Was dicking around with Gimp.

FF9Garland.png

ImperialShadowMateus-1.png

Terra-1.png

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
How about we wait and see before declaring this to be an epic defilement?

How about I continue to comment on what I can and you just deal with it fgt? :monster:
Still can't find a reason Terra might feel the need to be killed?

Don't recall ever saying there was no reason for it, I said it wasn't believable and didn't fall in line with what I've seen of her character.
No reason other than that half of the cast does at one point or another.

Except at that point she clearly remembers herself and her friends, enough to want to sacrifice herself to protect them. Either way it's just assumption.

Also, you need to learn how to join a conversation at the time, rather than showing up at the end and making long tl;dr posts that make me not want to read them you chubby chasing wall monkey.

Last edited:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
How about I continue to comment on what I can and you just deal with it fgt?

blowmenes.jpg

Dacon said:
Except at that point she clearly remembers herself and her friends, enough to want to sacrifice herself to protect them. Either way it's just assumption.

Right, we can only assume what she remembers there, why she wants to die, etc. Some things are more obvious than others (such as Vaan is probably her friend by then and she's probably already been forced to kill some of the heroes), but, yes. So, my point is we don't yet know if they dropped a stupid bomb here.

Dacon said:
Also, you need to learn how to join a conversation at the time, rather than showing up at the end and making long tl;dr posts that make me not want to read them you chubby chasing wall monkey.

18 hours ago when you faggot fucks were doing your mating dance I was performing valuable public services (i.e. doing inventory at Wal-Mart).

Max Payne

Banned
AKA

CRY_SOME_MORE_by_Digicaek.png

Right, we can only assume what she remembers there, why she wants to die, etc. Some things are more obvious than others (such as Vaan is probably her friend by then and she's probably already been forced to kill some of the heroes), but, yes. So, my point is we don't yet know if they dropped a stupid bomb here.

Like I said, I can only comment on what I see. I don't think that's within her character, and if she's not going to act the way I know her to have before, I just don't see the point. I don't care that much however, since I don't think much of the story or writing in Dissidia to begin with.
18 hours ago when you faggot fucks were doing your mating dance I was performing valuable public services (i.e. doing inventory at Wal-Mart).

My someone thinks highly of themselves.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Also, the emperor is still the king of FAAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS.

Even Kuja can't compete with his thong and girl ass.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Also, the emperor is still the king of FAAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS.

Even Kuja can't compete with his thong and girl ass.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Now, to me, that bolded part is what doesn't really sound like Terra. That's far more assertive and aggressive than she was in the original game until after defeating Humbaba.
All characters have already been stated to have gone through all of their character development from the original games by the time these games happen if I'm not mistaken, so this is after she defeated Humbaba. It would be a completely unexplained change in her character for her not to want the person responsible for mind controlling her defeated.

Oh, come on, everything about the characters' circumstances are different in Dissidia to what they were in their original games -- and there's no denying that circumstances play a role in shaping people. Let's see what those circumstances are before declaring that this could never, ever happen without it being retarded if it did.

As much as I harp on SE's stupidity, even I'm willing to wait for the complete context before thinking a story choice is utter fail.
We already know the context (Mako explained it upthread), and it is retarded.

Wouldn't they use the game itself to explain how she gets to this point? I mean, really, we want them to tell the whole the story in a trailer?
This happens before the game if my understanding of Mako's summary is correct. So it's utterly retarded to have her circumstances change so much offscreen.

If she feels -- and maybe even is -- that she's more a liability than a help, that's a good reason.
That doesn't mean Square Enix didn't come up with just about the most ludicrously contrived set of circumstances possible for her to get to that point. Seriously I'm pretty sure I could have come up with a better scenario in five minutes and it wouldn't involve her being fucking suicidal.

It is an established part of Dissidia's plot, though, that many characters have amnesia. It's not any more contrived for her to have amnesia again under these circumstances than it is for Cloud.
Just because it's an established part of the plot doesn't mean it's not fucking stupid.

As Duodecim is a prequel to Dissidia, it's not as though she went from Terra as we saw her in the first game to this character we're seeing now. It was the reverse.

For that matter, given that we don't know what all came before Duodecim, who knows how long she's been forced to kill people. She may have been forced to do this for numerous cycles of the war.

We also don't know how much of this she may remember.
Right, I'm fairly sure someone else had said it was a sequel, but either way, it's retarded. Terra wanting someone to kill her is apparently part of the prologue. Such a radical shift in characterisation shouldn't be just foisted upon people with no explanation. Even if you're going to explain it in flashbacks having a character start the game borderline OOC is a shitty way to start the game. Especially if the explanation is as stupidly repetitive as the explanation in this case is. It's like they're throwing as much bullshit as possible as her so they can contrive to have her characterisation regress as much as possible. It's stupid.

It's also worth pointing out that our understanding of the circumstances that drove Terra to this barely believable frame of mind come from scans. I would probably be willing to bet money that Square Enix didn't bother translating for English-speaking audiences. Which would be utterly retarded.

We're worried about what's believable in a game about anthropomorphic deities who embody abstract concepts born of the human mind pulling warriors from multiple worlds to use as pieces in a game of Risk?

Priorities, man.
Even when a plot embodies fantasy concepts that are completely alien to our world it still shouldn't literally repeat itself three times over. There's recursion, and then there's just plain laziness. Having characters go through the exact same set of experiences three times is just fucking lazy writing. It's evidence of the writers not being able to come up with original plot ideas. Sure, even Sherlock Holmes wound up seeing the a few of the same mysteries a couple of times, but he only ever saw any of them twice, and he had dozens, maybe hundreds of mysteries. Terra goes through the same exact experience in three consecutive games. It's ridiculous.

Presumably, at the point where she asks to be killed, Vaan is her friend, even if she doesn't know any of the others to be. She's also presumably capable of distinguishing between good guys and bad guys.
Right, but she'd have to have her memory to know Vaan was her friend. If I'm not mistaken she specifically identifies him as a friend. Not just as an innocent person.

She was quite content to fly off to Zozo/give up in the original game.
Yes, at the beginning of the fucking game when she has no idea what she is. If my understanding of timelines is correct then she's way beyond that by the time the events depicted in Duodecim and Dissidia happen.

Of course, for all we know, asking for death in Duodecim is her way of fighting back against the villains and may be an example of her acting strong.
Yes, but it's retarded and would be OOC under any believable set of circumstances.

How about we wait and see before declaring this to be an epic defilement?
I'm pretty sure wanting to die isn't a believable reaction of Terra's to any believable set of events that could befall her. As stated, there is an adequate explanation for why she wants to die, but it's not believable.

I don't like the angle they chose for her in the Dissidia series either. Doesn't mean it can't be plausible within the right circumstances.
The "right circumstances" have to be believable. This is fucking soap-opera quality writing.

Last edited:
e9x3wk.jpg

Seriously, does anyone here actually play Dissidia for the story?

I sure don't. =/

The story is a mountain of wasted potential. When I dreamed of characters from different FFs interacting, I envisioned two things;
1) That the characters did NOT all have amnesia. Seriously, the amnesia thing feels like lazy writing and makes the characters too detached from the EPIC GOAL they are trying to accomplish.
2) That you would roam each FF world, interacting with NPCs and having a fun time seeing how the FF characters alien to that world would react.

The control you feel when playing Dissidia? AWESOME.
The story? Terrible.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
My someone thinks highly of themselves.

Wal-Mart is a beacon of social advocacy in the abyss that is the common man's struggles. Didn't you know?

All characters have already been stated to have gone through all of their character development from the original games by the time these games happen if I'm not mistaken, so this is after she defeated Humbaba. It would be a completely unexplained change in her character for her not to want the person responsible for mind controlling her defeated.

While it is after Humbaba, she probably doesn't remember any of that.

Aaron said:
Just because it's an established part of the plot doesn't mean it's not fucking stupid.

I'm not really disagreeing with that. I never was a fan of the amnesia subplot either, even with the first Dissidia.

Aaron said:
Right, I'm fairly sure someone else had said it was a sequel, but either way, it's retarded.

It's a prequel. The sequel to the first Dissidia is the first Final Fantasy (for real).

Aaron said:
Terra wanting someone to kill her is apparently part of the prologue.

What do you mean? She's not even in Duodecim Prologus.

