• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Destrillians: R2 - Discussion

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Let's keep the ball rolling if we can, guys. We worked out a lot of stuff in the chat the other night, but we still need to work out a domain name :P

let's get jiggy with it yo

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
darkridersanonymous.net

bugeyes.com

dudewhere'smysalad.co.uk

smilesshakesheadwalksaway.gov

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
Its almost like those were too funny, you know?

I'm throwing my money in with dproject until I hear something better.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
The problem though, Joe, is that none of those are particularly helpful...

ed: ...actually I really like that one hito ;.;

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I'm completely impartial. My apologies for the joke. It won't happen again officer.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Joe was just fuckin' around, ofc. :monster:

Might get some bio up later tonight or something

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
I'm well aware that it was a joke, but given that this is pretty important, it would be great if we could come up with something that everyone likes, you know? Can't do it if we don't try.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
:monster: I was out of line

I'm adding to my own little bio so it's a bit more fleshed. You, Aki and I can do some heavy brainstorming once they are solidified. I remember most of the stuff that was in the lost post anyway so we're good.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I thought basement5.[???] or dproject.[???] sounded good, for a real comment.

Until someone makes a .co.art domain.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
I am weighing my judgement on either. But dproject sounds... rather catchy!

HITO!!! ITS GODSLY TO SEE YOU AROUND! A post soon? ; . ;

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
I WILL BE YOUR ENTHUSIASTIC DRIVE. COME VISIT ME AND I SHALL AID YOU IN GAINING YOUR SPIRIT BACK. SUCH IS MY ROLE.

NoenGaruth

That Guy With The Midgar Model
AKA
NoenGaruth, Stolz, Blitzwing, Ryoko Asakura, Judge Magister Gabranth, Col. Hans Landa, Itsuki Koizumi, Treize Khushrenada
On the website name, I think it should just be Destrillians.com, as we're making a site about Destrillians so logically that's what it should be called. As Joe said to me we're not Hollywood producers making some bogus teaser site, its about our RP so should be directly tied to what it covers. Like how masseffect.com is the official site of mass effect and so on.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I have to agree with Dale on this one.

dproject sounds rather cool and stuff, but Destrillians.com is more practical.

Even though dproject is insanely cool. I cannot decide... :/

NoenGaruth

That Guy With The Midgar Model
AKA
NoenGaruth, Stolz, Blitzwing, Ryoko Asakura, Judge Magister Gabranth, Col. Hans Landa, Itsuki Koizumi, Treize Khushrenada
Like I said, I think it should be direct and to the point. People wanting to read Destrillians? Simple; Destrillians.com

That and for some reason dproject registers in my head as a rap group in the UK that uses the word 'aight'

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Yeah we might need to change the name to cut all ties to everything Channy thought up. Theres a reason nobody's suggested Destrillians.com beforehand :/ idk im not happy about it, but I'd be less happy if not changing it would cause all sorts of problems and drama and bullshit

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
dproject isn't a bad name by any means. As much as I'd love Destrillians.com because of its directness (is that even a word), but Alex kind of has a point.

It still was technically Channy's own creation, so keeping it a bit on the low-down would be a way of respecting that.

Sheva Alomar

I'm Alive and on Fire
AKA
Adri, Sir Integra, Fiona, Sango
Well, it wasn't her creation, lol. Since, you know, she stole it from one of her friends or something. :monster:

But really, keeping Destrillians (as far as legal matters are concerned imho) is a a matter of getting it copyrighted.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Well the point is that it's a clusterfuck either way. :wacky:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
We've got it on several public accounts that Channy has denounced claims of our RP. If it were a legal issue ^ there is our back up and if you really want I can get her to clarify this again at some point. I still talk to her.

If we're not going with Destrillians.com then we might aswell be thinking right now about finding a new name for our series/species. If we can't use it as a website name where people can easily find 'Destrillians' content then we ought to change the name right now.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
She might have denounced claims and stuff to our RP, and thats all well and good. But its the fact the name and some of the terminology is still rather public domain. Setting up a website under the Destrillians name and continuing to have the name of the series/species be what it is just makes me uneasy since they kind of belong to Channy and I'd rather not start a fight over whose version of 'Destrillians' is allowed to stake a more authentic claim. I'd rather sever our ties completely anything from the RP's first incarnation, just to keep our asses covered.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Well we either get it copyrighted OR we change the name of the term and series completely.

Either of these options needs to take place NOW.

Whatever the option taken, I believe the website title should carry the series name. Either 'Destrillians'.com(or net or w/e) OR 'NewNameHere'.com .

Top Bottom