Discreet Affections - TsengxAerith

crack

Donator
kqv3k.png

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Ava, Spike Spiegel, Stella Nox Fleuret, Altair Ibn-La'Ahad, Princess Zelda, Alice, Raven Roth, Faye Valentine, Tifa Lockhart, Khal Drogo
Popular demand

17271883_p0.png

tuoea-pain-1.jpg

secret.jpg

AND GO.

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Ava, Spike Spiegel, Stella Nox Fleuret, Altair Ibn-La'Ahad, Princess Zelda, Alice, Raven Roth, Faye Valentine, Tifa Lockhart, Khal Drogo
I don't really ship it, either. But pretty fanart is pretty fanart. :D

Sadly, Tseng x Aerith art is pretty damn rare. :(

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
This club should be named "Stockholm Syndrome"

But Aerith is not the prisoner. Tseng is the prisoner... of love!

This made my day. :monster:

Also... wow, I'm actually seeing new Tserith art. I'm just... happy. So happy.

I actually forget about this pairing every once and a while though. :awesome: I guess it may be because it's so rare and well-hidden in the background that I just forget.

All this LTD nonsense makes me forget that somebody else did like Aerith. :monster: TSENG. YOU SEXY THING.

Not only liked her, they get referenced as a love triangle together with Zack.

And we all know how Tseng interpreted 'take care of her'. :awesome:

Would be hard to get a high quality one, but yes.

Have you ever heard the very Tserithy theory that he smacks her to get her back in the helicopter because she's leaning out and could hurt herself? :monster:

I'd be lying if I said I didn't like it. But I think it's pretty obvious Tseng --> Aerith was an afterthought well after that part of the story. Doesn't really get shown until walking in that cave and then only if she's in your party.

Double post. Don't care.

I like this picture. Either they're both in the Lifestream, or Tseng's dreaming.

grass.gif

In this one, I think Aerith is telling a little lie to Cloud and Tifa:

zaoops.jpg

minimosey

Pro Adventurer
I'd be lying if I said I didn't like it. But I think it's pretty obvious Tseng --> Aerith was an afterthought well after that part of the story. Doesn't really get shown until walking in that cave and then only if she's in your party.

Not shown, but referenced in Gongaga even if that's ALSO optional:

Reno: I never knew that! But Tseng likes that Ancient...

In a scene where Reno and Rude are gossiping about crushes.

I'm sure I've said this before but I am forever annoyed that the canon reflection of Tseng on Aerith after her death is pretty much nonexistent. WHAT GIVES.

Ya, I just meant that the part with the helicopter slap was probably scripted before that line was really thought up.

Or we can go with he likes to punch women he wants. I dunno. I love my pairing enough without this confusion. :P

I'm sure I've said this before but I am forever annoyed that the canon reflection of Tseng on Aerith after her death is pretty much nonexistent. WHAT GIVES.

I read a good fic back in the day about him seeking revenge on Cloud for not protecting her. It ended up being TsengxElena in the end because she was helping him get over his anger but it was still sweet.

I read a good fic back in the day about him seeking revenge on Cloud for not protecting her. It ended up being TsengxElena in the end because she was helping him get over his anger but it was still sweet.

Link please.

I can't remember if I've posted this before on this forum, but since I don't care about repeating myself, here's my take on the infamous helicopter slap:

Tseng has known Aerith for a long time - exact length of time is unspecified, but certainly longer than the 48 hours (max) that she's known Cloud and Co. During that time he has both wooed her to return to Shinra, and protected her from Shinra, since it's clear that the Turks are making no great efforts to bring her in, and even seem to have some kind of understanding with her. Reno knows where she lives, yet after the Church incident he just buggers off, presumably to report (yet another) failure to capture her.

AVALANCHE , meanwhile, have blown up several reactors, with considerable loss of life, and have presumably been causing trouble and suffering for a while before that. [I don't mean to imply by this that Shinra are the good guys. No government is ever the good guy.]

So when Tseng discovers that his precious last of the Cetras has got all pally with a bunch of terrorists she hardly knows, he is, quite understandly, livid, both on a personal level (it's a huge rejection of everything he's done for her) and at Aerith's own dangerous stupidity - or so it would seem to him. When she pushes it too far, he lashes out at her - to shut her up, to warn her, to teach her a lesson, because he can't control himself, and because he is a man who makes his living by violence. That doesn't make it OK to hit her, obviously. Probably doesn't make it forgiveable. But it does make it understandable, I think. It's not as if he's randomly punching her because he gets a kick out of abusing women. He's infuriated by her naive folly. I'd be really surprised if there's anyone who has never felt (though of course resisted) the urge to land one on the face of someone they love who's done something incredibly stupid.

I have confined myself to supporting my argument with evidence from the OG. Evidence from the Compilation only makes it stronger.

The defence rests.

Last edited:

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Um, my theory on the slap....and it was a slap! Not a punch. An open handed slap....which is totally fine...Sean Connery said so.

Ahem anyway my theory is along the lines of Licorices, but with the added element that I think Tseng got pulled into Heideggers office after Renos failure. I think Heidegger hauled him over the coals about it and probably said some inflammatory and disgusting things.

That, and as I've said before....its easier to do horrible things to someone if they hate you. Or maybe thats just me.

Totally wrong of course, but I still find the whole slap thing sexy, and in doing so I have set femininsm back about 200 years :monster: But let us not forget, Sephiroth stabbed and killed her, and thats like, 100 times worse than slapping!

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
That really reminds me of the 'Love Is' cartoon strips :lol:

Vivi

Jump Rope Champion
AKA
Vivi, Setzer Gabbiani
^Yes. It's just adorable. Tseng's ribbon makes me irrationally happy.

I also found this:

tumblr_lm4x7xNeyc1qk0fh5o1_400.jpg

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
That pic looks to me like the inside of the helicopter. And although Aerith is 'wincing' slightly they both look far too pleased with themselves....hmmmmm.

Top Bottom