Aaron said:
Even when a plot embodies fantasy concepts that are completely alien to our world it still shouldn't literally repeat itself three times over. There's recursion, and then there's just plain laziness. Having characters go through the exact same set of experiences three times is just fucking lazy writing. It's evidence of the writers not being able to come up with original plot ideas. Sure, even Sherlock Holmes wound up seeing the a few of the same mysteries a couple of times, but he only ever saw any of them twice, and he had dozens, maybe hundreds of mysteries. Terra goes through the same exact experience in three consecutive games. It's ridiculous.

Well, yeah, but quality of writing and novelty of ideas aren't synonomous -- though they may be related at times, sure -- with internally consistent plot mechanics and in-universe plausibility.

Aaron said:
Right, but she'd have to have her memory to know Vaan was her friend. If I'm not mistaken she specifically identifies him as a friend. Not just as an innocent person.

She didn't need memories to know that Locke was a friend after getting to know him just a little (not that she'd ever known him before anyway). Since we don't know how far into the story of Duodecim she asks to be killed, it's reasonable to assume right now that even if she doesn't have any memories of being friends with the other warriors of Cosmos, she'll think of Vaan as a friend since he's trying to help her.

Aaron said:
Yes, at the beginning of the fucking game when she has no idea what she is. If my understanding of timelines is correct then she's way beyond that by the time the events depicted in Duodecim and Dissidia happen.

If she has no memory of any of those things that have come since (maybe not even what she actually is), then she can't be said to be beyond all of her insecurities about her powers. If Squall can forget Rinoa and Firion can forget the wild rose, Terra can -- and probably has -- forgotten her adventure from FFVI and the growth that came with it.

Aaron said:
Yes, but it's retarded and would be OOC under any believable set of circumstances.

What's implausible about a heroic character being willing to die for what they believe is the greater good? Don't these characters do this kind of thing all the time, even when they're deciding to go into battle?

Aaron said:
I'm pretty sure wanting to die isn't a believable reaction of Terra's to any believable set of events that could befall her. As stated, there is an adequate explanation for why she wants to die, but it's not believable.

The "right circumstances" have to be believable. This is fucking soap-opera quality writing.

I'm going to need you to define "believable" then, because I'm just going by the basic dictionary definition of the word, and I feel like it's now reached "working families" status.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
While it is after Humbaba, she probably doesn't remember any of that.
Amnesia is a lazy man's way of making a character into a blank slate and it's overused in RPGs as it is. So yeah, this is just bad writing used to "justify" turning Terra into a whiny sack of angst.

I'm not really disagreeing with that. I never was a fan of the amnesia subplot either, even with the first Dissidia.

It's a prequel. The sequel to the first Dissidia is the first Final Fantasy (for real).
Right.

What do you mean? She's not even in Duodecim Prologus.
I was under the impression that Mako had said that Terra is only a warrior of Chaos before the game starts.

Well, yeah, but quality of writing and novelty of ideas aren't synonomous -- though they may be related at times, sure -- with internally consistent plot mechanics and in-universe plausibility.
Just because it's possible in-universe doesn't mean it's plausible. The same character undergoing a Heel Face Revolving Door for the exact same reasons three times simply is not plausible no matter how many diabolus ex machinas you invent to explain it.

She didn't need memories to know that Locke was a friend after getting to know him just a little (not that she'd ever known him before anyway). Since we don't know how far into the story of Duodecim she asks to be killed, it's reasonable to assume right now that even if she doesn't have any memories of being friends with the other warriors of Cosmos, she'll think of Vaan as a friend since he's trying to help her.
Didn't she specifically identify the others as friends as well though? I can't remember and can't be bothered checking. If I'm wrong on this point then I guess you could be right.

If she has no memory of any of those things that have come since (maybe not even what she actually is), then she can't be said to be beyond all of her insecurities about her powers. If Squall can forget Rinoa and Firion can forget the wild rose, Terra can -- and probably has -- forgotten her adventure from FFVI and the growth that came with it.
And again, amnesia is one of the most overused and stupid plot devices possible. Furthermore, if I'm not mistaken most of the other characters don't suffer such radically different shifts in character despite losing their memories, so just saying Terra lost her memory isn't an adequate explanation given the in-universe mechanics of memory loss.

What's implausible about a heroic character being willing to die for what they believe is the greater good? Don't these characters do this kind of thing all the time, even when they're deciding to go into battle?
Under any believable set of circumstances. Being put under the same kind of mental control three times in three consecutive games is not believable.

