Catch-all R.I.P. thrad

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
Not within my tastes musically, but a one-time protege of Prince by the stage name of Vanity at the age of 57. Her biggest claim to fame (and the only reason I even know who she is) was the fact that in 1985, she was listed on the PMRC's Filthy Fifteen, a list of 15 songs labeled inappropriate by the Parents Music Resource Center for lyrical subject matter such as sex, violence, drug & alcohol use, and the occult. The list did feature a few pop acts such as the aforementioned Vanity and Prince, along with Madonna and Cindi Lauper, but the list suggests that the PMRC's biggest target was hard rock and heavy metal (which I happen to be a fan of), since 9 of the 15 artists whose songs were listed were from that particular genre (including Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, AC/DC, Twisted Sister, Motley Crue, Venom, Mercyful Fate, WASP, and Def Leppard).

Last edited:

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
Former University of Miami (popularly known as "The U") President Edward T. Foote II at age 78. Foote was President of the University of Miami from 1981 to 2001, and his tenure was most notable for the university's rise to national prominence in Collegiate Athletics, especially in the sport Football (winning 4 NCAA National Championships in the process), spawning the successful football careers of NFL stars such as Jim Kelly, Bernie Kosar, Vinny Testaverde, Michael Irvin, Russell Maryland, Cortez Kennedy, Ray Lewis, Warren Sapp, the late Jerome Brown, Clinton Portis, Reggie Wayne, Santana Moss, Ed Reed, Andre Johnson, the late Sean Taylor, and Kellen Winslow Jr (one Hurricanes football star during Foote's tenure as University President who did NOT go into the NFL but nonetheless rose to stardom in his own right anyway was WWE wrestler and Hollywood actor Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson). The most notable Hurricanes head coach during this time to become a Head Coach in the NFL was Jimmy Johnson, who was named the successor to Tom Landry by the Dallas Cowboys and engineered the Herschel Walker Trade that eventually won the Cowboys 3 Super Bowls in the 1990s.

Last edited:

RedFFWolf

Donator
^I came here to post this :(

I only finished To Kill a Mockingbird recently, and it was one of the best books I ever read. Her talents are inspiring.

Last edited:

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
:sadpanda:

Clearly the next logical conclusion is you are death incarnate and updating this thread as you commit the act.

I will bet 25$ and my first born on this one.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
:sadpanda:

Clearly the next logical conclusion is you are death incarnate and updating this thread as you commit the act.

I will bet 25$ and my first born on this one.

Don't be ridiculous mate.

He isn't Death. He just has a Death Note.

RedFFWolf

Donator
Actor Frank Kelly has passed away today, the same day as one of his legendary co-stars, Dermot Morgan, did 18 years ago.

7e07b1ea5412067457daf7f7b3777b69.jpg

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Sir George Martin, the record producer who worked with the Beatles, among other famous artists, and who had more #1 records in the Billboard Top 100 than any other producer, has died at the age of 90.

As someone who knows a thing or two about the Beatles, I can tell you that Martin had an enormous influence on not only them, but also on pop and rock music as a whole. He was a multiple-Grammy winner, an Oscar-winner, part of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and from what I've heard, including directly from people who knew him, he was a lovely man, a real gentleman. RIP.

(If you've never heard of him before, well, he was probably the reason that the other George Martin has to use the middle initials R.R.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom