[Case of Shinra Finished] Any news on the new OTWTAS entries?

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
Seriously, I will hate Aerith if it becomes canon that she loves Cloud more than Zack.

After all Zack's effort to get back to Midgar regardless of the danger?!

After she'd known him longer than Cloud?!?

I don't mind that she loves Cloud, but loving him more than Zack? GUH

I will totally hate her. I know I said that I don't like it when people hate on Aerith, but that. NO. JUST. FREAKING. NO.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Yeah I can't say I'm fond of the idea either. I mean, Zack DIED trying to get back to her. Trying to fulfill his promise and her tiny little wishes. :(

But who knows? We'll just have to wait and see.

DillyDally

盈盈一水间 脉&
Isabella, aren't you an editor? :awesomonster:

And also, I think they're just teasing us. D:

Of course, it could differ... if we have the book. Hito....? :comedian:

So when will hito get it done? I hope I'll get my novellas before that.

Chasing away poor Aerith seems amusing enough. :monster:
It surely is!

Isabella

Your Mom
Aerith saying she considers Cloud her sweetheart isn't the same thing as saying she loves him more than Zack. That's why I asked if the story specifically said that. :)

Also, I wait in suspense for how hitobito translates koibito: sweetheart? lover? boyfriend? nice guy? :monster:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Ugh, there's never any escaping the LTD.....

I suppose its not an option just to acknowledge that everyone (Cloud, Zack, Aeris, and Tifa) all care for one another and leave it at that?

Last edited:

kelly20

Pro Adventurer
Ugh, there's never any escaping the LTD.....

I suppose its not an option just to acknowledge that everyone (Cloud, Zack, Aeris, and Tifa) all care for one another and eave it at that?

yes, yes, I agree.. I still think the LTD is pretty much over..

GAh.. there are so many novels.. all of them come in one big book right? :loopy:
Nanaki's Case sounds depressing.. poor him..
all the novellas seem angstyy..

Last edited:
Why would Zack not appear in CoL, considering we have this statement: "At all times, her first love Zack is always by her side"?
In any case, I hope it's false rumour.

Last edited:

crack

Donator
If she 'loves him,' it doesn't necessarily matter, nor does it tie in with the story about Cloud 'loving Aerith.' There's nothing canon about Aerith loving Cloud. If she loves him, then that's SE's choice, but the obvious answer is that SE intended it to be Tifa to be Cloud's partner. An actual creator of the game spoke of this being referred to as Tifa being a koibito (and to whom, is obvious), rather than having an UNSPOKEON, one-sided love.

A

Great Old One
UNSPOKEON, one-sided love.
That pretty much sums it up.

If Aerith is referring herself as Cloud's koibito, it's not only one-sided, but unspoken of - unless, she speaks to him in the CoL speaking of anything pertinent to the subject of love - which, Tifa did in CoT (:wackymonster:).

Hopefully we'll see more of this soon.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
What are you talking about?

Aerith doesn't say she loves Zack more. Wtf are you talking about?

She just called Cloud her koibito. There's nothing indicative that she loves Zack more. She was only thinking of what Cloud meant to her, because

And yes, Zack does not appear in the novellas. Lifestream White and Lifestream Black are just Aerith and Sephiroth respectively.

Red XIII's story is sad because he has to come to terms with the fact that due to the fact he has such a long lifespan, he will essentially see all his friends die before him. It's why he ends up confiding this fear with Vincent and they both are able to understand this fear. And because of it, they promise that at least once a year, they'll meet and talk to each other and never lose touch.

And I have no idea what you're talking about, Cloud getting Geostigma from Denzel. That's not in the novel.

Last edited:
I still say it would be nice to see an "X Centuries later" scene and have Vincent included there. Maybe not adding him in the old 500 years later scene, but a new scene which will help to complete the Compilation.

Looking forward to Nanaki's case the most. THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE!

Selphie Tilmitt

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Maidenofwar
Well, with Aerith she pined for Zack for years - and she wore pink, the ribbon and started a business like he suggested to her ne? Plus she probably achieved a world record for the number of records she wrote to the guy :P Elymra said she was heart broken when he didn't call too.