I'm going to need you to define "believable" then, because I'm just going by the basic dictionary definition of the word, and I feel like it's now reached "working families" status.
A believable plot wouldn't involve the same exact events happening three times to the same exact characters in a poor attempt to justify putting a character through the Heel Face Revolving Door. Once is fine, twice is pushing it. Three breaks the suspension of disbelief. I know we're dealing with gods here, but even they generally wouldn't bother reusing the same exact plan with the same exact characters over and over. Unless they're every bit as unoriginal as the writers. Which would be pretty retarded characterisation to give to gods. Seriously if Chaos already tried it once and found that it didn't work, he'd try something different the next time if he were actually worth the appellation of deity.

Last edited:

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Seriously people. The plot is just an excuse for the characters to beat the crap out of each other.

They shouldn't even bother trying to justify it with plot then. Especially since they're claiming this piss poor excuse for writing supersedes the other games in canon. Of course those of us that don't like it can just ignore it, but it detracts from the games either way.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
http://community.livejournal.com/ffchaoticcosmos/328419.html

• Before deciding on Prishe as a new Cosmos rep, Eald'narche and Kam'lanaut were considered for Chaos reps.
  • Prishe plays very differently from Tifa, more details to come in future reports
  • Like the previous game, there will be a Data Install
  • They plan to give DLC outfits to every character and want to release as much content as possible

I'm disappointed, I wanted Eald'narche in. I even included him as the FF11 villain in my fanfic and made a moveset for him!

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/User:Drake_Clawfang/Dissidia#Eald.27narche

kyrt

Lv. 25 Adventurer
Can anyone actually confirm with evidence that the full roster has now been set? Will SE be adding anymore characters other than the currently announced?

Also as far as the amnesia goes I thought Yuna still had her memories or did this get proved incorrect.

Is anyone else disappointed that all we are getting is 15 new hours of enjoyment and a rehash of the previous game. What happened to a full blown sequel? I suppose I could hope for a sequel to Dissidia at some point...I just hope it isn't on the NGP which looks to suck. Unless game developers can put a shit load more onto the game drives then there is no real point to the NGP.

Hell if SE is putting the previous game in it then the least they could do is make a chaos side to the story. Or use the characters in the prologue or something. Seriously all it is, is a rehash? Not sure if want. Unless SE adds at least two more characters I'm going to officially mark this as do not buy unless you don't have the first game.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
It's a bit premature to call it a rehash considering Dissidia 1 is going to be completely redone with a world map, party, and the characters from Duodecim 012 being included. It's not going to be the same game at all, in terms of game mechanics, design, characters, or plot. They're rebuilding it all from the ground up now.

In regards to Terra, yeah the premise is hackneyed and cliche. Terra just can't seem to keep a hold of her mind at all these days, but before it's decried as worthless at least wait for its context. A bizarre or derpy premise doesn't necessarily dictate or condemn an entire story. Shit like that happens all the time in RPGs. How many fucking times does a world need saving? Yeah, its cliche but cliche doesn't equate to suddenly tearing apart the story in Hulk infused rage.

If Terra in the ends breaks free or something on her own, it'll only show she's got more going than what we thought.

Last edited:

SkyGrinderomnislash7IV

Pro Adventurer
Square's idiotic if they end the roster with Gilgamesh and add no new FF VI character. Why Prishe, no one wanted another XI character let alone some random no name good guy. I mean if we got Shadow Lord or that guy Drake's been asking for at least XI would have a villain, but please don't tell me this crappy character and a possible 2nd XIII protagonist took the final slots, as opposed to Celes/Locke/Edgar/Sabin/Cyan/Shadow or Vivi/Garnet/Beatrix
I actually don't mind Vaan, but Shant(whatever) and Prishe are garbage.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
It's a bit premature to call it a rehash considering Dissidia 1 is going to be completely redone with a world map, party, and the characters from Duodecim 012 being included. It's not going to be the same game at all, in terms of game mechanics, design, characters, or plot. They're rebuilding it all from the ground up now.

Agreement about it not being a simple rehash, but where did you hear about the Duodecim characters being in the original Dissidia's story? From what I read, my understanding was that they wouldn't be around.

And that would be drastically changing the plot of the original game were that the case, as the 20 warriors battling it out in the first Dissidia were said to be all who remained before.

Can anyone actually confirm with evidence that the full roster has now been set? Will SE be adding anymore characters other than the currently announced?

