Dissidia English Clips & Translation Discussion

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
I played through the GBA original, I know what it's like. :monster:
Ah, apologies. I never played the GBA version so I went in blind. I was disappointed, I could have saved myself the cash and rented the damn thing. Not to mention that card system is really difficult to get the hang of.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I thought ReCoM was fun. I love the card system :wacky:

Back to Dissidia, I do hope that we get more special moves that weren't in the original Japanese game.

Also, one thing surprised me. I'm pretty sure that the original Japanese game didn't subtitle the opening battle quotes of the characters. Why did they do that here?

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
I thought ReCoM was fun. I love the card system :wacky:

Back to Dissidia, I do hope that we get more special moves that weren't in the original Japanese game.

Also, one thing surprised me. I'm pretty sure that the original Japanese game didn't subtitle the opening battle quotes of the characters. Why did they do that here?

Because AMERICANS CAN'T READ.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Cecil is NOT cheesy :@

Fuck you guys, I'm a Dragon Knight.

EDIT: "I swear on this blade, I will not be dissuaded."

It's...not really a blade though, Cecil. It's a spear..or javelin of some kind...

That being said, it all sounds awesome. Another win for me. Although Cecil's EX Burst being named "Soul Shift" confuses me. It was "Double Phase"...as in...the two phases of the moon. Two moon phases. I'm not sure where "Soul Shift" comes from.

Last edited:

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Cecil is NOT cheesy :@

Fuck you guys, I'm a Dragon Knight.

Coolest class ever is Mystic Knight.

Seriously though. "I swear on this blade, I will not be dissuaded". "I can turn darkness into hallowed light".

He may want to work on "turning lameass into badass", the art of which Golbez has mastered BTW.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
That's some cold shit to say, man. Cecil's a Paladin, he can't help but be cheesy. :monster:

He's your archetypal hero of light!

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Warrior of Light is just as corny! And he has no name or identity so no he doesn't :monster:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Coolest class ever is Mystic Knight.

Seriously though. "I swear on this blade, I will not be dissuaded". "I can turn darkness into hallowed light".

He may want to work on "turning lameass into badass", the art of which Golbez has mastered BTW.

It's not his fault the dialogue sucks. CC and DoC had shitty lines too.

CC moreso.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Warrior of Light is just as corny! And he has no name or identity so no he doesn't :monster:
Warrior does have several light quotes, but he doesn't obsess over it. If you'd like I could copy and paste Cecil's Japanese battle dialogue here, almost everything he says is about light and darkness.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Warrior does have several light quotes, but he doesn't obsess over it. If you'd like I could copy and paste Cecil's Japanese battle dialogue here, almost everything he says is about light and darkness.

That's cause Cecil is SO cash.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
You're a lying fuck, Dacon. CC had great lines. Go to hell.
:crymoar:

Everything that came out of Genesis' mouth was shit.

That's why Sephiroth and everyone else hated his faggot ass.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Oh you just didn't fucking bash Genesis on MY forum.

You go to HELL. You go to HELL and you DIE.

garrison.jpg

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Cecil's dialogue makes "let's score as many as we can!" sound even weirder.

IIRC, the Japanese version of FFX didn't have subtitles for battle quotes but they added them in the English version (at least the one I played, which was the UK version.)

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Cecil's dialogue makes "let's score as many as we can!" sound even weirder.

Yeah, that sounds like something Tidus would say. What a bizarre localization choice.

IIRC, the Japanese version of FFX didn't have subtitles for battle quotes but they added them in the English version (at least the one I played, which was the UK version.)

Really? Wow, that's kinda sad. :awesome:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
...okay...

And is Cecil's voice the Prince of Persia? I've heard it somewhere...I know its his voice from the DS version but I'm not talking about that.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Apparently US gamers can't play and listen at the same time. We gotta see the letters so we know what they're saying. :monster:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Oh okay, well earlier people were joking about not being able to read which didn't make any sense so I was confused.

And in our defense, the lips match in Japanese, they don't for us. And besides, the Japanese subtitle they're own freaking TV.

Last edited:
Top Bottom