• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Bloodborne

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
thrad revive beacause I have this and I'm growing quite fond of it :monster:

After fifty deaths and shit, I finally beat the first boss - actually, it only took me err, 3 or 4 tries, two of which weren't really serious (although one was with an Old Hunter dude). The last attempt went pretty smoothly actually, I managed to dodge most attacks, even stagger the dude with some napalm and bullets and shit.

Just did part of the aqueducts that follow, and I didn't even die before getting through a shortcut to the checkpoint, so I guess I must start to suck less.

I can now unlock some weapons; Saw Cleaver, Kirkhammer, that kinda shit. (I started with the axe). I kinda like the Saw Cleaver better for its asthetic, so I'll probably get that or the spear, which seems a little better. Kirkhammer is a high strength weapon though, and off course that's the build I'm going for first time. I'll probably go for something more elegant if I ever get to a second playthrough / character.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Shit fuck balls I just beat
the err, hungry blood beast or some shit, Old Yharnam boss
. I needed a moment to catch my breath afterwards, :awesome:

Haven't had that in a game like err... forever? idk. TL;DR, the game can be tl;dr and frustrating sometimes (I wasn't familiar with the level and lost my co-operator dude several times), but it's got its moments and they're like asdfhijkl.

Also, eldritch.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Shit fuck balls I just beat
the err, hungry blood beast or some shit, Old Yharnam boss
. I needed a moment to catch my breath afterwards, :awesome:

Haven't had that in a game like err... forever? idk. TL;DR, the game can be tl;dr and frustrating sometimes (I wasn't familiar with the level and lost my co-operator dude several times), but it's got its moments and they're like asdfhijkl.

Also, eldritch.

This is easily my new favourite poast of yours. :awesomonster:

X :neo:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
You should've scolded me for poasting untagged spoilers though :monster:

Yesterday I haven't progressed, was just faffing about a bit. Did a lap of Central Yharnam to idk, grind stuff (it goes a lot easier the 11456th time around) and found a biggish section I hadn't even found before (kinda like the aqueducts). I dig how this game has a lot of semi-hidden areas like that, and going back makes you discover new shit you hadn't seen before. I only found online that at the very start,
there's a dude at a window that gives you hints about where you should go next
. I'm sure I've still missed a lot. IDK how far along in the game I am right now, but, I should do another playthrough with a walkthrough next time around.

Don't know if the game has enough builds or variation between characters to warrant that though, I've reached the soft cap (25 points) in strength already, idk if there's weapons or whatever out there that require moar.

There's also a biggish expansion / DLC that supposedly is its own game, so, yeh.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
kek, just had my first pvp encounter with der-swedish-girl who was actually German, :monster:. I like to think I had a decent shot, she was getting rekt by a big zombie dude and shit. But then I got trapped behind the zombie dudes and got pwnt. She then sent me a screenshot of a victory pose and a "you defeated Cthulhu" message.

What is this, online gaming people being social in a somewhat interesting fashion instead of just yelling cука Блят? :monster:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
aww yii another boss down.

Vicar Amelia this time, and all things considered, it wasn't too bad; a bit earlier in the level (from a cathedral checkpoint), you can pick up an Old Hunter. Downside is that she will ring a Sinister Bell, drawing pvp peoples. But no such luck tonight, and she's rather tough / heals herself for quite a bit. Having someone else distract the dude while you spam the legs and sliec the feisu works quite well. Both the Old Hunter and the Vicar died at roughly the same time, so, w00p.

Kind of at a crossroads though, I can go err, several directions now. I should probably do the optional areas (according to the guide) before continuing with the main route.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Oh yay, now the undead
got infested with tentacled monstrosities and spawn tentacles everywhere

:awesome:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I've had my cock out and have been fapping the whole time :awesome:

Actually / honestly, I was shitting bricks; I had almost 50K blood wossnames, hadn't found any return points forever. There was an elevator somewhere which I took but there was a dude there and I was like nope nope nope nope and went back to kill some more tentacled monstrosities. Then reconsidered and looked up a walkthrough to make sure what I was walking into.

So like I've probably mentioned elsewhere, I really don't like jump scares, but this game's wossnames aren't actually that bad and they can be quite predictable - well, except for
some trap pit I fell into and I was eaten by zombie birds. Who didn't hit me so I pwned them instead.
. The game strikes a very good balance between tension and action, like, going into an area for the first time is tense as fuck, but going through it the 9001th time is like lawl yolo, killing everything before they finish their ambushing animation. I bet it's one of those games where the first playthrough takes hundres of hours, but a speedrun takes like one or two. I'll look that up once I've finished the game. If ever.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
fuck me sideways. Went pretty well for a long while, now I'm stuck at some dudes.

Yahar'Gul Chapel has a bit with three hunters; stab one guy, other two join in and they're all fast as fuck and do a ton of damage and that's not cool. I managed to kill the easier guy by sneaking up and stabbing him in the back with an sord of Japanese proportions, but the other guys, fuck. I've already managed to figure out how to separate them (run back to the latern), but even then, whip guy is tough to beat.

I've googled around a bit though, I'm not out of options yet; one option is to chobble a Lead Potion (I have a few I think), which will prevent staggering. Another, more original one is to run downstairs and lock oneself up in a cell block there, stabby stabbing out from there. There's a werewolf down there though. Can also still try sneaking / stabbing / visceral attacking for some bonus HP pwnage.

The frustrating thing is I had the dude down to like no health earlier. Grrr.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Fuck me this game has some Things That Should Not Be.

Fortunately I have a big sword to ensure they stop Being.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
The One Reborn.

You know, that One guy. :monster:

I've no clue what the story is about, but I'll just let it happen as I go along. I'll read some story analysis (insofar as there is a story beyond cryptic messages and cutscenes) once I've finished the main storyline thing. I get a feeling I'm getting close now.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
On that note, here's a tidbit I found at the bottom of this dude's wiki page:

vs

On that note, the theme is pretty good - at least, when it plays. It's usually pretty quiet.

edit no wait

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I've killed loads of bloody crows,
even crowdoges
, but none prefixed with a The yet. Still in some nightmare, with babby cries here and there. Fucking babbies. I mean how is babby formed? How girl get pregnant? Do I even want to know? If I see it, can it be Unseen? I mean planting eyes on our brains to cleanse our beastly idiocy is one thing, but what if you See too much?

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
He's an NPC and a real piece of shit. Easily the hardest fight I've had in the game thus far.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot

that's me fighting this festering pile of bullshit

notice how he comes very close to 2-hitting me several times with ease

Top Bottom