focusing on one person or thing that is in trouble that he cares about.
And again Mako's character arc (in terms of his romantic relationships) is still not over, it is going to get resolved. Maybe he'll break up with Asami or vice versa, or maybe he and Asami will repair their relationship (that would be very surprising, but I don't think it is inconceivable of Bryke going that route).

EDIT: Just to be clear I am not arguing that one should not be allowed to dislike Mako, just I am arguing against the accusation/statement that his character is being intentionally malicious/selfish (and character bashing in general).

Last edited:

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
No, he he simply does not want his relationship problems get in the way of the war. He is simply arguing that his and Asami's relationship problems are not the most important thing at the moment and that saving Republic City is their main priority. It is not the most graceful or sensitive way to handle relationship problems but it is certainly not motivated by selfishness or malicious intent.

honestly i think the excuse of "let's talk about it later" is such a cop out on mako's part esp considering how much time he had to sort all this shit out beforehand

plus the fact that ASAMI CLEARLY GIVES HIM A WAY OUT. she flat out asks how he feels about korra and he lies to her, again, and then pushes her aside to dote on korra. he seems determined to drag this shit out until he has severely hurt asami; the fact that he lacks any awareness to realize this is what he's doing is really ridiculous

like how do you not know that barking orders at your gf to dote on your crush/flat out ignoring your gf to act physically affectionate towards someone else is a shitty thing to do

how do you not know

he and Asami will repair their relationship (that would be very surprising, but I don't think it is inconceivable of Bryke going that route).

i hope asami pours gasoline in his breakfast is that too mean

also this all comes back to shitty pacing. half of the reason this is incredibly frustrating is that mako and korra literally have no reason (beyond the most shallow) to even like each other. where did mako's sudden surge of affection even come from? and hilariously enough for a main character/love interest we know the least about him personally aside from some quick exposition. also why does korra even like him? i feel like this is where the series takes two steps forward and one step back; we have a strong POC female lead and her love story is basically "the hot jackass who ignores you will eventually come around"

wow bryke thank

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Mako's a dumbass. I think everyone can agree on this.

Mako is also a 17 year old boy who's not very good with his own emotions.

Sentence 2 rather neatly explains sentence 1 and the ways he cocked up with this whole LT thing. I'm not going to vilify him just for being a dipshit, but yes, the boy absolutely needs to start working on being more open and honest with everyone, and that includes himself.

Mako is the archetype of 'this is my problem, no one else's, no one else should have to bother with this' and gets defensive when folks call him on it. It's stupid, but I can see entirely why he's grown accustomed to that coping method for various issues.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
honestly i think the excuse of "let's talk about it later" is such a cop out on mako's part esp considering how much time he had to sort all this shit out beforehand

plus the fact that ASAMI CLEARLY GIVES HIM A WAY OUT. she flat out asks how he feels about korra and he lies to her, again, and then pushes her aside to dote on korra. he seems determined to drag this shit out until he has severely hurt asami; the fact that he lacks any awareness to realize this is what he's doing is really ridiculous

like how do you not know that barking orders at your gf to dote on your crush/flat out ignoring your gf to act physically affectionate towards someone else is a shitty thing to do

how do you not know
It may be a excuse, but he still does have a decent point, a war is bad time to try resolve/discuss relationship problems. Mako is lying not simply to Asami, Mako lies to himself and suppresses his feelings often, he himself likely does not realize that his feelings for Korra are influencing his behaviors, it is an intentional character flaw in order to create drama. Like Ryushikaze (FYI Mako is 18 years old) said
Mako is the archetype of "this is my problem, no one else's, no one else should have to bother with this" and gets defensive when folks call him on it.

i hope asami pours gasoline in his breakfast is that too mean

also this all comes back to shitty pacing. half of the reason this is incredibly frustrating is that mako and korra literally have no reason (beyond the most shallow) to even like each other. where did mako's sudden surge of affection even come from? and hilariously enough for a main character/love interest we know the least about him personally aside from some quick exposition. also why does korra even like him? i feel like this is where the series takes two steps forward and one step back; we have a strong POC female lead and her love story is basically "the hot jackass who ignores you will eventually come around"

wow bryke thank
I am not going to argue about the show's pacing, that is another debate entirely, but Mako's and Korra's feelings for each other are not more sudden/shallow than Mako's and Asami's affection for each other or Bolin's affection for Korra other. And Mako never ignored Korra beyond episode 2.

Last edited:

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
Mako is the archetype of 'this is my problem, no one else's, no one else should have to bother with this' and gets defensive when folks call him on it. It's stupid, but I can see entirely why he's grown accustomed to that coping method for various issues.
i'd be more okay with this as a flaw if there was any indication of him growing out of it before makorra happened? but given the clip from the last episode this seems doubtful at this point. maybe this will be some big conflict in the second season, idk, but it really bugs me that all of his junk feels like it has pretty much made his brother into a scapegoat and a plot device.

is this going to be a distraction when the war effort is going on? yes. but i think it'll be even worse if he continues to put it off and continue to pursue korra.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
i'd be more okay with this as a flaw if there was any indication of him growing out of it before makorra happened? but given the clip from the last episode this seems doubtful at this point. maybe this will be some big conflict in the second season, idk, but it really bugs me that all of his junk feels like it has pretty much made his brother into a scapegoat and a plot device.

is this going to be a distraction when the war effort is going on? yes. but i think it'll be even worse if he continues to put it off and continue to pursue korra.
What, you think Mako and Korra are going to start dating or have a kissing moment during the middle of the finale before Mako and Asami have broken up or something?

As for the clips, Mako and Korra being affectionate with each other is not the same thing as Mako pursuing Korra for a romantic relationship, it is just them being honest about their emotions.

Personally, I think most likely outcome is that something will force Asami and Mako to finally resolve their problems, and if it does end up with them breaking up, I could see some romantic Makorra moment at the very end, e.g. Mako bringing Korra out of the Avatar State or something.

Last edited:

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
What, you think Mako and Korra are going to start dating or have a kissing moment during the middle of the finale before Mako and Asami have broken up or something?

As for the clips, Mako and Korra being affectionate with each other is not the same thing as Mako pursuing Korra for a romantic relationship, it is just them being honest about their emotions.

Personally, I think most likely outcome is that something will force Asami and Mako to finally resolve their problems, and if it does end up with them breaking up, I could see some romantic Makorra moment at the very end, e.g. Mako bringing Korra out of the Avatar State or something.
honestly, during their talk, the way it was cut at the end made it look like they were going to start smoochin. which would be immensely disappointing for me should that happen because it seems like a lot of other issues should be solved before that happens.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
honestly, during their talk, the way it was cut at the end made it look like they were going to start smoochin. which would be immensely disappointing for me should that happen because it seems like a lot of other issues should be solved before that happens.

I'll admit if the clip does follow up with them kissing and the context takes place before any break-up (which we don't know for sure), it would make both Korra and Mako look much more insensitive than usual, but I think it is more likely they are going to be interrupted by someone (due to the quivering/crescendo music).

Last edited:
Z

Zealkin

Why is Korra helping Mako find his brother and learning about his past, not enough for Korra to at least START liking him? Episode 3 seemed to be a pretty good indicator that she was starting to have feelings for him, especially when she grabbed his arm in order to be "in disguise". Plus the fact that they're on the same team and would have been training for awhile is enough background to start attraction.

If you're going to say Korra's attraction to Mako is shallow, Asami and his is even more so in that light. Personally I think both relationships developed to a certain extent, but why is Korra and Mako's relationship the only one that is deemed shallow?

Top Bottom