However Zack being a bit of a lady's man was something that always bothered Aerith and in the media the creators even joke as to which girlfriend was it that Zack was going to visit. Even though we know who it really was for them to joke about it? Then there is the part in the Ultimanias about Aerith being able to "sense" things and that she's jealous/worried about what Zack might be up to in Crisis Core. I know there was nothing in it but with Zack and Cissnei maybe something like that would have bothered Aerith? *shrugs*

Then she met Cloud and I am one of those that believes that Aerith *was* starting to move on, that she was intrigued in the differences she sensed in Cloud and that she wanted to find out about him. Even though the canonity of Maiden is in dispute she says that Zack and other girls is his bad point "And that's your bad point. You're not simplistic and awkward like Cloud." Maybe she just likes that Cloud wasn't a ladies man :P

So yeah I wouldn't blame/hate Aerith if she loved Cloud for Cloud, she loved Zack too. People do move on, it's not a crime. However Aerith and Zack are in the lifestream and Cloud and Tifa aren't :wacky:

With Zack always being by her side and there not being any other women for her to worry about Aerith might still love him too :kiss:

I don't think there's really anything really wrong about Aerith loving some things about Zack and some things about Cloud ^-^

It's probably just the weirdness that is me but I believe it is possible to love multiple people :wacky:

Don't hate Aerith you'll make me sad :(
:P

Last edited:

Ravynne Nevyrmore

that one Lucrecia fangirl
AKA
Ravynne
Where are those bits of dialogue between Nanaki and Vincent? I tried to search on Google for "on the way to a smile nanaki vincent" and somehow ended up at yet another site that chronicles SY's crazy.

God love the internet.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
They aren't on the web yet because the translations haven't been completed and posted yet :monster:

I'm going off of what hitoshura has told me since he's reading it now and stuff.

halfhearted

Lv. 25 Adventurer
i can't help but be annoyed by them adding that aerith sees cloud her koibito. it's ridiculous. i've been a cloud & aerith supporter in the past but now, viewing the compilation as a whole, the zack & aerith / cloud & tifa pairings add much more significance to the plot. it's annoying they would add that about aerith loving cloud more just to fuel the ltd and please the cloud & aerith fans that may have been irked by all of zack & aerith interaction in crisis core.

Isabella

Your Mom
I think people are reading too much into this. We know she felt an attraction for Cloud just before she died, so her calling Cloud the guy she has feelings for isn't totally out of the blue. So far I haven't heard that she compares one to the other and prefers A or B.

I do find it odd that she doesn't encounter Zack though, since they're obviously hanging out come AC time. Do we know the time frame of CoL?

A

Great Old One
However Zack being a bit of a lady's man was something that always bothered Aerith and in the media the creators even joke as to which girlfriend was it that Zack was going to visit. Even though we know who it really was for them to joke about it? Then there is the part in the Ultimanias about Aerith being able to "sense" things and that she's jealous/worried about what Zack might be up to in Crisis Core. I know there was nothing in it but with Zack and Cissnei maybe something like that would have bothered Aerith? *shrugs*
Zack was never unfaithful to Aerith.

Don't hate Aerith you'll make me sad
I agree with this - what's wrong with moving on?

As Isabella said, it'd be cool to know when the time frame of this story takes place. :monster:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I think I'm going to stay away from this thread until hito finishes the translations or SE releases and English version.

Defade

ブルーレイ★&#1
Where are those bits of dialogue between Nanaki and Vincent? I tried to search on Google for "on the way to a smile nanaki vincent" and somehow ended up at yet another site that chronicles SY's crazy.

God love the internet.

ヴィンセント?ヴィンセント!ここで何を?」
「私が聞きたい」
ヴィンセントは面白くなさそうに言った。

"Vincent? Vincent! What are you doing here?"
"That's what I wanted to ask."
Vincent said with an indifferent face.

