Chit Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nocturne

Watching Thee From The Moon
AKA
Just Nocturne will do
haha I dont know. I like how I am, but Im not very confident in myself at the same time.

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
Queen of Sunshine / QoS / Suiseiseki / Desudesudesu / Teva / Teva'ni
Ah that's got to be changed! Lol, sorry when I get tired I get really chipper and overly . . . how would I say it? Helpful I guess.

But yeah believe in yourself I mean dude you're more than halfway through Pharmaceutical School--I wouldn't even last a year in that sort of environment--I think it'd be too stressful and long for me.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Hi! And V, it doesn't really matter... lol. It's just what it looked like to me. xD

Nocty, your hard work will pay off! <3

Nocturne

AKA
Just Nocturne will do
eh I know it will, but I think ive said before on here, not sure, that money isnt everything to me in the least bit. Id pick love over money in a heart beat. The most driving force for me to do well in school and have a decent career is to be able to support a family, if thats where my life leads anyways.

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
Aww, you sound so old-school but I mean that in the best way. You just sound like the kind of guy that was really taught to respect your partner and to support her in every way possible.

Nocturne

AKA
Just Nocturne will do
tis the only way in my eyes. I think you should live for your significant other if you have one, and do all you can to make their lives even the slightest bit better.

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
Aww that's really sweet, you ought to be hugged for that.

But I do agree with you, caring for your significant other--going out of your way to bring a little sunshine into their day, that really matters.

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
Okay seriously, you've got be taken. xD

There's just no way a guy like you with those beliefs is single.

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
No . . . you're single? xD Really?

Nocturne

AKA
Just Nocturne will do
haha, yes, I have been for three years. Mainly because I was messed up from my last relationship pretty badly, and for the fact that all the other girls I know where I live just go out to clubs and drink, which neither of those are things I have any interest in.

Love over money?
Though it needs imagination to figure out why you would have to choose between your money-spawning activities and a significant other, of course you would choose the partner unless the situation demanded economical safety. It's instinct. Sorry Nocturne, but I don't think you are especially virtuous. No offense.

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
Ah I see, I see. Yup I'm single and independent and whatnot--all that jazz. My last boyfriend was a loser with a capital L, he had the nerve to just dump me for no reason. I'm not sure but I think his friends drink . . .

Yeah I don't think I'd have the heart nor the stomach to really drink alcohol.

Nocturne

AKA
Just Nocturne will do
Love over money?
Though it needs imagination to figure out why you would have to choose between your money-spawning activities and a significant other, of course you would choose the partner unless the situation demanded economical safety. It's instinct. Sorry Nocturne, but I don't think you are especially virtuous. No offense.

I meant like, if someone were to come up and over me a billion dollars if I would leave the person I loved, I wouldnt. Money makes things easier, but money isnt everything. Neither are possessions, and there are people who chose that stuff over people.

I just think it causes problems, so it really isnt worth it in the long run. Thats just me though.

Though honourable I think it's quite an unlikely scenario (someone making you choose between ridiculous wealth and your partner). I would need something more earthbound in order to connect to the subject.

It's like the moral dilemma with the train tracks; On one track is a baby, on the other is a bunch of old people. You have a chance to pull a lever so to redirect the train towards one of these two tracks. Which do you choose?
Only problem is that here we assume that the old people are blind, stupid, deaf and immovable. I mean, are they tied to the train track?
It is not the main point of the dilemma but still an interesting observation.

Nocturne

AKA
Just Nocturne will do
oh I agree, it is highly unlikely, but its the thought that counts.

yeah, that is a pretty interesting scenario. Either way, something is lost, whether its one of the two groups, or losing your own life in the process of saving them both if thats an option, or doing nothing.

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
Ah interesting point Shademp although I have to say the scenario you picked out was rather unfair. Choosing between the lives of elderly people who are possibly suffering and the life of a newborn baby--hmm. Personally I'd try to see if I could save them both, but since you stated that you have to choose, I'd go with the newborn.

I can relate by the way Nocturne to not being interested in going to clubs and drinking. Unfortunately it is a universal way for people to meet, and thus the most likely ground for you to meet a potential partner. I know that until I actually start going 'outside' I will remain single too.

Nocturne

AKA
Just Nocturne will do
sadly yes. Though you can meet people other ways, but its usually more awkward and harder.

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
Although the whole act of meeting people is surprisingly not so hard (well maybe to me anyways). I mean you can meet someone at the subway, the library, the hospital, the pharmacy ;), the interwebz (especially), the supermarket, etc. It's just a matter of you taking out the time to greet this person you're interested in and putting in the effort to actually cultivate a relationship. I think that's the hard part for some people, but that's just me. :)

Nocturne

AKA
Just Nocturne will do
I just sort of thing its like, once they find out you have a not so ordinary hobby, its a huge turn off for some people. Then again, I guess if they have no interest because of that, then they werent worth it in the first plac.e

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
Well anime isn't an odd hobby and neither is singing. xD Lol in fact I think some girls might find a guy that likes to sing kind of cute. I mean, not to really turn it around on myself and all, but I like a guy that has a creative streak.

Usually the people you meet are workmates or student comrades. These are naturally off limits in terms of dating, because once the dating ends there is a high risk of uncomfortable tension.

It's also unnerving how much a common interest is needed for people to keep interest in each other. Whether it be a friend or a partner, you need something common that connects you both.

Edit: Singing probably is more appealing to others if you have a guitar to accompany with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom