• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Death Stranding -A Hideo Kojima Game-

Ghost X

Kojima may actually be the messiah :monster:. I'm perhaps too excited now about this game. Was a bit iffy on the previous trailers, but this one has me hook, line, and sinker :P. Still no game play, but I'm happy with all the WTFery.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
When Norman is crawling away does it look like hes leaking Oil instead of bleeding to anyone else?

If you look at his calf area the "blood" is flowing and dripping really fast and if you look at the substance when it's on the ground it has a really crimson sheen that doesn't really fit blood but does look quite a bit like a few brands of car oil.

edit:

The moment in question is at about 3:04

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
When Norman is crawling away does it look like hes leaking Oil instead of bleeding to anyone else?

If you look at his calf area the "blood" is flowing and dripping really fast and if you look at the substance when it's on the ground it has a really crimson sheen that doesn't really fit blood but does look quite a bit like a few brands of car oil.

edit:

The moment in question is at about 3:04

I was wondering about that moment, too but because rather than a sheen of oil, I thought it looked like there was some sort of pulsing hear source just below the ground, since you can see smoke start to ride up from it around his boot.

Also, I like that the lights on their back seem to be an alternative to a UI for warning and targeting.

X :neo:

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Kojima still did not learn how to make a videogame trailer. I'm still waiting for him to show me the weirdness of his idea(s) outside of cinematics.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Kojima still did not learn how to make a videogame trailer.

g8l1JDt.gif

Kojima made some of the hypest trailers.

Cacti

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Kanthos, Cacti Kanth
I'm not sure what the heck I see every time a new trailer comes out but Kojima sure knows how to intrigue people with his weird stuff. I hope this won't be a PS4 exclusive so I might actually get a chance to play this. But considering his relationship with Sony now, I doubt it'll come to anything else.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
That was really neat, and I'm surprised to see him chatting about how much the strike impacted work, since most stuff about that has been pretty quiet, bit it's good that that got resolved and things are on track.

With this being the earliest part of the game chronologically, I wonder if each death gets marked by handprints on his skin, since it seems like you see one appearing when he's under water. It's all so interesting!

Additionally, I meant to mention how, in addition to the lights that point out the handprints change and configuration looks like a gameplay mechanic, the armbands that the two other people have look to be subtle UI for health meters, since you can see the one change as he goes into the air and starts stabbing himself, and the other guys' starts out red 'cause he's pinned under the truck.

X :neo:

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
Okay, so, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and try and rationalize what I just saw:

SOMETHING can only be seen in a certain band of light frequency, and if that something spots you, it sucks you in some kindof time warp that explodes, but the only way to survive that warp is if you eat some kind of baby parasite.

But even if you do survive it, it causes a crater-like explosion, and your "time" is sped-up somewhere in the future. So it's like a Time Jump.

....I think!? O.o

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i'm not going to bother trying to decipher from bits and pieces of a trailer (and a kojima trailer at that) after a fucking fetus mooning me from inside a vaginal canal and either just gave me a thumbs up or
P1cBRJn.jpg

but i like that they're letting him do something weird and unusual instead of just 'make another military shooter or straight scifi combat game'. he's got the name power to be able to do it and it's nice to see an expansion of what topics aaa games are willing to cover, regardless as to what the end result might turn out like. it might be shit, but at least someone tried something different

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Is it even a vaginal canal? Wasn't that from the end of the last trailer where it was just down Norman Reedus' throat?

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i don't think i watched the last trailer then, i just assumed it was in the place where babies come from

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
It's super weird, but at least we got some err, gameplay? Looks like a somewhat silly open-world post-apocalyptic Euro Truck Simulator where the truck has been replaced by Reedus and his magic backpack and powerhands where he takes jobs from anyone, moving anything from bodies to luggage to the wife's shopping. Second part is a stealth game, without the action part from MGS. This all slathered in what looks like mostly storytelling.

I hope there's eating the local wildlife in it. CRAB BATTLE!

Top Bottom