(中略)

「おまえは、押し倒したハンターの喉を食いちぎろうとしていた。子供が泣きながら友達とかなんとか言っていた。何があったのかは知らない。しかし、私が見たのは、知り合いのナナキではなく、人間を襲う獣だった。だから、私は撃った」

"You were trying to bite the throat of that hunter you pounced. The kid was crying and talking about his friend. I don't know what happend, but what I saw, was not the Nanaki I knew. That was just a beast attacking humans. That's why I fired my gun."
(中略)

ヴィンセントは、これで終わりと言うように立ち上がった。そして思い出したように言った。
「何もしないという選択肢もある。私はそれを選んだことがある」
「どうだった?」
「罰としては良かったかもしれない」

Vincent brings a close to the conversation by standing up. Having second thoughts, he said.
"Not doing anything is a legimate choice as well. And that's what I chose."
"How was it?"
"It made a good punishment."
(中略)

「ひとりぼっちだ」
ナナキは震えながら言った。

"I'm all alone"
Nanaki said, shivering.

「長命のオイラが、いつかは必ず体験する孤独――孤独の恐怖。それがギリガン?」
"Being long lived, I'll eventually experience that loneliness - the horror of being alone. Is that what you call
Gilligan?"(k. No idea whether this is supposed to relate to Gilligan's Island or not.)

「私は取り越し苦労と呼んでいる」
"I call it worrying needlessly."

「茶化さないでよ!」
ナナキの怒りを、ヴィンセントは鼻で笑ってから言う。
"Don't joke about it!"
In face of Nanaki's anger, Vincent merely snorted and continued.

「では、こう想像してみろ。おまえは孤独にはならない。もしかしたら子供だって持つことになるかもしれない」
"Then imagine this. You won't be alone. You might even have children."

「オイラの子供?想像できないよ。ニビ熊しか出てこない」
"My children? Not something I can imagine. Can't think of anything but bears."

「では、これはどうだ。おまえは、年に一度、ミッドガルを訪ねる。そこでは私が待っている。私がおまえのくだらない話を、興味無さそうに聞いている」
ナナキはその様子を思い浮かべた。ヴィンセントの、うんざりした顔が目に浮かぶ。するとナナキの震えが止まった。ギリガンは姿を消したらしい。
"Then how about this? You will visit Midgar once a year. I will wait for you there. And I'll listen to your rants and musings without much interest."
The image surfaced in Nanaki's mind. Vincent's bored face appeared before his eyes. Nanaki stopped shivering. Gilligan disappeared from his mind.

「震えが止まったようだな」
「うん。でも、ヴィンセントだっていつか――」
「そのいつかは、来ない。私は不老不死だ。幸か不幸か、な」
「あ――」
ナナキはヴィンセントが抱えることになる孤独を思った。長命とはいえ、ナナキもいつかは死ぬ。
でもヴィンセントは――
"You stopped shivering."
"Yeah. But someday, even Vincent will-"
"That someday will never come to pass. I am immortal. Call it a stroke of fortune or misfortune."
"Ah.."
Nanaki thought about the loneliness Vincent will be embracing. Despite having a long life span, Nanaki will die one day.
But Vincent-

Last edited:

Selphie Tilmitt

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Maidenofwar
Can't think of anything but bears."

... :lol:

Thanks for that Defade.

Thanks Alise <3

I know Zack was never unfaithful to Aerith but he still asked Cissnei out to dinner and a movie, even though he did that with other people too it might have bothered Aerith because Cissnei was a girl :monster: I'm just trying to look at things from Aerith's PoV here :P

A

Great Old One
Didn't Cisseni ask Zack out to dinner......? Well, I would say one's pretty faithful to his girl when he's by his love all the time. :monster:

And Defade, thanks for that information. :) Very interesting.

Last edited:

BOEG

Lv. 25 Adventurer
I hate getting into this, but Zack going out to dinner with a co-worker hardly makes him the bad guy when Aerith whores herself out to Cloud after Zack fucking DIED trying to see her.

But oh well.

Selphie Tilmitt

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Maidenofwar
Yeah Aerith is such a whore for not going out with anyone for years after Zack died! :monster: Freaking seriously the girl spent freaking years on her own, eventually trying to move on and get on with her life, yes people are really such whores for trying to move on with someone else when they get a chance. That means many of us are. Shoot me please, I didn't stay with my first serious boyfriend! :monster:

I mean really.

*HUGS Alise*

Top Bottom