• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Death Stranding -A Hideo Kojima Game-

SailorStarDust

Kept you waiting, huh?
AKA
SSD
@SailorStarDust You needn't feel uncomfortable posting your critique. I'll argue against people who think otherwise :awesome:.

Ahahah, thanks.

In regards to celebrities being used for the roles, I would agree that this makes me a bit curious as to whether Kojima has jumped the shark to some degree. What tends to happen though is that stars want to work with cool and talented folks, and Kojima is undeniably an unrivalled creative genius :P. As long as it hasn't gone to his head, the quality of his work shouldn't be affected. I'd be more concerned about whether he has past his prime (inb4: "MGS3!"). Given his most recent project was the PT demo, where he continues to demonstrate that he operates on another level to anyone else, I think we're safe :P.

Also: Opens mouth to say "MGS3", abruptly shuts closed. (Hopefully we're in agreement that MSX MG 2: Solid Snake has the best OST in the series, though??)

I am all for weird/artsy things. I have a preference for such being justified though, in regards to at least wanting to have an inkling of an idea as to what I'm experiencing, rather than finishing a game and/or movie that was intentionally narratively lacking / incoherent... but I'll watch those too. All signs point toward this game having a narrative that is comprehendable however.

I mean, by all accounts (and this was a few years back, too), close friends of Kojima who had the plot explained to them were pretty dumbfounded by WTF was going on...So, I suppose this is another case of the plot being seemingly incomprehensible until the game's wrapped up + a good replay or two.

I'm all for the idea of a "no right vs wrong side" ala The Patriots vs Big Boss/Liquid/Solidus, though. That's always a compelling element in his works.

pxp

Pro Adventurer
So my sister just saw the Death Stranding presentation at EGX London and she says she's seriously thinking about cancelling her order because 'it just doesn't look interesting, gameplay wise'. Pretty surprised tbh - she's a huge gamer and has been excited for this for a long, long time ..........

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
6jjgp9p4akt31.jpg

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
So my sister just saw the Death Stranding presentation at EGX London and she says she's seriously thinking about cancelling her order because 'it just doesn't look interesting, gameplay wise'. Pretty surprised tbh - she's a huge gamer and has been excited for this for a long, long time ..........

Saw that presentation and I can kinda see what she means tbh, though I've been a fan of Metal Gear for decades and I can't say that watching Kojima personally playing through the game (as was showcased here) has ever been the best light to shine on his games.

Solordinn

Lv. 25 Adventurer
i am definitely getting this game, a lot of the reviews talk about its traversal system and i cant help but wonder how it would be implemented in rpg games as i have found that the bigger the world gets, the more boring and mundane it gets to travel in, just going from point a to point b.

Castiel Strife

Pro Adventurer
I had little interest in this game until reviewers started getting their hands on it and a particular description of the game caught my eye. It was compared, at one point, to Breath of the Wild for certain aspects of the game. It was compared to other games as well, but the way it talked about exploring the world just caught my attention. I’m renting it through GameFly and hopefully I won’t have to wait forever to actually rent a copy. I’m really excited to give it a go now.

Top Bottom