It's not been confirmed either way as far as I know. Seems possible to me that more characters could still make it in, seeing as how Prishe and Gilgamesh are confirmed to be in Duodecim, but neither is standing with the warriors of Cosmos or of Chaos at the end of the newest trailer.

kyrt said:
Also as far as the amnesia goes I thought Yuna still had her memories or did this get proved incorrect.

She does have hers, as does Jecht. Different characters have different degrees of memory.

For instance, in the first Dissidia, Cecil and Cloud seemed to have their complete memories, while Squall didn't.

kyrt said:
Is anyone else disappointed that all we are getting is 15 new hours of enjoyment and a rehash of the previous game. What happened to a full blown sequel? I suppose I could hope for a sequel to Dissidia at some point...

I'm honestly not that disappointed. I feel like they'll deliver something awesome. I could be wrong, but we'll see.

As for a sequel, I really don't think that's possible given how the first Dissidia ended. Unless they give the first FF a full and proper remake.

Amnesia is a lazy man's way of making a character into a blank slate and it's overused in RPGs as it is. So yeah, this is just bad writing used to "justify" turning Terra into a whiny sack of angst.

I agree with you, man, I do. I guess they figured that Terra is most recognizable when she's angsting while the rest of us know she's most recognizable when her hair is green.

Aaron said:
I was under the impression that Mako had said that Terra is only a warrior of Chaos before the game starts.

That's still to be determined. She definitely begins the game on their side. Based on what we know from the first Dissidia of her role in this cyle of the war, it's probably safe to assume that she'll end up playing for both teams -- killing some of the heroes before being freed from Kefka's control and being killed herself or killing herself.

Aaron said:
And again, amnesia is one of the most overused and stupid plot devices possible. Furthermore, if I'm not mistaken most of the other characters don't suffer such radically different shifts in character despite losing their memories, so just saying Terra lost her memory isn't an adequate explanation given the in-universe mechanics of memory loss.

As you said, though, Terra essentially becomes a blank slate without her memories of FFVI. She has little character at all without those memories, while most of the heroes -- even with things that are most important to them lost -- have something to fall back on.

I realize the amnesia thing is overdone at this point, even for Dissidia, but how are you surprised that it's showing up given the plot of the first game and since we've seen mention of it from the earliest announcements for Duodecim? One of the earliest lines we heard/read about from the new game was the Emperor speaking of the heroes lacking their memories.

Aaron said:
A believable plot wouldn't involve the same exact events happening three times to the same exact characters in a poor attempt to justify putting a character through the Heel Face Revolving Door. Once is fine, twice is pushing it. Three breaks the suspension of disbelief.

But what makes it not believable rather than just trite?

Aaron said:
I know we're dealing with gods here, but even they generally wouldn't bother reusing the same exact plan with the same exact characters over and over. Unless they're every bit as unoriginal as the writers. Which would be pretty retarded characterisation to give to gods. Seriously if Chaos already tried it once and found that it didn't work, he'd try something different the next time if he were actually worth the appellation of deity.

Well, to be fair, this is Kefka's doing. And trying the same thing over and over isn't all that surprising when we're dealing with an insane person.

Not that Chaos is in a much better position in this whole affair. He's a pawn as well, manipulated by Garland and Cid on one side, and the Emperor on another.

They shouldn't even bother trying to justify it with plot then. Especially since they're claiming this piss poor excuse for writing supersedes the other games in canon. Of course those of us that don't like it can just ignore it, but it detracts from the games either way.

Where are you getting the impression that it overwrites anything from the other FF titles? It doesn't supercede anything -- it's just another event in the lives (afterlives in some cases) of the characters, with no overt bearing on any of their past adventures (Warrior of Light, of course, being the exception, since the first FF is a future adventure for him relative to the timing of Dissidia).

The most it could be said to do as far as other characters go is foreshadow Golbez's rise to the light in FFIV: The After Years, and possibly explain some of Cloud's new moves in Advent Children Complete (lifted from Firion).

Last edited:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
e9x3wk.jpg

Seriously, does anyone here actually play Dissidia for the story?

Do people play Super Smash Bros for the story?

