Catch-all R.I.P. thrad

vaderSW1

Dark Knight of the Red Wings
For the pro wrestling fans out there (like me) Bleacher Report just released the news that "The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes passed away today at the age of 69.

RIP "Dream"

RIP Christopher Lee also...

Two huge losses. Both very talented in their respective vocations. As Kevin Smith is fond of saying, "HUGE HUGE calderon of win" to both of these gentlemen.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Patrick Macnee of The Avengers (TV show) and Battlestar Galactica (original) has died age 93. Some of you may also know him as Sir Dennis Eton-Hogg of Polymer Records in Spinal Tap.
Macnee nearly lost the role of bowler-hatted Steed because of his aversion to violence. In a 1997 interview he recalled being told by producers that he would have to use a gun on the show.

“I said, ‘No, I don’t. I’ve been in World War II for five years and I’ve seen most of my friends blown to bits and I’m not going to carry a gun.’ They said: ‘What are you going to carry?’ I thought frantically and said: ‘An umbrella.’”

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
^ Also as my dad pointed out: "...but I like his short appearance as a young Jacob Marley in Alastair Sim's "A Christmas Carol." The man has been in movies and TV since 1938 and was still acting as late as 2003."

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Yes bass player Chris Squire died of leukæmia last week and somehow I only just heard about it. He may well have been the greatest bass player ever to pick up the instrument, and he was certainly one of the best bassists in progressive rock. His distinctive, punchy, heavily EQ’d tone was certainly instantly recognisable, much like the snare hit of his erstwhile bandmate Bill Bruford. Together they made arguably the greatest rhythm section ever featured by any progressive rock band. His chemistry with Bruford’s replacement Alan White (no slouch himself on the kit) was almost as impressive.

Here’s his 1975 solo album Fish Out of Water, which demonstrates that not only was he a superb bass player, but he was also an excellent singer and songwriter:

And here’s “Heart of the Sunrise”, one of the best examples of Bruford and Squire’s rhythm section:

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Omar Sharif, best known for his roles in Lawrence of Arabia (as Sherif Ali) and Doctor Zhivago (as the titular character), has died age 83 of a heart attack. He had previously been diagnosed with Alzheimer's.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Roger Rees, known for his portrayal of Nicholas Nickleby and his recurring roles in Cheers and The West Wing, has died age 71.

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Good job at finding about random dead celeb and way less celeb people but taking about a week of finding out a crucial member of one of your favorite bands died. *claps*

And Yes, (no pun intended :monster: ) I am an asshole.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Good job at finding about random dead celeb and way less celeb people but taking about a week of finding out a crucial member of one of your favorite bands died. *claps*

And Yes, (no pun intended :monster: ) I am an asshole.

1) That wouldn't've ever been a pun.
2) I'm sick of your drive-by shitposting.

If you've got something meaningful to contribute to a topic, by all means, go ahead and do so -- but don't just drop in with nothing but scathing remarks towards someone again. I won't let that shit slide.

X :neo:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
What the shit?!

I know he's been staying away from E3 and stuff due to health problems but I didn't think it would come to this...:(

Rest in peace.

mario_34noqk_by_aloooo81-d8zn172.png

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
George Coe, an actor with more than 50 years of credits to his name, has died age 86.
Coe’s TV credits included “Star Trek: The Next Generation,” “Max Headroom,” “Murder, She Wrote,” “Bones,” “Judging Amy,” “The King of Queens,” “Nip/Tuck,” “Grey’s Anatomy,” “Columbo,” “Curb Your Enthusiasm,” “Gilmore Girls,” ” The Golden Girls” and “The West Wing.”

He voiced the character of Woodhouse in the FX animated series “Archer” and the Autobot Wheeljack in Michael Bay’s “Transformers: Dark of the Moon.”
Woodhouse, noooooooo. :sadpanda:

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Cilla Black dies at 72.

Pretty sad about this one, as I grew up with her TV shows. In the 90's, Saturday nights were always about Blind Date, followed by Stars In Their Eyes. It's looking like natural causes, but they're awaiting autopsy results. :/

vaderSW1

Dark Knight of the Red Wings

RIP Yvonne Craig. This one has hit me pretty hard. I have very fond memories of watching the 60's Batman TV series as a child with my Grandpa. I always got excited when I saw Batgirl on her motorcycle come racing by the screen. You knew you were in for a Batgirl featured episode.

Cancer is terrible and it continues to claim victims every day. My Dad, my Grandma, my Grandpa, and my wife's Grandma have all died from some form of cancer. I hope they find a cure someday.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
RIP, Jackie Collins. :(

I haven't read her books, but she looked like a delightful woman every time I saw her on TV.

Top Bottom