In regards to Terra, yeah the premise is hackneyed and cliche. Terra just can't seem to keep a hold of her mind at all these days, but before it's decried as worthless at least wait for its context. A bizarre or derpy premise doesn't necessarily dictate or condemn an entire story. Shit like that happens all the time in RPGs. How many fucking times does a world need saving? Yeah, its cliche but cliche doesn't equate to suddenly tearing apart the story in Hulk infused rage.

At this point it's more illogical to expect SE to write a good story than it is to remain optimistic.

I think of XIII's story and immediately get to laughing, from the names of things, to the events and the characters it's just a mess. The first Dissida was pretty badly written too, especially the dialogue.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
ffvi spoilers follow. if anyone still hasn't played the damn game, do it faggot.

She does have hers, as does Jecht. Different characters have different degrees of memory.

For instance, in the first Dissidia, Cecil and Cloud seemed to have their complete memories, while Squall didn't.
And this is pretty fucking stupid. If characters are going to undergo amnesia they should all undergo the same degree of it. Unless there's a damn good explanation for why different characters have different degrees of amnesia, which I'm sure there won't be. Since the same events affect different characters different it's pretty clear that they're just using amnesia as a plot device so they can hand wave away any responsibility for keeping characterisation consistent.

I agree with you, man, I do. I guess they figured that Terra is most recognizable when she's angsting while the rest of us know she's most recognizable when her hair is green.
good to hear there :monster:

That's still to be determined. She definitely begins the game on their side. Based on what we know from the first Dissidia of her role in this cyle of the war, it's probably safe to assume that she'll end up playing for both teams -- killing some of the heroes before being freed from Kefka's control and being killed herself or killing herself.
Right.

As you said, though, Terra essentially becomes a blank slate without her memories of FFVI. She has little character at all without those memories, while most of the heroes -- even with things that are most important to them lost -- have something to fall back on.
She has little character at the beginning of the game because she doesn't even know her nature as half-Esper (and there's no indication she ever knew this as a soldier of the Empire, either). By the time she realises what she is she becomes a much stronger person. Completely erasing all of that would be stupid and an obvious deliberate use of plot mechanics to manipulate a character unnaturally.

I realize the amnesia thing is overdone at this point, even for Dissidia, but how are you surprised that it's showing up given the plot of the first game and since we've seen mention of it from the earliest announcements for Duodecim? One of the earliest lines we heard/read about from the new game was the Emperor speaking of the heroes lacking their memories.
I didn't say I was surprised; this is modern-day Square Enix we're talking about. I just said it was stupid and barely believable. What's the point of using characters who've undergone a bunch of life-changing, life-or-death struggles if you're going to erase the damn things from their memories?

But what makes it not believable rather than just trite?
Because a character trying the same thing over and over with the same targets and expecting a different outcome after it fails twice is not believable characterisation.

Well, to be fair, this is Kefka's doing. And trying the same thing over and over isn't all that surprising when we're dealing with an insane person.
If it's Kefka's doing that makes it even worse. He was noted in the original game even in-universe for his unpredictability - throwing the Emperor off a cliff, rearranging the Statues, torching Figaro Castle, poisoning Doma: all of those were things no one in-universe at least expected him to do (although I guess a case could be made for a player who expects him to pursue the course of action that creates the most suffering to have predicted some of these). Even when he was using the Light of Judgement repeatedly it was for completely unpredictable reasons and he'd do it on a whim. Having him repeat the exact same sequence of events over and over without any variation simply is not believable for his character.

Not that Chaos is in a much better position in this whole affair. He's a pawn as well, manipulated by Garland and Cid on one side, and the Emperor on another.
right

Where are you getting the impression that it overwrites anything from the other FF titles?
Mako explicitly said as much in another thread. I can't remember which one because it was a long time ago.

It doesn't supercede anything -- it's just another event in the lives (afterlives in some cases) of the characters, with no overt bearing on any of their past adventures (Warrior of Light, of course, being the exception, since the first FF is a future adventure for him relative to the timing of Dissidia).

The most it could be said to do as far as other characters go is foreshadow Golbez's rise to the light in FFIV: The After Years, and possibly explain some of Cloud's new moves in Advent Children Complete (lifted from Firion).
Right, I've read the exact opposite. So now I'm not sure which of you to believe.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Oh, also, because I missed it the first time around.
Wal-Mart is a beacon of social advocacy in the abyss that is the common man's struggles. Didn't you know?
Hahahahahahahah you'd best be joking.

Top Bottom